August 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

Let us have it!

Mine is I forgot to take my birth control pill 2 days in a row and started bleeding this morning... FI thinks there is something wrong with me and I'm too chicken shit to tell him the reason behind it. Mostly because he hates condoms and can't wait to be rid of them.
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I was waiting for this thread! I forgot to cut LO's nails for a week or so and he gave himself a huge scratch on his cheek during his evening nap yesterday. Seriously, it looks awful. I cleaned it and put Vaseline on and he doesn't seem at all bothered by it but I feel so bad! And we have a family Halloween party tonight so I'm hoping I don't get any lectures on nail grooming. :(
  • Options

Let us have it!

Mine is I forgot to take my birth control pill 2 days in a row and started bleeding this morning... FI thinks there is something wrong with me and I'm too chicken shit to tell him the reason behind it. Mostly because he hates condoms and can't wait to be rid of them.

DH and I aren't using any condoms either after a few times of it... I'm EBF so I'm hoping that will suffice as birth control.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    poofwokpoofwok member
    edited October 2014
    @lizzie82088‌, im FF and i really cant take that chance. Im the one who insisted on him using condoms and so he would be disappointed if he knew we had to start the cycle all over again. I should really put an alarm to remind me. I was on top of it when taking my zantac and prenatal pills while pregnant but now i can never remember to take this one. Too much going on i guess...
  • Options

DS had a major pooplosion (or blowout) yesterday at day care.  They are still talking about it this morning.  I am sooooo glad that they had to deal with it and not me :)

Another confession - it has been more than a week since I gave DS a full bath.  Ooops.
    I give DS a bath once maybe twice a week... Most people here seem to do it much more often so I don't think that's so bad!
  • Options

@lizzie82088‌, im FF and i really cant take that chance. Im the one who insisted on him using condoms and so he would be disappointed if he knew we had to start the cycle all over again. I should really put an alarm to remind me. I was on top of it when taking my zantac and prenatal pills while pregnant but now i can never remember to take this one. Too much going on i guess...

Yikes... Good luck!! I don't think any of us want to be pregnant again this soon.
  • Options
    On the nail post. I've NEVER clipped or cut my LO nails and she's never scratched herself.....I'll pull of loose tops of nails. But that's it. And I don't plan to change this. Those clippers look like death!
  • Options

I have an alarm set and I STILL managed to miss 3 days in a row last week.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options

This is exactly why I have the Nexplanon(arm implant)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

On the nail post. I've NEVER clipped or cut my LO nails and she's never scratched herself.....I'll pull of loose tops of nails. But that's it. And I don't plan to change this. Those clippers look like death!

I actually use baby nail scissors with a blunt end... They are so much easier and I feel comfortable using them, however he is squirmy so I have to wait until he is sleeping or sleepy.
  • Options

I was waiting for this thread! I forgot to cut LO's nails for a week or so and he gave himself a huge scratch on his cheek during his evening nap yesterday. Seriously, it looks awful. I cleaned it and put Vaseline on and he doesn't seem at all bothered by it but I feel so bad! And we have a family Halloween party tonight so I'm hoping I don't get any lectures on nail grooming. :(

Along the same lines but worse.... I cut DD2's finger really bad when she was like 5 weeks old ( it bled for so long and I had to keep pressure put a band aid on) so I had ptsd and didn't want to try again. Her nails got so long and she ended up scratching both of her eyeballs! She was so fussy and inconsolable that her pedi thought to check her eyes at her 2 month app and sure enough, scratches. We had to put special drops in for a week. I've never felt like such a horrible mother!!

imageimage
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options

This is exactly why I have the Nexplanon(arm implant)
    Yeah. That's why I got Mirena after DS2. I hate being on the pill. I never remember to take it. So happy I'm not alone in this. But my tubal is in 18 days, so at least I have that to look forward to
  • Options
    Daisylola11Daisylola11 member
    edited October 2014

I think "Joe" from Blues Clues is hot.

I had to google and found this lol
    When he's not wearing all the make up he is kinda cute ;)image

Eta: joe is cute not the creeper up top
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I like the smell of LO's breath. I feel like a major creep.

LO had her 2month appt yesterday. I only teared up. I'm such a cold-hearted person. We then took LO to my mom's so we could do some grocery shopping and go out to eat. We got home at 6

MIL came over around 6:30ish and then held LO, obviously. Because she had gotten her shots, she was getting cranky, and that made me happy since she was in MIL's arms. Hehehehehe. I just wanted to hold my baby!!
  • Options
    When I travelled with breast milk I always kept a copy of the TSA rules printed off of their website about breastmilk. I was never given a hassle but it felt nice to have it there in print if I needed it.

imageimage
  • Options
    I just need to know if this is red head Justine thats been around forever because I'm confused with the picture change. Every year I say I'm gonna save up for black friday specials and I never do. Then when it happens and I see carts and carts of stuff people are getting deals on. I get jealous and pissed at myself for being a slacker. I bought some Cabi lounge pants at goodwill. They were new with the tag on them. Never heard of them before. I LOVE THEM!!! I have worn them three days in a row. I got them for four bucks but they are a little pricey on thier website but I may have to suck it up and buy some more. Seriously.So So comfy!

thats me :) just needed a change.
  • Options
  • Options
    DD pooped out of her diaper and got just a little on her onesie the other day. I didn't change her onesie all day.

DS went ToT at DH's work this morning. I told him he could have some candy after lunch just because I wanted some of his candy.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I pump at 1, 4, and 7 am and will often times not wash out the parts- I just keep a paper towel and wipe them down. I need my sleep!
  • Options
    My mom is watching LO tonight while dh and I have a date night. Some part of me hopes she's a little bad for her. I always feel like she judges what I do and how I do things with LO. She also ignores me when I tell her what LO likes and doesn't like and tries to do things her way. So it will be interesting to see how it goes.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
  • Options

I pump at 1, 4, and 7 am and will often times not wash out the parts- I just keep a paper towel and wipe them down. I need my sleep!

a friend told me to just toss them in the fridge, keeps the milk fresh without washing for middle of the night stuff

I did that the other day, and when DH got home, he told me I shouldn't put them in the fridge has bacteria in it and I (ME?!) don't keep it very clean. Just when I started to lay into him, he changed it to "we".
    So in order to not murder him where he stands, I just leave them on my night stand, lol. But it does make me not want to clean a damn thing just to piss him off :D
  • Options

DH and I aren't using any condoms either after a few times of it... I'm EBF so I'm hoping that will suffice as birth control.

FFS, please tell me you're joking...
    zoegirlTX said:

i haven't cut or filed LO's nails...I'm thankful she's not a scratcher.

I've got a week between her baths, but I"m trying to get better these days- ever 3 or 4 days.

I enjoy getting out the finger/toe lint.

I officially booked my work travel to Louisiana next week...I have no idea what I'm going to do about pumping! GAHH!!!  I'll be traveling with a 60+ YO male boss of mine.  Hoping we get back to the airport early enough to pump before our return fight...
    A lot of airports have a nursing room. Good luck!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Actually breastfeeding is about 98% effective for the first 6 months if you haven't had a period, and are completely EBF. I don't know why everyone has the idea that it is a completely ineffective form of BC.
    Source:https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility/
  • Options
    And my confession is: I am purposely comfort nursing and cuddling DS so that I don't have to answer the door.
  • Options
    Guise. I'm on birth control and still scared of getting pregnant again right now. I couldn't even imagine relying on BF to prevent.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Joy1192 said:

I plan to eat my kid's candy after she goes to sleep tonight.

FI took DS trick or treating tonight. He was stoked that all the candy is actually for him. So I plan on eating my share while FI's sleeping.... HA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"