July 2015 Moms

Terrified

Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself. I found out i was pregnant on Wednesday after TTC for about 6 months. My due date is 7/6. I have a son who will be turning 1 on 11/15.  I am absolutely terrified of having another baby, which is so odd, because we wanted this and tried for this. I am scared of the changes it will mean for my son. I'm scared of the financial changes for us (daycare is $$$$) and space issues (we live in an apartment in NYC, so we will have to figure out the kids room sharing/no space thing). It's a happy problem, but I'm scared none-the-less. Can anyone commiserate, so I don't feel alone. 

Re: Terrified

• I understand.  I get sad when I think about how it will no longer just be us and our son, he will no longer be the sole focus.  However I get excited at thinking about him being a big brother! 

As far as space, you will find a way to make it work.  My son still isn't sleeping in a crib, he much prefers his pack n play (bought a thicker mattress to go in it).  As I am sure you know by now, babies don't require much "stuff" or space.  As long as he/she is fed, cleaned, and loved :)

Both conceived using 7.5 mg Femara+Ovidrel+IUI

• We tried for this second baby, but sometimes I do think, "what have I done?". They will be 18 months apart. It is a huge change anytime you add a baby to the family. Even though we do have the space for them to have their own rooms, we will have them share. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"