February 2015 Moms
Options

UO

Does anyone have one? I promise to try to think of one today even if it is really lame.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options

CPW drove me crazy. In theory, it sounded like an okay idea. In practice, it made my eyes cross. I didn't post much yesterday because the board seemed full of them and I didn't think the topics were that interesting (sorry, lovelies).

Agreed.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    CPW drove me crazy. In theory, it sounded like an okay idea. In practice, it made my eyes cross. I didn't post much yesterday because the board seemed full of them and I didn't think the topics were that interesting (sorry, lovelies).
    I feel each one would have gotten more responses if they weren't all in the same day.
    Maybe, but some were redundant. There's only so much to say about wrist watches versus jewelry, or loving high school versus the cliques you were in. I see two threads there, not four.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    I don't like the Nightmare Before Christmas movie. I think it's creepy and it really bothers me when little kids say they like it and are dressed up or have stuff from the movie.
    Anniversary 

• Options
    I wouldn't want to be labeled as snarky. I'm not offended by realness on the Internet but I'm also not going to be the one to hurt an innocent, or even stupid, newb's feelings. I'd rather be called big boned or impatient or moody.
  • Options

kkleigh10 said:

I'm not against having a medicated birth. I guess some people will feel sorry for my children?

ETA: words confuse me...

And I don't like when people say they are "toughing it out" and a "real woman" by choosing an unmedicated birth (ahem, SIL). Just because I am probably choosing an epidural doesn't make me weak or am any less of a woman. The science and drugs are available, so I will use them.

My own mother shamed for this when she found out that I got the epidural. I sat for 6 hours having 8 - 12 contractions an hour for a minute+ at a time. Getting an epidural is not shameful. It took me almost a year to realize that God put intelligent people on this planet who could find a way to ease my pain at the most uncomfortable point in my life so it's perfectly fine to need it or not it and that choice is my judgement call.
  • Options

I hate when there's an abbreiviation (UO) and I don't really know what it is and I'm too lazy to go look it up and I'm not dumb enough to ask the question and get flamed by people...so I just need to read along until the little light bulb in my head goes off.

I hate it even more when I finally figure one out and then two days later I'm going through the same cycle for the same abbreviation.  (Thanks prego brain, you suck sometimes!)  :)

lol @lorifromwi is that your way of telling us you need help with Unpopular Opinion? Dont worry, Im snark and flame free today. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    All thus McDonald's talk made me stop to get fries and a flurry. Thank you!

My unpopular opinion of the day- Unions suck.
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jaztastic - you're fiesty, but I've seen your softer side...so I could take it!  Thanks for the sympathy explaination though!  (I still hadn't quite nailed it down!)

• Options

I don't like the Nightmare Before Christmas movie. I think it's creepy and it really bothers me when little kids say they like it and are dressed up or have stuff from the movie.

^^this.
  • Options

Ducktale said:

Is anyone else concerned for @jennjilljoite‌? Not liking oreos must me a sign that something is very very wrong with you.

I had been seriously hoping that was another one of her auto correct errors.
    Nope, I really don't like them. It's weird but I don't like the consistency of the cookie and the filling is an odd texture to me.
  • Options
    Ducktale said:

Ducktale said:

Is anyone else concerned for @jennjilljoite‌? Not liking oreos must me a sign that something is very very wrong with you.

Nope, I really don't like them. It's weird but I don't like the consistency of the cookie and the filling is an odd texture to me.
    But...oreos?
    I know. It's like I'm broken or something. I also don't eat any kind of fish or seafood and prefer vegetables over fruit.
  • Options

Maybe she meant she doesn't like Oregon. Although, I'm not sure Oregon would be good in milkshakes...
    If she didn't like Oregon that would be a VERY unpopular opinion in my book, worse than not liking oreos!
  • Options

Ducktale said:

Ducktale said:

But...oreos?
    I know. It's like I'm broken or something. I also don't eat any kind of fish or seafood and prefer vegetables over fruit.

So...no sushi? Not even fried catfish? I thought you were from Polk!

None. My IL's actually have huge fish based parties and wind up making a second protein for me because they feel bad when I only eat sides.

I am not very Polk to be from Polk County. ;)
  • Options

My UO:
    I love my dogs like my children, and let them around my son...but I get really bothered by people who let their dogs lick their newborns/baby's face.
    My dogs are awesome, but they lick their balls and butt....and there is just no way I would ever let them lick all over my babies...I don't care how cute the picture might be. (I saw a Buzzfeed link on FB today that said "the most adorable dog and baby photos you will ever see!" It was not adorable...it grossed me out!)

YES! I think it's so gross when people let their dogs lick them (not even to mention s baby). I love my dog, but I see where that tongue goes.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like McDonald's or Oreo's, unless I'm pregnant and then Oreo's belong in milkshakes.
    At least one other person here is with you -- I don't like Oreos either! I LOVE the filling, and frankly, would be happy to just eat that. But I'm just not big on chocolate-flavored cookies. If something is chocolate, I'd like it to just be creamy, melty chocolate. Or some other form, like chocolate pudding, cocoa, mochas, ice cream, etc.

Oh, I think I've hit on it: I don't like DRY chocolate. Any brownie that's not just basically fudge is not my thing either. 
    --- Jan Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives ---

• Options
    @foxslaw‌ -- did you see when Pitbull was a guest judge on dancing with the stars? Maybe it's a FFFC that I love that show, but a bunch of them did dances to his songs and he kept complimenting them on their song choice.

Baby #2 due 2/15/15!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb 15 January Siggy Challenge:  What you're looking forward to most after baby arrives:
    NO MORE HEARTBURN!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"