July 2013 Moms
Options

Where are my name nerds at??

@ramy3 @MRads @queenbone (and anyone else b/c I know I forgot people)

Our frontrunner for a boy's name is Thaddeus, but I just realized that Phillip and Thaddeus were both disciples.  Now I'm not sure about it.  I feel like IF we were to have three boys, the third would also have to have a disciple's name and I don't like any of the others enough.  Please tell me that I'm over thinking this.  

And for more fun, you can give me MN suggestions.  So far we like Thaddeus Orlando, Thaddeus Lorenzo (though I'm pretty sure Snooki ruined it for me; plus it's very similar to P's MN), and Thaddeus Malcolm.  I'm literally open to any suggestions.

Re: Where are my name nerds at??

• Options
    I want in on this faction! :D

All of what @ramy3 said. I think it's a fabulous name, and I don't think you would have to continue anything in case of a 3rd boy. But then, I also don't think if you have two kids with P names you are required to use a P name for the third - I'm just generally anti-theme. 

I'm not really loving any of the MN combos, but I think Orlando flows best. 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    @gutsymama‌ I honestly don't love any of the combos either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thaddeus is a great name. I went to catholic school for 13 years and I think he is a lesser known apostle...I didn't remember.
    I like Orlando. I'm eh.on Lorenzo.
    There is always Vincenzo :)

Bonus: 

• Options
    I wouldn't consider myself a name nerd, so you can just take this in stride. I love Thaddeus! I like a shorter MN though if the FN is more than 2 syllables. Or vice versa (long MN if FN is 1 syllable). So for Thaddeus, I can see myself going with John, James, Ben, Scott, or something like that.
  • Options
    I love love love thaddeus.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I don't think people will really notice a theme. 

I don't really feel like Malcolm fits with your other MN choices.

What about...

Sebastian
    Marco
    Gregory or Gregorio
    Thomas/Tomas

I love Thaddeus Sebastian. Prior to that suggestion I was going to say I think I'd prefer a simpler mn with the first name Thaddeus (like James or John or something)
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    Thaddeus was also on my shortlist. Thaddeus Venture. Bonus points if you know...
  • Options
    @LauraC122‌ Jax is a little popular for my taste. It does flow though.

@cuterusaurus‌ I don't know. Whomp whomp :(
  • Options
    Thaddeus Agustus
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I was thinking shorter MN, like Thaddeus James, but I kind if love Thaddeus Sebastian and Thaddeus Ezra. What are your girl name thoughts? Still Gemma?

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    Oh, I really like Thaddeus! I would use it for now and then if you have a third son, cross that bridge of fretting about a subtle sibset theme then. You could pick any other bible or saint name and still fit an expanded them beyond apostles. Plus, if you have a daughter you would have to expand upon the theme anyway. (Although I personally count St. Mary Magdalene as one of the apostles.  ;) )

I love Lorenzo, Snookie be damned. Thaddeus Lorenzo is awesome.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    As a side note, I have such love for Bartholomew, but can't us it since there is already a famous Bartholomew (Simpson) from Portland. I would lobby hard for Bartholomew for your 3rd son. 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"