Parenting

Tech Issues

BumpMayBumpMay admin
edited October 2014 in Parenting
Hello Parenting,

I got a few tags from you this AM about the various tech issues you are encountering (thank you for letting me know!) 

I am working to resolve this from tech, but they need more info from us to solve all of these problems quickly.

If you can, can you please include the following on this thread:

-Screenshot of error
-How you are accessing TB (mobile, web --if web, what browser)
-What page you are on when the errors displayed

Sorry, I know it's super annoying to have to include all of these details. I have tried to replicate some of these issues but haven't had any luck, so tech requested this info to try and figure out what's going on.

I will be checking this intermittently and passing on all of the info to tech. Let me know if you have any questions.

-BumpMay

ETA: I'm going to 'love tit' your post to let you know I've seen it and am passing along. I will be responding to any posts I have a question on.

Re: Tech Issues

• Samsies. It wouldn't let me post a few minutes ago but I couldn't see the error message because mobile is dumb.
  • iPhone app - when I try to open threads, it freezes. When I try to switch boards, I get a sad face with an error message. When I try to love tit, error message. When I try to post, error message.

*stuck in quote box

That is so frustrating! I'm sorry you're getting the worst case of this. Which boards are you switching between that the error message is happening?
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no screen shots because shit just isn't happening, so there is nothing to screen shot.  

In the thread that I started, none of the formatting stuff appeared in the text box.  It's also not letting me edit my posts or love tit anything.

Also, as an aside, if we could have the ability to delete pictures that we post restored that would be great.  

*stuck in quote box

I'm working on getting that fixed with them. I know it's gone on way too long already, and have been following up nonstop. Hoping it's solved by tomorrow, or next week at the latest.
  • Google Chrome, on a Chrome Book. This happens (sometimes, but frequently) when trying to love tit something.  

2 Beautiful Boys 11.7.03 & 4.23.13
  • In Firefox, clicked on our UO thread here on Parenting.
    Yes that's the one I mostly get!

Same - also using the iPhone app.  And sometimes when I click to parenting from the app community screen I just get a blank page
    Has this been an ongoing issue, or something that you just started noticing today or yesterday?
  • FTWR said:
    For me, it's just been happening since yesterday. It's intermittent, like it happens frequently but not all of the time. I also just got the "whoops...javascript error" when I tried to love tit something.
    Ok. Just wanted to check. Thanks!
  • While we're airing grievances, can we put an end to the video ads with sound? I swear that Joni Ernst is going to make me lose my mind.
    I've passed that input on to our sales team many times, so it's sort of out of my hands :-/ but I will send this off to them again. 
  • Thanks everyone! This has all been super helpful. I've compiled everything and am meeting with the tech team in 20 minutes to go over the problems. They will be trying to solve this all, so I will come back to update you when they share updates with me.
  • Thanks for letting me know @tricia560.

I actually just heard from our tech team and they are doing a push no later than 12pm EST. I'll be around to test and make sure they don't break TB or anything.
  • mcbenny said:

Can you ask them about being able to go back and delete pictures? Why is that gone?

@BumpMay

That's something that will *hopefully* be fixed in this push. We addressed the javascript errors and server crashing problem, and it may be related. If not, that is something I will chase them down about first thing Monday, you have my word.
  • **Update

The push is now complete. I am going to be clearing my history and running some tests in here. Please let me know if you are still experiencing errors. 

Our tech team is going to ask if you tried reloading, so if you see something weird please try reloading once to see if it solves the issue.

Thank you!
  • **Update

Tech has instructed that if you still see errors, to try reloading. If that doesn't work, clear your cache (annoying annoying I know. Just had to re-log into everything. Sorry!)

LMK if you are still experiencing errors. I'm crossing my fingers!
  • BumpMay said:
    mcbenny said:

Can you ask them about being able to go back and delete pictures? Why is that gone?

@BumpMay

That's something that will *hopefully* be fixed in this push. We addressed the javascript errors and server crashing problem, and it may be related. If not, that is something I will chase them down about first thing Monday, you have my word.
    Has this fixed for you?
  • BumpMay said:
    mcbenny said:

@BumpMay

Has this fixed for you?
    @BumpMay‌ still can't delete attached pics.
    Ok thanks. This may be something we have to wait until Monday for, but I'll see what I can do!
  • I'm almost always mobile (iPhone) and use safari. Over the past couple of weeks. I've been randomly logged out and when I log back in, I can't stay logged in when I navigate back to the boards. If I have to log-in 3+ times, I just give up.

I have the app and am using it now, but I don't love using the app. Old habits for hard, I just prefer using the internet. And it set my home board to my BMB, which is no longer active.

• Oh and when I click the "back" button on F14 I get transported back to October 7th
    This happens to me every time too, but on O13. (Mobile iphone app) Also, the bump only works correctly on internet explorer on my laptop. Chrome and Firefox don't work. I log in, and it doesn't show any of the threads as being read and I can't comment.
    Hmm...that's super weird. I suggest deleting your cache and reloading. If that doesnt' work, let me know!
  • I'm getting a lot of "Something's gone wrong" messages again this morning.  It might just be me though.
    Have you tried reloading and clearing your cache again?
  • @triplea598 and @gotgingy on web or mobile? Let me know if you've cleared your cache. If yes, I'll let our tech team know.
  • Hi guys,

I just heard back from tech. They said that clearing your cache on your mobile phone should solve this. Sorry for the inconvenience, but they said it should do the trick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"