February 2014 Moms
Options

Fast Food

You ladies are always mentioning these places that we don't have in Canada. So while I'm on the road, what should I be eating?

I'm sure I'll forget a few, but locally we have:
A&W
Wendy's
KFC
Subway
Tim Hortons
Burger King
This new place you may have heard of, McDonalds
New York Fries

You will notice that's no Chipotle, Panerra, Dunkin, all those places everyone else mentions
F14 Siggy Challenge

Re: Fast Food

• Options
    Which wich!
  • Options
    @mummypig‌ yes In n Out! And you haaaaaaave to get the deliciousness of a shake. @LaurLaurLaur‌ oooooh Popeyes. Yes! Hmm now I want some Popeyes. There's also The habit Rubios (fish tacos! But I'm sure you can get a better fish taco in San Diego)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In n out for sure!
  • Options
    Togo's (CA chain) has the best sandwhiches. Or Mr. Pickles is also really good.

I have gotten food poisoning from a veggie subway sub.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @bookshelves they have Potbelly in the DC area.
  • Options
    We have Potbelly in SW Ohio.
    imageimage

• Options

Wow, lots of these I've never heard of! (or at least, have never been to)

I suggest Sonic, if you see one of them. Jimmy John's is a favorite of ours, too. We also like Quiznos on occasion. Qdoba....

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    I second Popeye' s! So much better than KFC! Sonic is great too. If you happen to stop in a mall, hot dog on a stick has the best frozen lemonade ever!
  • Options

Sonic has the best drink, evar. Fountain drinks, slushes, shakes, you name it. Between 2-4 they do half price drinks and slushes.

Their food can be hit or miss depending on location. For a while every burger they served looked like someone sat on it. It didn't taste bad, just very flat.

You must get as many slushes as possible. And Cherry Limeade.

Second all of this. Plus Peanut Butter Fudge Shake. Also, some Sonics have "Chedd'r Bites" which are delicious. (ours don't... we have Pickle-O's instead... ick).

Wait, nobody has mentioned Culver's! (Although I'm not sure you'll see any of those-they are more of a Midwest thing, originating in WI... We just got one where I am in MO in the last few years).

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Options
    mummypig said:

In N Out ! (actually maybe this should be our beach picnic lunch in SD)

EtA: and be sure to order it "animal style" (as pictured)

Totally get In N Out! So delicious and better than Five Guys. I pass on the animal style though, the original Double Double (go big or go home) is the best!

Togo's is also good like Flyingtoast mentioned but I don't think it's worth a special trip.

This isn't fast food but I'd hit up Cheesecake Factory if they don't have those in Canada.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Oh and I think Sonic's food blows. Their drinks and desserts are good though.

• Options
    Eat all the Tim Hortons you can before you leave Canada. I don't think they have them on the west coast.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    FFTC: I had In n Out once when I went to California... wasn't impressed. :-??
    Broken! @Penguin173 You are broken!

• Options
    I'm heading to in and out right now thanks to this thread!!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    sjelwood said:

I request daily new restaurant reviews in the Randoms thread.

This is an excellent idea. Or make a new thread, whatevs!

• Options

No Potbellies here and what the heck is Jimmy John's?

• Options

Jimmy John's is a gourmet sandwich shop. I hate to compare it to subway, because it really doesn't... but same concept, whole other scale.

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Options
    Dairy Queen has the best french fries but I don't know if all of them serve food everywhere.  I think Hardee's has the best breakfast.  
  • Options
    courtls22 said:
    Dairy Queen has the best french fries but I don't know if all of them serve food everywhere.  I think Hardee's has the best breakfast.  
    Yes, if they have the chicken strip basket you can dip your fries in the gravy.
    imageimage

• Options
    Checkers has amazing fries and banana milkshakes.

Jack in the Box - get the Sourdough Jack.

Whatever you do, never eat at Zaxby's.
  • Options
    Dairy Queen cookie dough blizzard mmmmm. Totally on my long long list of things to gorge on once I wean.

• Options
    @iwubrory I've recently discovered the Double Fudge Cookie Dough Blizzard...it's even better than the regular.
    imageimage

• Options
    If you go to noodles, get the Mac and Cheese. Sonic = drinks Potbelly < Jimmy Johns Waffle House is the perfect spot if you are hungover and hungry for breakfast
    Waffle House!
    imageimage

• Options

Wait, nobody has mentioned Culver's! (Although I'm not sure you'll see any of those-they are more of a Midwest thing, originating in WI... We just got one where I am in MO in the last few years).

Mmm, Culver's. I just looked and there probably isn't going to be one along the way. None on the west coast at all. https://www.culvers.com/locator/view-all-locations/
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    dadalou said:

Mmm, Culver's. I just looked and there probably isn't going to be one along the way. None on the west coast at all. https://www.culvers.com/locator/view-all-locations/

I have 2 with in a 6 mile radius :) since the DQ closes this is out Sunday night custard stop! Soooo yummy :) and does Canada really not have a McDonald???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"