May 2015 Moms
Options

Ebola

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Ebola

• Options
    I totally agree, her attitude is unbelievable!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
  • Options
    Wasn't she the poor girl initially kept in a tent outside the hospital with a portapotty?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    MorenajulietMorenajuliet member
    edited October 2014
    I thought she was in South Africa?

Nevermind- West it was
                January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
    image     image
  • Options
    Also, mainstream media is ridiculous and I think there is way more to consider than what they are presenting as 'obvious' to us. 
                January Siggy Challenge

image     image
  • Options
    Ok well that was ridiculous. I think asking them to stay home for 21 days and report temps twice a day is more then enough. Hospital quarantine is ridiculous, and I hope she wins her lawsuit against the city
  • Options
    MorenajulietMorenajuliet member
    edited October 2014
    twaffle5 said:
    twaffle5 said:
    twaffle5 said:
    and I fail at embedding a video... sorry 

https://youtu.be/lAz-F1QnyCk
    Ok, that was funny!

January Siggy Challenge

image     image
  • Options
    I completely agree! You want to fight the disease in another country but you don't care if you come home and infect others here.
  • Options
    I just find it funny that at the height of the scare people were saying "why aren't these people quarantined!?!" and now everyone's saying "why are these people being treated so poorly!"

But I agree the forced hospital quarantine is ridiculous.  I just didn't like that health care workers weren't monitored more closely and would hope that they wouldn't do things like fly with a fever or go bowling until the 21 days were over.  

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    I'm not completely convinced what my opinion is on this but I'm curious whether opinions would change if she wasn't a medical professional?  No one was this upset when the family of the patient who died was quarantined.  Is the frustration because she's a nurse so she knows the correct protocol?  Or do we just think that forced quarantine is wrong for anyone?  FWIW, I think quarantine in the home, not necessarily a hospital (until showing symptoms) should be sufficient.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I personally think Kaci is trying to be in the "spotlight" by showing her ass.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    The hardest thing with Ebola is the symptoms are pretty much the same as most viruses that are in the fall.

Extra vigilant now I'm pregnant but I work in an ER with every contagion imaginable, but I very very rarely get sick from the ER... Most my illnesses are brought home by my second grader lol.
  • Options
    As a healthcare worker myself, I find it very irresponsible for her to not follow the in-home quarantine. She knew the risks going in. She should have the respect for herself and her community to do the right thing.
  • Options

My unpopular opinion: Ebola doesn't scare me in the slightest. I felt the same about H1N1 and the Y2K freak out.
    Just live your life as you always have.

This sums up the last few years end of the world scenarios...

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"