TTC After a Loss

*~September Sapphires Check-In~* (Oct. 29)

This is an open check-in for those with a loss of a LO and/or EDD in September of any year.

~NEW MEMBERS~ If you are new with a recent loss, welcome and (((hugs))). I’m so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here but I hope you’ll find that this is an amazing place to give & receive love and support. Please introduce yourself and be sure to include your loss/EDD to be added to the list.

~CURRENT MEMBERS~ Happy Wednesday ladies! (((hugs))) to all who need them!

~RECENT GRADUATESIf you have gotten your BFP and have graduated, congratulations and have a H&H 9 months! Please PM me the great news as it is sometimes very difficult for me to check PgAL. If you get your BFP after the check-in is posted, then I will add it to next week’s check-in.

Members:        

anglndsguse44         9/03/2014

zapgurl44                   9/04/2014

QuigleyCat1               9/07/2012

megrae12                  loss 9/09/13

MyFirstRaspberry     9/09/2013

natsfans84                9/10/2013

CallaLily30                 9/18/2013

jenn0021                    9/25/2011

Flowerstar1023         9/26/2014

Graceanne927          9/27/2014

MelissaL124              9/27/2014

ashlee113085           9/28/2014

eliida                         9/29/2014

LauraO11                   9/2014

If you don’t see your name below, it just means that we missed you last week. No worries, just give us an update.

@CallaLily30  - Do I see in your siggy that you have 16 normal/healthy penguins? That is exciting! How are you feeling?

@eliida –  How are you doing this week? What’s new?

@LauraO11 -  Did you have the surgical consult today?

@ashlee113085 - I see that AF showed up for you. ((hugs))  Did you get a call from your doctor this week?  Any plan set regarding the thin lining?

@megrae12 – How is your mom doing?  How are you doing with the later part of the 2ww?

UPDATE: Update us on appointments, cycle days, struggles, successes, non-TTCAL news and everything else in between.
QOTW:  What is your favorite Halloween candy to give out and why?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
    HSG = All Clear
BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

Re: *~September Sapphires Check-In~* (Oct. 29)

• edited October 2014
    Hello Ladies! I hope all of you are doing well. I realized that last week I didn't update you on me. 

I am in the second half of the 2ww after my second IUI. Taking twice a day progesterone supps. I am not feeling as antsy to test this time around. Nor am I feeling all the hopeful either. Who knows. Also, work has been insanely busy for me. 

I am headed to a wedding out of town this weekend so I am distracted for preparing for the road trip. I have no idea what I am going to wear either. Planning on some last min shopping on Friday. 

QOTW:  I love to give out mini chocolate candy bars. I have a bad habit of snacking on them up until Halloween. So they are sort of for me too. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• Hi Sapphires!  I hope all is well!

@MyFirstRaspberry - I hope you have a blast at the wedding and hopefully we hear some good news from you next week!  Fx for you!

UPDATE:  I do have 16 normals from this last cycle (plus 2 from previous cycles)!  So no more egg retrievals for us!  I'm hoping my RE's can figure out a way to make on of those embryos stick!  I'm feeling much, much better from the OHSS but my RE wants us to take a cycle off prior to our FET anyways.  If AF shows up prior to 30 November, we will do a FET in DEC.  If not, we will have to wait for January.

Plans are underway for out temporary relocation to Arlington, VA.  I think I found an apartment that will work for us and our puppy for the short term.  Now I just have to make an arrangement with an RE in the area for local monitoring!  I'm excited but also very nervous!

QOTW:  Mini Three Musketeers (but mostly because DH and I love to eat the extras!)

BFP #1: 1/4/13, EDD 9/8/13, Missed M/C confirmed 2/8/13, Misoprostol

2013: Three CPs w/ EDDs: EDD 2/10/14, EDD 3/24/14, EDD 6/24/14

IVF/ICSI #1 (Antagonist) - Jan 2014- 19R, 14M, 11F, 3 penguins (6BB, 4BB, 6BC)  PGD tested- All Normal!

IVF/ICSI #2 (Antagonist) - Feb 2014 - 23R, 11M, 10F, 1 penguin (3BB) - Another Normal!

FET #1 - March 26, BFN

FET #2- Beta #1 (9dp5dt) -332, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) -1027, EDD 1/30/2015, Missed M/C, D&C 6/19/14

IVF/ICSI #3 (Lupron Down Reg) - Oct 2014 - 38R, 28M, 27F, 20 frozen on day 5, 16 normal penguins!!

FET#3 - February 1, 2015, Prep begins 1/13

All Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies! Thanks for the check in, Ras. I hope you get some good news this cycle. Are you doing betas?

@CallaLily30 Yay on no more egg retrieval!! I know that has to be a relief. FX you can get everything in order for your temporary relocation. 

AFM: Mom is doing well. She got out of the hospital on Saturday. She will be on IV antibiotics at least until December, which she is not happy about. She hates being in the nursing home (rehab side) but it's the best thing for her now. I want to see if maybe we can spring her out for part of a day or something for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

The 2ww is kinda crazy. My chart looks the best it's ever been since starting meds, so of course that has me hopeful. Bleh. I am trying to not be to hopeful so it wont hurt as bad if it's a BFN. I have betas Monday. I may test before then. I dunno. On a completely unrelated, yet super happy note, MIL is LEAVING!!! She is going to stay with her sister while she does radiation!! I am so happy about this b/c we cannot provide her care like she needs it. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• @MyFirstRaspberry I hope you have a great time at the wedding!! FX for you!!

@CallaLily30 that's so exciting that you found an apartment that will work for you! And such great news about the 16!! 

AFM, well AF showed up 2 days early, which I guess works out because we were going to be out of town with my MIL during my fertile window and it was going to be really difficult to try to find time to dtd on the trip, but now, hopefully if my cycle stays relatively normal, we should be good. I didn't hear back from my doctor since she went on vacation this week, but another doctor in the practice called me to go over what she saw on the ultrasound. She said that everything looked healthy....even the lining. When I brought up that I had a d&e almost 6 months ago and that I have been having really intense O pains that I hadn't really had before that she just seemed to shrug it off. I called later in the day and talked to a nurse in the practice and asked that she just make sure my doctor looks at the u/s and calls me when she can since she knows my history and knows my concerns. So so far I'm just continuing my normal routine and hoping for a different outcome with the lining, but I doubt my doctor will want to do another u/s to check on it so I'll just be hoping it all works out. I will gladly take any suggestions for naturally thickening the lining if anyone has them! Right now I started taking Evening Primrose Oil because I read that it may increase estrogen to help with pain around O and potentially thicken the lining. I also have been doing fertility yoga. Either way, after the holidays my doctor said she wants to do some tests if i'm not pg by that time. 

Work is driving me crazy. I am going to start looking for other jobs. We are so short staffed and the answer I get from the VP is that we just need to make due with what we have due to budget constraints. Oh well, it's paying the bills.  

QOTW: I love the Reese's pumpkins and the snickers bars. I like to give those out so that I have extras to snack on. :)
  • edited October 2014

Hi Sapphires!  I hope all is well!

@MyFirstRaspberry - I hope you have a blast at the wedding and hopefully we hear some good news from you next week!  Fx for you!

UPDATE:  I do have 16 normals from this last cycle (plus 2 from previous cycles)!  So no more egg retrievals for us!  I'm hoping my RE's can figure out a way to make on of those embryos stick!  I'm feeling much, much better from the OHSS but my RE wants us to take a cycle off prior to our FET anyways.  If AF shows up prior to 30 November, we will do a FET in DEC.  If not, we will have to wait for January.

Plans are underway for out temporary relocation to Arlington, VA.  I think I found an apartment that will work for us and our puppy for the short term.  Now I just have to make an arrangement with an RE in the area for local monitoring!  I'm excited but also very nervous!

QOTW:  Mini Three Musketeers (but mostly because DH and I love to eat the extras!)

@CallaLily30 Ok, so everything you said is good news. I'm so happy you have so many healthy penguins.

However, I am stuck on the fact that you are moving (even if temporarily) to Arlington VA. You do plan to let me know when you have a free day to meet, right? Like seriously! We just have to get together!!! I'm so excited.

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• edited October 2014
    megrae12 said:
    Hi ladies! Thanks for the check in, Ras. I hope you get some good news this cycle. Are you doing betas?

@CallaLily30 Yay on no more egg retrieval!! I know that has to be a relief. FX you can get everything in order for your temporary relocation. 

AFM: Mom is doing well. She got out of the hospital on Saturday. She will be on IV antibiotics at least until December, which she is not happy about. She hates being in the nursing home (rehab side) but it's the best thing for her now. I want to see if maybe we can spring her out for part of a day or something for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

The 2ww is kinda crazy. My chart looks the best it's ever been since starting meds, so of course that has me hopeful. Bleh. I am trying to not be to hopeful so it wont hurt as bad if it's a BFN. I have betas Monday. I may test before then. I dunno. On a completely unrelated, yet super happy note, MIL is LEAVING!!! She is going to stay with her sister while she does radiation!! I am so happy about this b/c we cannot provide her care like she needs it. 
    @megrae12 I am glad your mom's health is improving and she is recovering. I can imagine that rehab may not be her favorite option, but may be an easier option for you... and safer all around. I hope she is able to find some comfort while at rehab.

YaY! I am glad your MIL is moving to a new location. I hope her sister can provide the level of care she needs. I know caring for your MIL has taken a big toll on you.

FX for you this cycle! Lets hope your chart continues to look great!

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• @MyFirstRaspberry I hope you have a great time at the wedding!! FX for you!!

@CallaLily30 that's so exciting that you found an apartment that will work for you! And such great news about the 16!! 

AFM, well AF showed up 2 days early, which I guess works out because we were going to be out of town with my MIL during my fertile window and it was going to be really difficult to try to find time to dtd on the trip, but now, hopefully if my cycle stays relatively normal, we should be good. I didn't hear back from my doctor since she went on vacation this week, but another doctor in the practice called me to go over what she saw on the ultrasound. She said that everything looked healthy....even the lining. When I brought up that I had a d&e almost 6 months ago and that I have been having really intense O pains that I hadn't really had before that she just seemed to shrug it off. I called later in the day and talked to a nurse in the practice and asked that she just make sure my doctor looks at the u/s and calls me when she can since she knows my history and knows my concerns. So so far I'm just continuing my normal routine and hoping for a different outcome with the lining, but I doubt my doctor will want to do another u/s to check on it so I'll just be hoping it all works out. I will gladly take any suggestions for naturally thickening the lining if anyone has them! Right now I started taking Evening Primrose Oil because I read that it may increase estrogen to help with pain around O and potentially thicken the lining. I also have been doing fertility yoga. Either way, after the holidays my doctor said she wants to do some tests if i'm not pg by that time. 

Work is driving me crazy. I am going to start looking for other jobs. We are so short staffed and the answer I get from the VP is that we just need to make due with what we have due to budget constraints. Oh well, it's paying the bills.  

QOTW: I love the Reese's pumpkins and the snickers bars. I like to give those out so that I have extras to snack on. :)
    @ashlee113085 Interesting that the other doctor indicated that your lining was ok, when you were given conflicting information when you were at the appt. I agree with you, I would want to speak with my normal doctor as well.

I have actually tried a couple of things to help with ute lining thickness. Pomegranate juice every day until at least ovulation (I think). You can find information on Pomegranate juice and fertility with some google searching. Also, acupuncture. Both pomegranate juice and acupuncture can help improve the blood flow to your ute and would result in better lining quality. All this said... I am not a doctor so please do what you and your doctor are comfortable with.

yummm... Reese's are so good!

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• @megrae12 yay that your MIL is leaving! That's good! I am sorry to hear that your mom has to be on IV antibiotics for so long, I will continue to send along positive vibes for her! FX for you this month!!
  • Thanks for the check in @MyFirstRaspberry‌ . I'm happy to report that the OB I saw in surgical consult has agreed to work with me, and has been phenomenal thus far. My fibroid removal is planned for December 16, and he is supportive of the fact I want it done vaginally. But due to the complexity of the fibroid, he is also going to do two incisions in my abdomen for another surgeon to monitor it from the outside, as he said his margin for error (in cutting through the uterus by accident) is only 3mm due to the position/depth the fibroid is embedded. While I'm nervous, it is such a relief to finally have a plan in place. Only six weeks and 4 days to go

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• eliidaeliida member
    edited October 2014
    Hi Sapphires. Thanks for the check-in, @MyFirstRaspberry Hope you're having a great time at the wedding. FX for your TWW. Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit more even-keeled this cycle.

@LauraO11 Hooray for a plan! It sounds like you feel very confident with this doctor--that's so important. FX these 6 weeks fly.

@CallaLily30 Congrats on your ER AND finding a place in VA. What a relief! So glad that you're starting to feel better, too.

@megrae12 I'm happy to hear that your mom's health is improving and that your MIL is moving over to her sister's--that sounds like a better situation for everyone. I hope you celebrate by walking around the house naked. FX for your TWW.

@ashlee113085 I'm sorry work is so stressful. Everyone suffers when a staff is stretched thin. FX timing this cycle comes together the way you want.

AFM, I really don't have anything to report. I'm technically in the TWW, but I think our timing was off thus making this cycle a bust. (Among other complications, we were dog-sitting and I felt weird having sex in my baby brother's bed. Mature, I know.) I'm in kind of a rut right now. Hopefully my appointment with the new doctor will help turn things around. T-13 days.

ETA: QOTW: Halloween candy is a point of contention between me and MH. We live in an apartment in the city and have NEVER gotten any trick-or-treaters. I usually buy one or two small candy bars just in case. MH, however, insists on buying BAGS of chocolate. This wouldn't be an issue, except I have minimal self-control in this department and wind up eating WAY too much of it myself. :)

• LauraO11 said:
    Thanks for the check in @MyFirstRaspberry‌ . I'm happy to report that the OB I saw in surgical consult has agreed to work with me, and has been phenomenal thus far. My fibroid removal is planned for December 16, and he is supportive of the fact I want it done vaginally. But due to the complexity of the fibroid, he is also going to do two incisions in my abdomen for another surgeon to monitor it from the outside, as he said his margin for error (in cutting through the uterus by accident) is only 3mm due to the position/depth the fibroid is embedded. While I'm nervous, it is such a relief to finally have a plan in place. Only six weeks and 4 days to go
    @LauraO11

Yay! I am so glad your found a doctor willing to do the fibroid surgery. I can understand how scary the surgery would be but I am hoping it will give you peace of mind when it is over. Did the doctor's give you a timeline on how long recovery would take?

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• eliida said:
    Hi Sapphires. Thanks for the check-in, @MyFirstRaspberry Hope you're having a great time at the wedding. FX for your TWW. Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit more even-keeled this cycle.

AFM, I really don't have anything to report. I'm technically in the TWW, but I think our timing was off thus making this cycle a bust. (Among other complications, we were dog-sitting and I felt weird having sex in my baby brother's bed. Mature, I know.) I'm in kind of a rut right now. Hopefully my appointment with the new doctor will help turn things around. T-13 days.

ETA: QOTW: Halloween candy is a point of contention between me and MH. We live in an apartment in the city and have NEVER gotten any trick-or-treaters. I usually buy one or two small candy bars just in case. MH, however, insists on buying BAGS of chocolate. This wouldn't be an issue, except I have minimal self-control in this department and wind up eating WAY too much of it myself. :)

@eliida

I know what you mean about DTD in family oriented areas. When I have family in town, I am never up for DTD with family in the house. Just under 2 weeks before your doctor appt. Something to look forward to. That's a bummer that you don't get any trick-or-treat'ers. Maybe freeze some of the left over candy so you don't eat all of it at one time. I should do the same.

TTC #1 since June 2012
        HSG = All Clear

image image 

• @MyFirstRaspberry‌ , it's an outpatient procedure and he recommended I take the week from work. As long as he doesn't need to cut into the uterus recovery should be pretty quick.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"