Pregnant after a Loss

PgAL brain just kicked in

So far I've been good about being optimistic about this pregnancy and not letting my mind wander to those dark places.  But apparently my unconscious mind is not so kind.  I had a miscarriage dream last night.  It was absolutely terrifying.  
I think it might have been triggered because I am currently dealing with a cold or sinuses - really sore throat and headache nonstop.  Yesterday I kept trying to figure out what I could do to feel better, but it seems like all the meds are off limits.  :( 

Anyone dealing with something similar?

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
Married 8-10-13
TTC since February 2014
BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
6-6-14 natural m/c completed
10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: PgAL brain just kicked in

• PGAL brain super sucks. It's going to be there no matter what because that past experience was real and it will never leave us. The best you can do is try to stay positive, think of all of the positives like the fact you bounced back and got pregnant again! find activities that keep you distracted and do the best to take care of yourself and your baby. That's all we can do right? The rest is completely out of our hands.

As for your symptoms, you can take Claritin, Benadryl, cough drops to soothe your throat, Vicks vapor rub, etc. Up your water intake too. Take care of yourself girl!

Married 12/18/2010   BFP#1 4/1/14   MC 5/6/14   D&C 5/13/14  BFP#2 10/5/14

BabyFetus Ticker 

• RNMoMmy17 said:

PGAL brain super sucks. It's going to be there no matter what because that past experience was real and it will never leave us. The best you can do is try to stay positive, think of all of the positives like the fact you bounced back and got pregnant again! find activities that keep you distracted and do the best to take care of yourself and your baby. That's all we can do right? The rest is completely out of our hands.

As for your symptoms, you can take Claritin, Benadryl, cough drops to soothe your throat, Vicks vapor rub, etc. Up your water intake too. Take care of yourself girl!

Well said.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @RNMoMmy17 I am being super paranoid about any medication.  I know it's not related, but the night I started bleeding with my m/c I had taken Tylenol for the first time.  Even though I KNOW Tylenol was safe to take, I think my brain just can't get over that association.  Thanks for the reassurance!

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• kreardon11kreardon11 member
    edited October 2014
    Pgal brain is the worst, but you gotta take care of yourself. Healthy mama = healthy baby. 

I had a horrific cold for 2 weeks + and not ALL drugs are off limits. I took robitussin (wasn't wild about that, but I had too - couldn't breathe at night and I bruised two ribs coughing), claritin, vicks vapor rub, had a humidifier by my bed (you must wash this!!!) and one on my desk at work. If you have a fever use tylonal ASAP and call your doc if it keeps rising. 

Most of all hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And watch trashy TV, like Real Housewives of New Jersey!

Also - with your dreams, while your dream was TERRIBLE, vivid dreams are a sign of high hormones. Silver lining? 
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• Hang in there lady. PGAL brain sucks!!! Hope you get to feeling better.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I hear you. I have been trying to be optimistic as well. But have been crying of and on all day today just knowing/feeling it will happen again. It's so scary
  • @hmr110913 I have been having so many irrational fears.  On the way to my first blood draw, I was wearing jeans that are tight esp when I sit.  My OBs office is an hour away from my house - so I unbuttoned my pants for the ride over so I would squish the baby...talk about irrational.  

I was pretty bad with our first pg not wanting to do anything "wrong" but this time it's way worse and I'm super paranoid about everything!

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• hmr110913 said:
    @hmr110913 I have been having so many irrational fears.  On the way to my first blood draw, I was wearing jeans that are tight esp when I sit.  My OBs office is an hour away from my house - so I unbuttoned my pants for the ride over so I would squish the baby...talk about irrational.  

I was pretty bad with our first pg not wanting to do anything "wrong" but this time it's way worse and I'm super paranoid about everything!
    I'm the same way! So we're in this together. :) I have a pair of my "skinny" day jeans that I had on the other day that was digging into my gut when I sat, so I had to unbutton them bc I didn't want to cut off any circulation. PGAL brain really stinks. Hang in there!! 
    It feels good to not be the only one!!  I feel like the days are super long now!!! The idea of being a few weeks away from our first milestone feels like I'm having to wait months! 

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• Sending you big ((( hugs ))) one, because PGAL brain *sucks* and two, because I really hope you feel better very soon. ((( hugs )))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrsjg2013mrsjg2013 member
    edited October 2014
    Just wanted to offer ((HUGS))!!  And maybe this really scary ghost will scare your PGAL thoughts away?! ;)

• I also had my first miscarriage dream last night. It was very vivid. Needless to say there was no sleep after that. I was doing pretty good with anxiety until then also. Just taking it a day at a time so today has been a little harder with no sleep and a wandering mind. Here's to hoping no more bad dreams for anyone!
  • ::hugs:: i have had some nightmares too. No fun. As for your cold, hot chocolate, breathe in some steam (sit in bathroom with hot shower running) put rice in a sock and heat in mircrowave and put on your sinuses). I was told benedryl is safe to take and tylenol for any pain. Oh and for sore throat mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and honey. Or hard candy helps coat your throat.
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• I had one last night too prompted by spotting yesterday :(  It just plain sucks.
  • @hmr110913  You're almost on the exact same timeline as me.  I'm 4w2d our last m/c happened at 10w and I started spotting a few days before our 8w appt.  At that time the hb was seen and baby was measuring 2 weeks behind.  FX for both of us that these next few weeks go by fast and that they are super uneventful!

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• @mrsjg2013 haha that ghost made my day!!! 

@Bobbie1227 Sorry you had a similar dream :( ((Hugs)) to you.  Hopefully that will be the end of the dreams

@BackstreetPixie Thanks for the advice!!  So far I've taken a Tylenol to help with the headache and got an immune booster smoothie with an added probiotic, multivitamin, and antioxidant.   Feeling a little better - I'm finally getting SOME relief!

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• @hmr110913 I had one beta draw yesterday and I go tomorrow for another.  For now they have me scheduled for an 8 week u/s  We'll see what the numbers tell us tomorrow and I'll know more then!

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• Not much advise just wanted to offer support! Hugs that you can calm your mind and that you feel better soon.
  • It's hard. I found the first 3 weeks of my pregnancy the worst for m/c fears. It's better now. Just breathe, and take one day at a time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Lots of hugs for you. I've had several miscarriage dreams as well. As my pregnancy progresses the miscarriages in my dreams get worse and more vivid. RNMommy said it perfectly -- those memories are a part of us now. All we can do is try to overpower them with positive thoughts and happy visions. Before bed, I try to envision a long and healthy pregnancy and a healthy rainbow baby. I think it helps! Nightmares are so scary. I hope yours are replaced with happy dreams soon.
    imageimage
    Me: 29 DH:30 married 6/5/10
    DS: 10/12/12 via ECS (blood clot in umbilical cord)
    BFP 1/25/14 mc at 6 1/2 weeks  EDD: 10/4/14
    BFP 4/10/14 mc at 4 1/2 weeks  EDD: 12/15/14
    BFP 5/14/14 mc at 5 1/2 weeks  EDD: 1/20/15
    BFP 8/28/14 *please, please stick*  EDD: 5/10/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"