3rd Trimester
Options

39 Week Symptoms-is labor soon?

So I'm 1 day shy of 39 weeks and at my appt yesterday I was 3cm 70% and -1 station. Last night my husband and I walked around the block and up some stairs a few times, then we later had sex. I got a shower and by the time I got out I was noticing some contractions. I started timing them and the were about 6ish minutes apart but only lasting for about 30 seconds each but they lasted for well over an hour. I started timing at 11:15 and finally gave up because they were becoming inconsistent around 1:30. Is this a good sign that labor is coming? The only other symptom I have is HORRIBLE constant back pain (still hurts this morning). No loss of mucous plug and no bloody show or anything.. But this back pain is intense and won't stop!

Re: 39 Week Symptoms-is labor soon?

• Options
    Call your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had contractions start and stop for a couple of weeks before I went into labor with DS.  It doesn't mean much.  With DD I had contractions every morning for like 6 mornings in a row before I went into labor.  Like PP said you'll go into labor sometime soon.  It drives you crazy trying to analyze every symptom.
  • Options
    The back pain could be from the walk, stairs and sex.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    edited October 2014
    I would call your doctor if you start having contractions again, but I didn't notice when I lost my mucus plug, and I didn't have a bloody show. I wasn't having contractions or signs (that I noticed) that labor was imminent, and then my water broke and I had DS 6 hours later at 39w2d.

So labor could be coming soon, but I've also known people who have gone from contractions every 5 minutes, and then they slowed down, and baby was not born for another 2 weeks, so I don't know.
  • Options
    I've had the same thing going on for 3 weeks now in addition to losing my plug and lots of bloody show and still no baby so no, I don't think you can count on those symptoms meaning baby is coming. You're at the end so either way you only have a few weeks left at most.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you, OP--2 days shy of 39 weeks, reasonably well dilated (3.5 cm, 85% effaced), contracting consistently in spells that then sort of evaporate. And yet, still pregnant. I'm crossing fingers for us both that delivery is sooner than later!

I have also been having that incredible lower back pain you describe. For me, a massage from DH helps, as does a maternity support brace, but this past weekend I secured access to a jetted tub for an evening, and let me tell you, it was AMAZING. Buoyancy + massaging jets = a happy back. You have to make sure you don't let it get too warm, of course, but if you can swing it, I'm telling you, it's worth whatever devil's bargain you have to strike.

Hang in there--we won't be pregnant forever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"