Working Moms
Options

Hm.... did I miss something?

Wasn't there a post saying goodbye yesterday? I'm just curious because it's not here today (we are not active enough to not notice disappearance of an unusual post). Was there a specific reason it was removed?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hm.... did I miss something?

• Options
    Ahhh. So if you delete your account all posts disappear? Unlike if you are banned - they are still there but your user name is just inactive? Interesting and good to know if ever I need to wipe the slate clean :)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whoa.  I missed this.  What was all the drama about? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sept07b2b said:
    The very first sticky on the SAHM board pretty much sums it up, but generally, there was an argument where one of the regulars got a warning that she was going to get banned.  Then the mod disappeared and didn't answer any of their questions about TOU/warnings.  Then they requested a co-mod, since their regular mod was MIA.  The Bump agreed to let them vote for a co-mod and then changed their mind.  A few more regulars got banned, and almost all of their regulars migrated to a different site based on how everything was handled. 

Honestly, I was a lurker on SAHM because it was a pretty active site, and even though I work full time, a lot of the issues are the same for moms whether you work or not, and it was a pretty smart, animated, balanced group of ladies, so I enjoyed reading their discussions. 
    Wow.  Seems like a situation that got really mishandled.  From all the craziness that sometimes happens on this site (luckily not on this board) I wouldn't think it would be that easy for someone to get banned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options

I looked back and saw the very original thread from a few weeks ago. Alot of nasty comments that in my opinion were unnecessary were thrown around.

• Options
    I was a little bit amused because a few months ago there was a heated discussion on this board bc a WM regular said something about mean-spirited and judgmental comments by newer people. The original comment was kind of wistful, like this board which had generally been very warm was just getting a bit sharp in tone. She was then roundly attacked, as frankly were we all, as being insular and unwelcoming. Those who were attacking to a person pointed out that they were really far more comfortable on the SAHM board and that the WM board "had a reputation." Huh. Fascinating how this all played out. First time I even clicked on their board was to see what the big farewell was all about because I'm not a SAHM, i am a working mom. I have no idea what their community was like, except for that one interaction. But the "reputation" comment stuck with me because it was so incredibly "mean girl." This situation strikes me as the holier than thou girl getting knocked up in high school while the girl with the "reputation" she looks down on is actually a virgin. (Cue the flame-throwing by those same people who amused me the first time with their thin skin.)
  • Options
    The Bump shit the bed...again. The BumpGodz randomly banned and subsequently mishandled the aftermath.

This all happened with SAHM regulars. The majority of the board decided they were done with TB and its screwed up ways and went to a well known board that old Nesties started when The Nest pissed them off.

BumpGodz and some look-aid drinking mods will ban of you mention the name of the other user ran board.

Parenting was alerted because SAHM and Parenting are the most active boards (or were).

This ism't the first kerfuffle with TB and not the first mass exodus.
  • Options
    Stupid mobile bumping. I can't edit my typos.
  • Options

The Bump shit the bed...again. The BumpGodz randomly banned and subsequently mishandled the aftermath.

This all happened with SAHM regulars. The majority of the board decided they were done with TB and its screwed up ways and went to a well known board that old Nesties started when The Nest pissed them off.

BumpGodz and some look-aid drinking mods will ban of you mention the name of the other user ran board.

Parenting was alerted because SAHM and Parenting are the most active boards (or were).

This ism't the first kerfuffle with TB and not the first mass exodus.

Surely not the last either!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was wondering if kool - aid was a bad word and spelled backwards on purpose, and was seriously considering looking up the SAHM board to see what kind of beverage references were getting people banned. Then I saw it was a typo, and really, cannot be bothered....every major board has mass exits - I was part of one with my first child that involved secret boards with secret chambers and real life investigation of real people. Needless to say I avoided board for a while after that.....
  • Options
    I'm just trying to me look-aid a thing, @2chatter‌. Also, my new phone hates me.

• Options
    There was one of our WM regulars that was heavily involved in those posts and has since been banned. I never looked at that board before because, well, I am a WM so I did not think I would find anything on there useful. I am just appalled with the way some of those people talked to each other. If nothing else, you are a mother with children of your own. I am fairly confident you would not want your child to witness you engaging in such behavior. Not trying to be self righteous by any means....but I was really disgusted by some of the comments. And it does seem there is one person on that board that gets flamed a TON (and I actually agreed with some of her comments..oops ha!)
  • Options
    To clarify, I am not referring to anyone with my above comment. It's happening across the boards and not directed at anyone specifically.
  • Options
    @bearsbearsbears, I was on Feb 2012 when the mass exodus of that board happened for FB.  What I enjoy about TB is the anonymity, so I had no interest in joining the FB group, and I was definitely disappointed that group fell apart. 

While I was not a SAHM participant, I can appreciate that it's sad when something like this happens.  For better or for worse, when you are active on one of these boards for a long time, you do form relationships with other posters.  I agree with @MarlaSinger&.
  • Options
    Meh. They are a tight group with a long history. It got personal and heated. I'm sure they regret some of it after the fact. No need to clutch those pearls in self righteous indignation. Not your fight. I think the gloating and seemingly enjoyment and judging of what went down is a little...gross for lack of a better word. Maybe that's my UO for today? Not our circus, not our monkeys.
    Acutally it was a couple of "our monkeys." 
  • Options
    WM is a transient board. Do we really have "our posters"? Is this anyone's home board?

I'm standing by it sucks to see a board implode and people get hurt. It sucks even more when it becomes fodder for drama and gossip elsewhere.

Again, this isn't directed at anyone @djm31012‌ but rather a general sentiment when this happens.

• Options
    I pretty much only post on this board. I go to Baby Showers and Baby Names when I want to laugh. But there's no drama here. In fact, everyone here seems to encourage others to let it all hang out. I probably should spend more time on my BMBs, but b/c they are so tight-knit, there seems a lot of potential for drama there, too.
    One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)
  • Options
    WM is a transient board. Do we really have "our posters"? Is this anyone's home board? I'm standing by it sucks to see a board implode and people get hurt. It sucks even more when it becomes fodder for drama and gossip elsewhere. Again, this isn't directed at anyone @djm31012‌ but rather a general sentiment when this happens.

I hear ya and agree with the fact that it stinks to see people get hurt and see mean words thrown around. I think I am really in the minority on the Bump in general that I genuinely use the forums for information sharing and not chatter. Nothing wrong of course with those who use it that way, but I think that is why I never get invested or involved in board drama and implosions and I think its crazy when people throw aggressive stones and digs. I only go on this board, and my 2 BMBs so I am not familiar with the banter elsewhere. I know people talk about Parenting alot but again, I just dont see many threads on there that I find value added so I have never really gotten involved.
  • Options
    K3am said:
    Strangely enough, I would consider WM my "home board".. I post primarily to this board. Occasionally to parenting, but I can't keep up with the speed it moves at, and some of the discussions on there scare me with the ferocity in which they debate even the smallest of things. 
    Me too. This is the only board I frequent (since my BMB moved to facebook). Sometimes I stop by on Baby Names to see the crazy latest trends and sometimes I post question on School Aged kids but this is my only permanent board.
  • Options
    Yep, this is my home board. Not sure why a SAHM board would be a "home board" but WM would not.
  • Options
    MommyAtty said:

Yep, this is my home board. Not sure why a SAHM board would be a "home board" but WM would not.

Like Bears said, more the vibe and tight knit bond that board has. We tend to pop in and out here (even if it is our main board) and they are all very close friends who have bonded. One isn't better or worse. It is just different.
  • Options
    djm31012 said:

WM is a transient board. Do we really have "our posters"? Is this anyone's home board?

I'm standing by it sucks to see a board implode and people get hurt. It sucks even more when it becomes fodder for drama and gossip elsewhere.

Again, this isn't directed at anyone @djm31012‌ but rather a general sentiment when this happens.

I know people talk about Parenting alot but again, I just dont see many threads on there that I find value added so I have never really gotten involved.

Probably because very little parenting is actually discussed. :p
  • Options
    I'd call this my home board too. I still visit my BMB but it mostly faded out a year ago when everyone migrated to FB. I visit some of the info boards (toddlers 24+, potty training, etc) but really just for info. I like the vibe here!
  • Options
    Like Bears said, more the vibe and tight knit bond that board has. We tend to pop in and out here (even if it is our main board) and they are all very close friends who have bonded. One isn't better or worse. It is just different.

Huh. Maybe we're just busier and have less time to spend on a message board. A lot of us pop up here daily or darn close to it. That doesn't seem like popping in and out, but since I don't really go to other boards, maybe that's accurate. I do agree I don't have "very close friends" on here. Maybe it's my age, but I've actually met all my very close friends. That being said, I do genuinely care what happens to you ladies and always feel like you genuinely care what happens to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I am not to trying to argue.  I am just laying out the differences of the two boards to help explain how this went down. 

ETA- and actually, I have more time to chat it up here when I am at work.  I was home the last week and got very little down time. 

• Options

@bearsbearsbears - yep, I was on Feb 2012 and was super bummed when it all fell apart. That wasn't the crazy one though - it was March 2004. That one I am friends with women from that board, but it is with people post the third board insanity - where we clearly knew who was crazy and who was not; it's about eight of us.

• Options
    I consider this my home board.  It's the only one I post on.  Personally, I like the vibe - I like thebump because of it's anonymity, and I feel like this board straddles the line between community and anonymity very well.

I used to be active in the age boards (birth-3 months etc.), and on breastfeeding, but now that DD is a toddler those boards aren't relevant anymore.  I check in on food allergies every once in a while.
  • Options
    This is my home board also. The pace of the board is generally within my comfort level and the things that worry me most tend to be the stuff that we talk about here a lot - ie daycare, school, and play dates and marriages in a two worker HH....and it's not so giffy. I don't know how to gif.

\image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"