November 2014 Moms
Options

5 cm and no contractions!!

I was checked by my midwife yesterday. I feel a lot a pressure were baby is moving down. Does anyone had the same experience?

Re: 5 cm and no contractions!!

• Options
    I was the same way with my first. I was 100% effaced and 4 cm and had no idea. Who knows how long I had been like that prior to the first cervical check.
  • Options

with DS I was 100% effaced and 4 cm also @lil-shocker and didn't have contractions until labor a few days later

Now, I am 4 cm and 80% effaced and having periodic contractions and BH, but no signs of actual labor. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great progress! I got to 7+ cm with #1 and #2 before labor kicked in, and 6 cm with #4. Contractions started at 5 cm with #3.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    so72409so72409 member
    edited October 2014
    I never felt an actual contraction with my twins.  I was 6cm and the NST showed I was having regular contractions, but my poor uterus and cervix were so "done" that I wasn't feeling anything.  I had my girls via c-section about 2 hours after they discovered I was 6cm because both babies were breech. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! Good luck. Maybe any day now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Ugh I hate you all. I had back labor with ds and it took 12 hours of that s*@# to dilate from 1 to 2. By then my contractions were already 90 seconds apart and I couldn't take it anymore so I got admitted and was given the epidural. Another 14 hours and I finally had him. Needless to say, I'm dreading labor this time! ! !
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha .. It's not just a coincidence that some people are having easier times And shorter labors while others are not!!
    These things need to be researched and made part of standard SOPs.
    So happy for the ones who are blessed!
    Cheers
  • Options
    I don't know if dilating really makes for a speedy or easier delivery. I was dilated to 4 before labor started with DS. It still took 20 hours to get to 10 with back labor because DS was posterior, then nearly 4 hours of pushing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If it makes anyone feel better, once I started active labor, it was entirely back labor....it was only 8 hours, but 8 hours of back labor still stinks.
  • Options
    My good friend was dilated 4 cm for a whole month before her labor started.  I was only ever 1, maybe 2 cm before I went into labor.
  • Options

My contractions took a long time to get going even though I was dilated up to 7 before they finally started but then the pain rushed in quickly! Luckily my first labor was only a couple of hours and he was out. At least you're not in pain, good luck!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"