Trouble TTC
Options

Insane CM anyone? Post Coital Testing?

So I have had insane CM the past two months....I'm talking holy shit I need a panty liner. I have been making so much that I could bottle it up and sell it....but with my luck this crazy CM is probably toxic to sperm. Anyone have the post coital test? I've read conflicting information on if it really tells you anything. My RE has never brought it up.

Anyways....I'm home alone (DH is out of town this week), drinking wine and trying not to wet my pants with CM so I thought I would post about it.

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
Fertility blood tests all normal
Tilted uterus
3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

Re: Insane CM anyone? Post Coital Testing?

• Options
    LOL so I know there's no such thing as TMI on 3T, but that was a graphic post!! :D

If you're going to do IUI anyways, I would not bother with a post-coital as IUI bypasses that. 

Also, I wouldn't do the baking soda douche without making sure if your CM is acidic or basic. My sister explained to me a few days ago that women get vaginal yeast infections or bacterial infections based on whether their vaginal pH is too acidic or basic (can't remember which was which). But if your pH is actually normal or basic and you add baking soda, you might be setting yourself up for an infection?

This almost sounds like something to visit the GYN about. Just tell him/her you have abnormal vaginal discharge and want to test for yeast or bacteria. It's possible one or the other is in overdrive.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Rumbera28 said:
    Okay well I'm going to be a big hypocrite and tell you not to do the baking soda thing without asking your RE.  I did it and got even MORE cm.
    Oh no really! I guess I'll ask the RE for the post coital test. I def do not want any more CM.

Tilted uterus

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL so I know there's no such thing as TMI on 3T, but that was a graphic post!! :D

If you're going to do IUI anyways, I would not bother with a post-coital as IUI bypasses that. 

Also, I wouldn't do the baking soda douche without making sure if your CM is acidic or basic. My sister explained to me a few days ago that women get vaginal yeast infections or bacterial infections based on whether their vaginal pH is too acidic or basic (can't remember which was which). But if your pH is actually normal or basic and you add baking soda, you might be setting yourself up for an infection?

This almost sounds like something to visit the GYN about. Just tell him/her you have abnormal vaginal discharge and want to test for yeast or bacteria. It's possible one or the other is in overdrive.
    I should have put TMI in the heading sorry :) I was a bit tipsy last night and just went on a CM vent. 

Tilted uterus

• Options
    I have had a couple of cycles within the last 6 months that had what I would consider an "excessive" amount of CM. Most cycles are pretty normal though. I did recently have a PCT performed. My results showed my CM was slightly thick but not enough to slow down DH's swimmers. But I don't think it would hurt to ask about having the test done to rule out CM issues. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"