Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Nightmares

Not sure what is going on with my 2.5 year old son. The past week he has been telling me that their is a lion in his room. He has jungle animal wall decorations which include a lion and he has had these since he was born. Sometimes he would tell me in what I thought was a fake scared tone that their was a lion and would sometimes point to areas, other than where the lions on the wall are, in his room where "the lion" is. Then the last three nights he has woken up after being asleep for about two hours screaming for me. He is visible shaken and needs me to lay with him to calm down and fall back to sleep. Tonight when I went to see why he was screaming, he had his hands up in the air and shaking like crazy from fear. I had to sit with him in the living room for awhile to calm him down all while he held on to me for dear life. When he finally talked he said there was a lion in his room.

Anyone else have experience like this? Nightmare or night terror maybe? He has a nightlight in his room and has not watched anything scary with or without lions in it to my knowledge. Just want my poor baby to not bescared anymore.

Re: Nightmares

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"