October 2013 Moms

So a rocket exploded today.

Re: So a rocket exploded today.

• An unmanned rocket bound for the International Space Station exploded Tuesday night, seconds after its launch from a Virginia island. No one was hurt in the fiery explosion, but officials say there was extensive property damage.

The Cygnus rocket was launched by Orbital Sciences Corp., who were contracted by NASA to deliver supplies to the International Space Station. The AP reports the ship had 5,000 pounds of gear for the six astronauts currently living on the space station.

NASA officials are currently trying to determine what caused the explosion.

"There was failure on launch," NASA spokesman Jay Bolden told reporters. "There was no indicated loss of life. There was significant property and vehicle damage. Mission control is trying to assess what went wrong."

• Holy hell! Thank god no one got hurt!
  • Loading the player...
  • And how many millions of dollhairs did that cost?...somebody is in trouble.
    this was my thought too. when i heard it on the news, they were like-- "it's clothes, food, etc...everything is replaceable, no people on board".....in my mind, i'm thinking FOOOOOOOD. and it sucks those people are going to be delayed getting their stuff now.

• Man. NASA is in a bind. On one hand they need to do things like this, but on the other hand it costs millions. When things go wrong it's very costly. That's a shame, though
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"