Trouble TTC
Options

Nervous I didn't do my first Menopur/Bravelle Injection

The mixing was a little harder than I expected. I didn't realize the powder dissolves instantly and think I may have missed one vile of Bravelle, although they all appeared empty. Then when I was done mixing I only had half the amount of water then the 1 cc that I started with. Then after the injection, when I pulled the needle out some fluid came out with it. I'm going to call my doctor first thing in the morning, but I'm totally worried I screwed up my first injection. Can this screw up my whole cycle?

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

Re: Nervous I didn't do my first Menopur/Bravelle Injection

• Options
    Deep breaths...our nurse warned us that some fluid might come out with the needle & not a big deal. I'd call your RE tomorrow & as long as they are aware & can take into account the first dose may have been messed up they can always adjust your meds according to monitoring/how your responding.

Me: (30) HSG/Bloodwork/Ultrasound: All looks good

DH: (30): MFI

IUIs #1-4 = BFN

IVF #1 December January

**********************All Welcome**********************

January 3T Siggy

• Options
    I already called the 24 hour hotline at Village Pharmacy and the nurse eased my fears, saying the same thing you did, that at my next monitoring appointment they'll check my levels and adjust accordingly, the mixing wasn't as easy as I thought. The post is supposed to say, nervous I did my injection wrong, it looks like I didn't do it at all. Ugh, scared the crap out of me.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rainbowbridge14‌ the nurse at my RE told me not to,use the Q-caps, not sure why.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    Our office told us to mix our meds so I'd only get stuck once.
    We need a tips/tricks/I'm freaking out-is this normal? post for IVF/IUI etc 

Me: (30) HSG/Bloodwork/Ultrasound: All looks good

DH: (30): MFI

IUIs #1-4 = BFN

IVF #1 December January

**********************All Welcome**********************

January 3T Siggy

• Options
    Ugh! I'm sorry! I don't think it will end up being a big deal at all though. They'll just adjust later, if needed.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    Ditto on holding it in for a few seconds...lets it absorb into the body so it won't run out behind the exiting needle. :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    I called the doctors office today and the nurse said to hold a gauze pad over it after I pull it out. I Did leave it in for a few seconds but it still leaked. The nurse also said a little leakage is ok. This is why they monitor, and they can adjust the dose. @Kcheese‌ my office told me the same thing, I could mix and get stuck once or do the pens, which are easier but you get stuck twice. Also the pens are more expensive. So I went with cheaper and one prick. It was my first one, hopefully tonight will go smoother. Yes you definitely can mix them.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    @Buttmonkey34‌ thank you :) I like the mixing too, just have to get used to it. I'd rather one needle also. Btw, I hope you're feeling better.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    I'm sorry for the freak out moment this morning. I haven't reached this point yet, but I don't even want to imagine what has to go through your head. I hope the shots go better from here on in!
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012
    BFP 06.04.2014  EDD 02.13.2015  D&C 07.25.2014

photo February4_zps0abb1614.jpg
    RE Consult Results
    Me: 32, PCOS, Hypothyroid, HSG All Clear
    DH: 33, Low Morph (2.5%)
    11.2014 (Letrozole+IUI+Progesterone)=?

• Options
    @lovesmonkey‌ they do get better. Everyone told me the first one is the hardest and then it's smooth sailing. They were right. If I can do it, anybody can.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options

I was on Bravelle 225mg + Menopur 75mg twice a day.  I mixed them using Q-Caps.  I actually made a big mix up on day one.  I started a day early on accident. They didn't tell me they changed a date on my schedule so I went with my old schedule. On top of that, I grabbed an extra Bravelle instead of Menopur.  So that one dose I got Bravelle 300mg + Menopur 75mg.  It was no problem.  they will just measure you as your next U/S and adjust if needed.  I too had some medication come out after injection.  I also lost about 25% total volume using the Q-Caps.

I am self pay so I alternated between Bravelle and some donated follistim pens.  I hated the pens. My DH had such a hard time injecting the pens and I still had to give myself the menopur.  Even though the Bravelle + Menopur stun a bit, I would have DH administer slow over 10 seconds (I would count out loud).  The bruising though was really bad for me!

Good luck everyone!

*** Siggy warning ***

DH: 31 normal
    Me: 31 tubal disease
    Married 2011
    TTC 2012
    Clomid x 2 with OBGYN: BFN
    IF testing 2013: blocked left tube, low AMH
    March 2014: Ectopic rupture, emergency surgery and D&C.  Absent left tube and now closed right tube
    October 2014: IVF with ICSI #1 - BFP (17r/14icsi/12f - 2ET 10/27; 7 frosties; Nov7 beta #1= 806; Nov10 beta #2= 2738; TWINS!!!!!  EDD late June/early July 2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"