April 2014 Moms
Options

Wicked plugged duct

ladies I have tried everything hot compress and cold, vibrator, nurse upside down, to the side and every side, in all 4, hot shower, etc.

I'm very frustrated and about to cry to how in pain I am.

Baby won't nurse on that side anymore because he knows nothing is coming out. I have pumped and pumped and pumped. Also I hand expressed when I was in the shower and nothing.

pleaseeeeee I need help I don't wanna go to the doctor again last time I got mastitis my supply dropped and im afraid that it will again if I start taking antibiotics again

TIA!

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wicked plugged duct

• Options
    I'm not sure how quickly it works or if you're already taking it, but Lecithin!!! I take one every day and an extra if I ever feel a plug coming. I got mine at a CVS. Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Got it I will tell hubby to grab some on his way back from work

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you try @mamrotu73‌ 's trick of pumping in the shower? If you've already tried nursing upside down then I'm out of tricks. Maybe pumping upside down or shower pumping since LO won't nurse that side? Also inspect the nipple for visible clogs. I once had one, scrapped it off and sprayed across the room.
  • Options
    @RedDawnsRevenge‌ I don't have a manual pump and honestly don't feel like buying one just for that but if it gets really bad I might have to do that

• Options
    I second the hot hot bath. If you can, go sit in a hot tub for 20mins and work the crap out of it. Then pump immediately after. I've been plagued by thrush and clogged ducts for 6 weeks and this is the only thing that has worked for me. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I started to take lecithin does any of you ladies taking it know how long it starts to work I'm still working this thing out.. Although it's not as hard as it was before it is still there and I feel like cutting my boob out :((

• Options
    Use the butt end of an electric toothbrush if you have one.  It helps get right on the exact spot.  You can do it while you are in the shower, and then pump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"