October 2014 Moms
Options

Zantac and gripe water

My 6 week old has been having a rough week and was diagnosed with reflux today by his doctor. I had started him on gripe water over the weekend and it really helps him to get comfortable (doesn't make the reflux symptoms go away though). The doctor is starting him on Zantac today to get the reflux under control but she said it takes about 2 weeks before it starts working. I meant to ask her but completely forgot and they are now closed but has anybody used Zantac and gripe water together until the Zantac is working. I can't imagine they would be contraindicated but I wasn't sure if there was something I didn't know about using them together. Thanks for any input!
O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Zantac and gripe water

• Options
    I can't think of a reason you couldn't use them together. Gripe water is usually ginger and fennel which do not interact with ranitidine.

I am a pharmacist.
  • Options
    Thank you! I couldn't think of a reason they shouldn't be used together but I didn't want to risk it without speaking to his doctor (which I have a message in for) or hearing others experience. I just hate to see him so uncomfortable and would love to be able to give him some relief until the Zantac kicks in. Thanks again!
    O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are welcome. Always a good idea to check with your doc or friendly pharmacist!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"