Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Intro, loss of twins at 18 and 22 weeks

Hi Guys, It breaks my heart to be joining you ladies but I’m glad there is a place I can go for support. I’ve been reading a lot of the posts for a while but I wanted to introduce myself. I’ve struggled a lot with getting pregnant and use fertility treatments. It took my husband and I about three years but then had a miscarriage at about 9 weeks. We started trying again a couple months later but it took us a year. We were so excited to find out we were pregnant again and had the same due date as the first baby. We then found out it was with twins. I’ve always wanted this and everything was going so well. I went to my doctor appointment on September 9 and both heart beats were great. I went home but as the evening progressed I was getting pressure and what I now know were contractions. I called the doctor in the middle of the night and he told me it should pass but to come in the next day if it continued. I then called again around 7am because I had started to bleed. When I got to the doctor my first baby’s bag was bulging. I was admitted right away to the hospital but a couple hours later my water broke. I delivered my first son, Randy John, at 18 weeks. My placenta did not want to come out so they cut the cord higher, sewed it and left it alone. I spent the next week in the hospital but all had calm down, I had closed up and the second baby was doing very well. I spent another two weeks at home with no complications but the third week I seemed to have more problems. They thought they were because of the first baby’s placenta but they will never be 100% sure. On October 10, at 22 weeks and 1 day, I was having a lot of contractions so I told my husband we needed to head to the hospital. Right after that my water broke. We were on our way when I knew the baby was not waiting. I delivered Lucas John in the car on the way to the hospital. He too was born alive but too little to help. He also made it for a short time and then passed away. Most days I’ve been doing pretty well but today seems rougher again. I miss my boys. My family had planned on throwing my shower this coming weekend which is also my birthday and it’s so hard to think it’s all gone and we will have to start from square one again. We will be trying again soon but I wish I had my boys with me. I know how to cope in healthy ways but even doing so doesn’t take the pain away.

Re: Intro, loss of twins at 18 and 22 weeks

• Options
    BrittianyMBrittianyM member
    edited October 2014

***TICKER WARNING***

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boys. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    **ticker warning**

I am so sorry for your loss.  I also lost twin boys (at 22 weeks) in January, although under different circumstances.  You will find a ton of support here.  PM me if you ever need to talk. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ~~Ticker Warning~~

I am so very sorry for your loss of Randy John and Lucas John. 
    I, too, delivered multiples too early for them to survive.  It's difficult to grieve for each baby and what it would've been like to raise multiples.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  And extra peace this weekend on your birthday and scheduled shower.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your boys.  Please be gentle with yourself and use the board as much as you need.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options

***sig warning***

I'm very sorry for your losses.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options
    I am so very sorry for the loss of your boys! I pray that you will find the support you need here. These women are so wonderful!
  • Options
    I am so sorry about the loss of your sons - Randy and Lucas - such great names! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your sons Randy and Lucas. I'm sad that you have to join this board, but welcome.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your boys. I hope that your birthday isn't too hard. Take care of yourself.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    ****siggy warning

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little boys. I wish there was something I could say to take away the pain...but just know we're here for you.
  • Options
    My deepest sympathies for your loss.  We will all get through those rough patches together.

• Options
    ***siggy warning

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your twin boys. Lean on us when you need to

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your boys, Randy and Lucas. No one wants to be a part of this group, and I hate to see new moms joining us, but know that we are here whenever you need us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your boys. As much as I hate to welcome you to the club, I'm glad that you took the step to introduce yourself. The ladies here are wonderful and hope that they will be as much a help to you as they have been to me.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your boys.  We're here for you to lean on. 
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    I'm very sorry for the loss of your boys. I hope you were able to have an okay birthday weekend surrounded by your family. ((Hugs))

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Options
    *siggy warning*

I'm sorry for the loss of your boys. 
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"