May 2015 Moms
Options

Something sweet before ultrasound makes babies move more?

rivers714rivers714 member
edited October 2014 in May 2015 Moms
is this true? I saw it in some thread they were told to eat sugar to make the baby more active?

* I am getting an elective ultrasound at a boutique place for my son/niece. It's just for fun not the anatomy screen

Re: Something sweet before ultrasound makes babies move more?

• Options
    rivers714rivers714 member
    edited October 2014
    @AFwifelife‌ I am doing an elective ultrasound for my son. He is in school when you can get them at my obgyn. So there's a boutique place near me that does it on the weekends. It wasn't that expensive and I figured it would be a good way for him to bond with the new baby.

He's being super cute. Carrying things for me, not wanting me to do stuff because he's afraid it'll hurt the baby.
  • Options
    During my million u/s - they would have me drink juice if the baby wasn't moving.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Exactly what @AFwifelife said. While it is fun and exciting to see your LO wiggling about inside of you, it makes the doctor's/ultrasound tech's job harder. The main goal of the ultrasound is to see the baby to make sure everything looks good and is progressing and growing as it should. I know that if a doctor needs to see something more clearly and the baby is in a tough position they'll have you cough or laugh, so maybe a good laugh session before your next ultrasound will wake the baby up a little.
    GBCB - Gone to the Dark Side
  • Options
    @samiamagirl‌ this is for an elective outside of 20wks anatomy scan
  • Options
    The main thing is to just make sure you come with a full bladder, drink lots of water beforehand. I have heard of techs saying to drink a small glass of OJ beforehand so the baby isn't too still. But I agree with PPers, coughing and laughing work and won't have them too wound up.
    image image
    DD#1 12.26.12 | DD#2 EDD: 5.4.15
  • Options
    rivers714 said:
    @samiamagirl‌ this is for an elective outside of 20wks anatomy scan
    Okee doke, well- like I said- a good laugh session? I'm not sure about what you can eat or drink to get the baby moving.
    GBCB - Gone to the Dark Side
  • Options
    @AFwifelife‌ umm it's 15 wks- I am a nurse and work every other weekend. So if they can see the sex awesome, but I realiZe it's early... It's just the only Saturday that worked with my schedule
  • Options
    I had OJ before my a/s with Addie she was moving SO much. I had to go to a follow-up just to get all her stats. She wouldn't hold still enough for them to get a good look at her heart and a few other organs. I wouldn't worry about doing it purposefuly. I drank the OJ because I needed to have a full bladder.  

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Yes, I think it does make a difference. I had some juice for breakfast before the NT, and LO was WILD in there. I kind of felt bad about it once we were on the 4th person trying to take measurements.

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I just eat a regular meal before. That usually does the trick. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"