January 2015 Moms

Dropping at 30 weeks?

Maybe it is just my imaginatiom, but I could swear my baby dropped last night. (I'm 30w2d.) It could just be my mind going wild because I dreamed I went into labor last night.

Anyone drop yet? Or remember when they dropped with previous pregnancies?

Re: Dropping at 30 weeks?

• Nope... I literally dropped the day I went into labour with my first two. 
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • I dont think so. But sometimes babies feel very heavy. I wear a support band to hold themupmostof the time and that helps a lot. I suspect if they really drop, it won't. Good Luck @Thompnia , are you still working FT? On your feet all day?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • firegalbfiregalb member
    edited October 2014
    I went to my midwife yesterday and she said my baby is sitting quite low already (I'm almost 28 weeks), said its nothing to worry about at this point but to be aware my baby may make his debut early..
    So you're not alone if you do go early!
  • Babies can change positions quite often and sometimes it feels like they are REALLY low, but I heard that when they actually 'drop,' the extra pressure is obvious. I've never felt it. My daughter stayed very high even when my water broke and I went into labor, and my son was lower, but I never felt that he 'dropped.' def started carrying lower a few days before he was born, though. So what do I know. LOL.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Bigboneded‌ I am working full time on my feet all day. I am relieved that while I look to be carrying much lower, I am not feeling that intense pressure. My next doc appointment is Monday, so I will ask her then.
  • I carried really low with DD and am carrying the same way this time. I never felt DD drop but apparently she was in the right position!

• DS was always low and head down and I went over due sink wouldn't be too concerned...this one just recently changed positions but is still higher than my last
  • Ok, what does this even mean?  The baby drops?  Oh, dear God. . .googling now.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I dropped really on with ds1. Around 30 or so weeks if I recall. With my other ones I didn't drop until I was in labor.

I've heard that's common though, that FTM tend to drop early, whereas stm+ don't drop until labor.

Not true for everyone, but it is common.

You'll know for sure when you've dropped. You can physically feel it, and see it.

• Ok, what does this even mean?  The baby drops?  Oh, dear God. . .googling now.
    Usually, the belly sticks out a bit during pregnancy; when you get closer to your due date, you can see your belly shift downwards and hang a little lower than it normally would've. This is called 'dropping', as the baby 'drops' into position to get ready for birth. It's normal, and the pressure resulting from it can be uncomfortable, but like many ladies have said up there in prior posts, not everyone feels the baby drop or note any significant changes.. so it's really on a per-case basis, I suppose. Nothing to worry about!
  • I don't think baby boy has ever gone *up*. I've only felt movement super low, as opposed with my daughter where she was all over. I'm not sure what he's doing!
  • I seemed to have been carrying this one lower in the beginning, and now it looks like a basketball under my boobs. Don't know if it's possible for baby to move up, but it definitely looks like she did. I don't remember dropping at all with my first...
  • lmno12515lmno12515 member
    edited October 2014
    I've dropped already (27wks) and I feel a ton of pressure down there. My DR has me on bed rest because of that. I'm hoping the bed rest helps keep her in for as long as possible.
  • just felt a crazy re-positioning, felt like an alien was going to burst out of my belly. Will keep an eye on the signs of extra pressure this evening. Little to early to know whether or not I want to call it a "drop" this early. My gut said this little gal is going to come early, are we taking bets ladies?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"