Babies on the Brain
Options

Can This Be Deleted?

2»

Re: Can This Be Deleted?

• Options
    Oh my lord to the long response from OP.  OP, as many others have mentioned the white trash comment really shows your maturity level.  It feels like communicating with a teenager. You were mostly dissappointed in the comments about school and you mention online courses and scholarships.  Why not GO to school and LIVE the college experience rather than just trying to get it done while pregnant or having an infant.  Wouldn't that be sooo much better?  Additionally, yes, all of the unexpected things can happen with or without a baby but while you're young and figuring out how to manage a house and expenses (like i am doing too!) it would be much easier doing that WITHOUT a baby.  Be young. Live your life freely and happily, planning the future and enjoying your SO. Why try to make so many short cuts for a baby when you have PLENTY of time for a baby? A baby is SUCH a responsilibty and it challenges your relationship with your SO.  Have FUN first!
    Married June 23, 2012

TTC #1 December 2012
    DD born December 2013 

BFP  January 2015
    Due October 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 23 also and I had my son at 22. He was an oops. I had a full time job, so did my bf. When I found out I was pregnant I bought a house. He bought me a ring (about time we had been together 4 years). I go to school and am planning my wedding. It is so hard!!! My mom's best friend watches him for a small fee, but sometimes can't babysit. My mother was supposed to be my babysitter but decided it didn't fit her schedule.

Going to school and working full time I sometimes only get 1-2 hours of sleep a night. I took an online class and it was so hard to do homework. To many distractions.

Its hard, so think carefully. I suggest waiting till after college at least. But you need help send me a pm I will answer questions for you
  • Options
    Well all of this has certainly been enlightening. I think I made a huge mistake bothering with posting this because in all honesty it should've gone in a blog or a diary. I'm sorry to waste everyone's time and energy telling me things I have thought about previously like doing things in the "right" order, etc. I'm used to a much different type of message board with a different type of people and this was not the place to say what I was thinking outloud. I really, really feel like an idiot. And not because of the comments, though I'm still going to go with most of them actually just being rude instead of insightful, but because two whole days later my boyfriend and I have not brought this up again and I was mistaken with letting my excitement and willingness to plan get ahead of me. I'm human, I got excited and I tried to figure it all out in my head and thought I'd share and see if a single person could sympathize with me. Like I said, I'm not in the right place to do this. Now I'm back to a very different mind set, my usual linear thought process. I wanted to make the whole thing work so I threw the scenario out there and boy did I get bit. Mostly I'm just irritated because I feel like if I could have one on one conversations in person with you all that I wouldn't come across the way I'm coming across. To put all your minds at rest: I'm not worried about having a baby right now. I am going to wait even though it seems it'll never happen. It doesn't seem like at this point in my life that waiting is going to bring around better circumstances and I'll continue to envy my friend's with children even though they are far from ideal situations. There are a lot of influences and factors in what I was thinking at the time. And again, I was so wrong to post this.
  • Options
    Well all of this has certainly been enlightening. I think I made a huge mistake bothering with posting this because in all honesty it should've gone in a blog or a diary. I'm sorry to waste everyone's time and energy telling me things I have thought about previously like doing things in the "right" order, etc. I'm used to a much different type of message board with a different type of people and this was not the place to say what I was thinking outloud. I really, really feel like an idiot. And not because of the comments, though I'm still going to go with most of them actually just being rude instead of insightful, but because two whole days later my boyfriend and I have not brought this up again and I was mistaken with letting my excitement and willingness to plan get ahead of me. I'm human, I got excited and I tried to figure it all out in my head and thought I'd share and see if a single person could sympathize with me. Like I said, I'm not in the right place to do this. Now I'm back to a very different mind set, my usual linear thought process. I wanted to make the whole thing work so I threw the scenario out there and boy did I get bit. Mostly I'm just irritated because I feel like if I could have one on one conversations in person with you all that I wouldn't come across the way I'm coming across. To put all your minds at rest: I'm not worried about having a baby right now. I am going to wait even though it seems it'll never happen. It doesn't seem like at this point in my life that waiting is going to bring around better circumstances and I'll continue to envy my friend's with children even though they are far from ideal situations. There are a lot of influences and factors in what I was thinking at the time. And again, I was so wrong to post this.
  • Options
    comablack said:
    Something about this really rubs me the wrong way. 
  • Options
    Having a one on one conversation won't change anything. You aren't in the right place to support and care for a child. You aren't being an adult about it either.
    This is equal to a guy who expects a super model gf while jobless living in the basement of his moms house.
    I don't care what you are majoring in college where you seem to think you know better. You don't because you aren't looking at it from the same perspective. No one here will sugar coat it. They gave you a reality check and you didn't like it. No one is ever 100% ready when they get pregnant and have a baby because emotionally you have no idea how its going to be.
    Also you don't seem to take into consideration the effects of that specific situation could have on a child.
    You really need to get your shit together and you have time to do so. So instead of complaining, help yourself and plan to ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

• Options
    Guys. Did I not just say ex-nay on the ba-bay? And what I mean about a one on one is not to make people "understand me" about the idea I had but I think over the internet does not translate into real life all too well. 

What I mean about rude is getting misunderstood too. There were plenty of people who said no, wait, do it this way, do this, etc. That's fine. I'm talking about people who insulted me. That's an opinion yes, but it's still rude. 

And to everyone saying I should get a puppy. Uh- I have a cat. And a snake. And two other dogs so I'm good, thanks.
  • Options
    Holy shit again, thank you. Jesus fucking christ I am listening to you and have had the same damn fucking thoughts about this whole damn thing way ahead of everything last year. Can I ask for a cease and desist on this thread because I am so done going over trying to defend myself over an an emotional post I made with a scheme for things to work out!

I am always the one to talk my boyfriend down about stuff and to talk about school and marriage and moving out. I'm done. I'm so done with this stupid post I made on this stupid website because I was too exited for 48 hours and should've realized the stupidity on posting on this fucking message board hoping for someone to understand my point on things at the time, to sympathize and go, "No sweetheart. I understand but right now you've got to deal with some other stuff and try and work on self sustaining your own life." Instead I get people telling me that I need to grow-up, I'm selfish, I'm stupid etc.Whatever, I'm fucking over it because fuck myself for posting an inner thoughts on the internet.

Call me a teenager, a child. Selfish, stupid, idiot, doesn't think things through. Just whatever to get you through the night. But I'm done with this post. I made a mistake posting in the first place.
  • Options
    I love how in an earlier post OP is all "we aren't white trash... I am so above a walmart ring" and then pulls out swearing like a drunken sailor. 

With that mouth and other things throughout your posts, I can tell you have a lot of growing up to do. Finances is near the bottom of many reasons you should not be considering having a child right now. I'm glad you've decided to keep the baby shop closed at this time. The reason that the traditional college-marriage-house-baby scheme is trumped up is because it's typically the easiest way to have a happy family. 

You keep saying your boyfriend is the one trying to talk you into all of this. Your boyfriend is obviously immature and fine with not being able to provide for his family. That would be a huge red flag to me. A real man wants to provide for his wife and child, not live in his daddy's basement and use his mother in law for free childcare. Yeah, there are worse situations out there but why would you not want the best situation for your kids? That is not meant to be answered by the way, I don't feel like getting the f-bomb shoved down my throat this morning.

Happy Halloween everyone!! 

:ar!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    It's good to get some perspective before you add a new life to the world. Having a baby is hardly a linear event.

Sounds like you have some growing and maturing to do and your boyfriend needs to get his act together. Your adult lives should not "need" to be so dependent and enmeshed with either of your parents.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This entertained me for a good 20 minutes, thanks ladies.

*BTW Wal-Mart is da bomb and they are starting 'Pre Black Friday' on Nov 1st and I'm super pumped!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"