Breastfeeding
Options

weight gain??

has any bf babies weight gain slow down around 3 months?  is so, how much?  thx

Re: weight gain??

• Options
    Usually they gain more quickly as that is a growth spurt time. Kelly mom has a chart that shows ages and what weight gain should be for bf babies.
  • Options
    Usually they gain more quickly as that is a growth spurt time. Kelly mom has a chart that shows ages and what weight gain should be for bf babies.
    Yeah she will be 3 months on Friday so haven't gotten there yet.  She has gained a bit under a pound in the last 3 1/2 weeks. Thanks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    edited October 2014
    DS1's weight gain did slow down at about 3 months, and it turned out my supply had dipped. I worked with a lactation consultant to pump, add extra feedings, etc, and within two to three weeks, DS1's weight gain was back on tack. Did your Pedi think the wright was low?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    mb314 said:
    DS1's weight gain did slow down at about 3 months, and it turned out my supply had dipped. I worked with a lactation consultant to pump, add extra feedings, etc, and within two to three weeks, DS1's weight gain was back on tack. Did your Pedi think the wright was low?
    doctor was fine at 2 month...she gained just over a pound.  I have been wondering if this month she has slowed down....I was thinking of seeing a lactation consultant too.....I go back to work in a month so  I am concerned if she doesn't take a bottle well and wonder about my supply...maybe I will just call and make appt. to be proactive.....our pedi has one on staff now.
  • Options
    I agree working with a LC would be good. Initially, we worked w/one that was part of our pedi practice. It was not a good idea for us to mix the two. My son lost more than 10% so more of our time initially was spent on getting his weight up and less on LC which resulted in a rocky start to bf'ing. Feeding is well established for you so it won't be another factor to juggle. I found it beneficial to work w/ an independent LC not affiliated with our MD. Maybe it was just a fluke for us, but I wanted to share.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    skfg said:
    I agree working with a LC would be good. Initially, we worked w/one that was part of our pedi practice. It was not a good idea for us to mix the two. My son lost more than 10% so more of our time initially was spent on getting his weight up and less on LC which resulted in a rocky start to bf'ing. Feeding is well established for you so it won't be another factor to juggle. I found it beneficial to work w/ an independent LC not affiliated with our MD. Maybe it was just a fluke for us, but I wanted to share.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"