September 2012 Moms
Options

Fever question..it's been a while

DD started feeling warm yesterday and has had a slight fever..about 99.2 under the armpit so adding a degree would make it 100.2.  I just took her temp and now it's 102 after adding a degree.  I am reading that it's mostly more about how they're acting and that you don't have to really worry about temperature until it goes over 104 when they're at this age.  She's a little fussy and lethargic but nothing excessive so far.
Opinions?
Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fever question..it's been a while

• Options
    What's the question? Are you wanting to know if you should call the pedi? I don't call for the first couple days of a fever unless meds do not reduce it. Are you asking if you should medicate? I only medicate if something else is going on and he seems uncomfortable.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    I'd give a little tylonal and as long as her temp comes down a little, I wouldn't worry. How quickly did it rise?
    This morning it was a degree less than when I just took it an hour or so ago, but I'm not sure when it rose that degree.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I let it go as long as I can before I give Motrin or Tylenol.  When DD is really uncomfortable, like before bed, I give her some.  I'd call the pedi if it persists for more than 2 days.  I'm a fever novice and would probably be on here asking :D

Hope she feels better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I should add that I don't hold back from giving medicine if she is feeling miserable.  I am a huge baby when I have a fever and the relief is nice.  I do try to let the fever do its job, but sometimes enough is enough.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I should add that I don't hold back from giving medicine if she is feeling miserable.  I am a huge baby when I have a fever and the relief is nice.  I do try to let the fever do its job, but sometimes enough is enough.

Same with me! I used to try to hold off on the medicine to let their little bodies fight the infection with a low grade fever, but I HATE having a fever and body aches myself so now I treat more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Have you put her in a bath? A tepid bath always breaks L's fever without meds.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I agree with the others. I would do Tylenol and wait and see what happens. If it keeps persisting and doesn't go down with Tylenol then I would call the pedi to see if they want me to bring her in or if they have other suggestions.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"