Infertility
Options

acupuncture timing question

I know they say it's best to go regularly 3 months before your cycle but we didn't know we needed it 3 months ago and honestly can't afford it (it runs about 100 a pop in my city).  Originally we weren't going to do it at all but now DH says that I can go 4-5 times (maybe a few more times if I feel like it is helping).  I am doing PGS so my retrieval will be the second week in Nov and hopefully we will have our tranfer in December.  How would you space out those acupuncture appointments?  Is it even worth it to go that few times?  I have been emailing the accupuncturist that my RE recommends and she says it is all beneficial but wanted to check here first.  Thanks in advance.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

Re: acupuncture timing question

• Options
    I don't know how big a city you live in but community acupuncture is a good option and much more affordable. My clinic really pushing coming right before and right after transfer so those are the most important.  Other then that maybe once every week or two? I am not sure. 
    me 33- everything looks good
    mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
    IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
    IVF# 1 July
    ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
    10 embryos frozen
    ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
    ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @bunnybun4 I hear ya. I live in NYC and its $100 here too. its $300 the day of retrieva/transfer because they are essentially waiting on your and your doc's schedule. I would do 2x a week until the retrieval if you like it. I love it and am a firm believer, however I never did it leading up to retrieval only day of and before and after my transfer. 

++Siggy Warning++

Me: 33
    DH: 39

TTC: 4 years.
    Me: PCOS. Polyps.
    DH: Low morphology and motility.

TTC naturally - 1yr.
    4 IUI with metformin - All BFN. 
    Changed ER.

IVF # 1 - 6 blasts made it to freeze. Transferred 1 fresh blast. Low first beta, but rose appropriately. Bean made it and we heard Heartbeat!! Sadly Bean couldn't hold on. Heartbroken. M/C.

FET# 1- 2 beautiful blasts transferred.1st beta- 6. Chemical. :(

FET # 2 - 2 beautiful blasts transferred. 1st beta - 74. #'s rose appropriately. Ultrasound found Sac and fetal pole! Sadly bean couldn't hang on. M/C. Devastated. 

One frosty left. 

IVF#2 - ER Scheduled for November. We will be doing PGD. Transfer most likely JAN 2015.

image image imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am actually going in for an initial appointment tomorrow, and I am already stimming. I'm sure that the acupuncture folks would say to do it earlier, but we certainly didn't decide to do it soon enough either! My hope is to do one or two appointments this week, then the pre/post transfer and maybe one more after that. I just want to try it--figure it can't hurt. 

My clinic has some "package" pricing which is a little cheaper, but you have to commit to so many sessions. They have a six-session one that is intended to be the whole cycle, with three leading up to the ER, pre/post transfer counts for two, and then another for implantation several days later. So, that gives you an idea of how you could use the sessions. 
    Me: 28, no diagnosis  DH: 33, MFI, severely low morphology, diagnosed 3/14
    IVF #1: May/June 2014: 10R/8F, 1 morula transferred = BFN, nothing to freeze.
    IVF #2: July/August 2014: 18R/12M/8F, 2 blastocysts transferred = BFN, nothing to freeze.
    IVF #3: October/November 2014: 22R/17M/15F, 2 early blastocysts transferred = BFN, nothing to freeze.

• Options
    I think it's absolutely helpful to go even 4-5 times. My acupuncturist recommends once a week during stims & then before & after transfer.
    Me: 32, DH: 38
    married since June 2008
    TTC since March 2013
    8/2013: SA normal, my bloodwork indicated pituitary hormone imblance
    10/2013: anovulatory
    11/2013: anovulatory
    12/2013 - 3/2014: unmonitored Clomid cycles with TI, all bfn
    04/2014: HSG normal
    05/2014: Clomid + IUI, bfn;
    bloodwork retested and results normal
    06/2014: 1st monitored cycle with RE: Clomid cd3-7 (no growing follies), 
    Femara cd 10-14 (2 follies), ovidrel trigger cd17, IUI, bfn, polyp discovered during u/s
    07/2014: polypectomy
    08/2014: Follistim (50-75 iu/day) cd 2-14 (2 follies), Ovidrel cd15, IUI, crinone
    10/2014: IVF #1, 14R, 13F, 8 blasts. Freeze all due to super enlarged ovaries and a week of bed rest 
    11/2014: FET #1
  • Options

I agree with ^pp. I found a community acupuncturist and only pay $25 a visit. He recommends 2 times a week while stimming/prepping for transfer. Then once a week. I have been doing it since May once a week for the most part. I love it! I think any amount is better than none.  I will go the day before and the day of my transfer also.

My TTC Story:

Me: 40,DH: 48, Married 10/07/2011, TTC since 09/2011, 03/2012 Started Clomid, 04/2012
    Clomid, 05/2012 Clomid, 06/2012 Went to RE, he found a plum size fibroid in uterus, husband has low sperm count, 06/06/2012 Removed fibroid, 08/2012 Hysteroscopy
    IVF #1 October 2012 - Retrieved 8 eggs, 5 fertilized, 10/13/2012 Transferred 3 embryos - 8, 5, and 4 cells,
    the other 2 eggs did not survive freezing, 10/26/2012 BFP!! Beta: 11, 10/26/12 Beta: 2 = Chemical Pregnancy
    IVF #2 - March 2014 - Mini IVF - Retrieved 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 4 Frosties - 8, 9, 7, and 7 cells all in good condition. 

IVF #3 - May 2014 - Mini IVF - Retrieved 2 eggs, 2 fertilized, 2 Frosties - 6 and 8 in good condition. 
    FET #1 - September 2014 - Transferred 2 embryos - both 8 cells - BFN

FET#2 - November 2014 - Transferred 2 embryos - BFN

FET#3 - February 2014

*PAIF/SAIF Welcome*

image image  image image   image image

• Options
    So glad you asked-- following. One of my friends works with an accupuncturist and gave us a good deal for a package of 6. I just started prepping for FET in Dec (long lupron) so I was thinking of 1x/wk for 3 wks leading up, and then pre/post transfer with one more a few days later?

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I've been seeing an acupuncturist for a couple of years now, and pay $90 a visit. This year, because of all our IVF expenses, I'll be able to claim it on my taxes, yay!

I would go in for a consult and see what your practioner specifically recommends given that you are trying to limit the expense. I would definitely try and go right before and after ET, but that can be hard to time, so it would be good to have an understanding with the acupuncturist beforehand.

Depending on where I am with cycling, I see mine 2-4 times a month, plus the day of ET; right before and right after to increase blood flow to the uterus and reduce any cramping.

@katers79 I think planning to see yours every week leading up is a great idea, but mine doesn't want to see after you do the ET day-of treatments, until after beta, so you should see what yours recommends, so you aren't "wasting" one of your treatments.   

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"