Parenting

Work Out Thread 10/27 - 11/01

How is everyone doing? Plans for this week? Any ideas, tips, healthy recipes, etc. you want to share?

Re: Work Out Thread 10/27 - 11/01

• Loading the player...
  • I missed my workout because DS is a jerk (see randoms thread).

Maybe if I am up to it I will try to get out for a walk/run after work. It is supposed to be 70 today, then snow by Saturday, so I want to take advantage. We'll see. Right now I feel like I could, but I'm sue by 3:00 the 2 hours of sleep will catch up to me. 

image image
  • My half marathon is in less than a month. (!!) I'm feeling pretty good about it mostly bc I've made time to run during the week after work and before I go home. I did 10 miles on Sun and I didn't want to completely die at the end, so that's a win.

I'm also down 8lbs since starting training for the half. Also since weaning the twins. I could fit into my PP clothes before, but they actually are starting to feel good on me again.

• I'm really trying to get back into a routine.  I walked for an hour with a friend on Sunday but did nothing yesterday b/c I was too tired.  I did do 30DS level 2 this morning after my 5 a.m. pump.  I really like working out in the morning b/c then it's done for the day.  I also feel like it helps me be more mindful of what I'm eating.  I've also started tracking on MFP again. 

I think on Thursday I'm going to go try out the 9 Rounds that's by me.  If I like it, I think I'll do that on T/Th/Sa mornings and just fill in the rest of the days with dvd's at home and running. 

We go to the Dominican in February so that's my motivation.  Well, getting out of my maternity clothes is my first goal...:(
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The gym was H last night was great. I used to make myself feel like he was judging me but I finally got over myself and realized how helpful he was trying to be. We worked at lot on free weight stuff so I could feel more confident working on those things solo. I tend to default to machines when I'm on my own and don't know what to do. We are heading back tonight and I get to do deadlifts again, which means I'll be really sore tomorrow.

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • I used to make myself feel like he was judging me but I finally got over myself and realized how helpful he was trying to be.

I have this issue with H. None of my friends are into running or working out. I need someone to keep me motivated but I can't afford a trainer. So H tries to push me and motivate me but my reaction is always 'are you calling me fat!?' I know it's stupid and irrational but having him say hey you need to get your workout in or I think you should run today just pushes the wrong button. If I could get over that he really would make a great support person.

I'm really glad your workout went well! Maybe I'll take your lead and try to realize H is just trying to help.

• I'm still waffling. I think I'm getting sick and feel a lot worse than I did this morning. I want to work out though.
  • Hi all! I really slacked last week from everyone being sick. And my eating has been horrible! I'm starting back tracking my food so hopefully that will help get me back on track. Question for everyone though. I've been going to the gym on average 2-3 times a week and cleaned up my eating significantly. I have still yet to loose a pound or inch. Wold you maybe bring it up with a doctor, or just wait it out. I'm feeling very defeated right now, and wondering if maybe there isn't something else going on.
    When you track your food, do you stay pretty close to your goal? If you are eating too little (especially on gym days) that can cause you to not lose any weight.
    I definetly stay within my range. I have my bad days, but even when i am on point i dont see a change.
    How is your protein intake? I tend to notice better results when I eat more high protein foods and stay away from "bad" carbs (white bread, sugar) Also how much water are you drinking? This was another thing that really made a difference for me.

• Hi all! I really slacked last week from everyone being sick. And my eating has been horrible! I'm starting back tracking my food so hopefully that will help get me back on track. Question for everyone though. I've been going to the gym on average 2-3 times a week and cleaned up my eating significantly. I have still yet to loose a pound or inch. Wold you maybe bring it up with a doctor, or just wait it out. I'm feeling very defeated right now, and wondering if maybe there isn't something else going on.
    When you track your food, do you stay pretty close to your goal? If you are eating too little (especially on gym days) that can cause you to not lose any weight.
    I definetly stay within my range. I have my bad days, but even when i am on point i dont see a change.
    How is your protein intake? I tend to notice better results when I eat more high protein foods and stay away from "bad" carbs (white bread, sugar) Also how much water are you drinking? This was another thing that really made a difference for me.

• @bakersck you can't be in the work out thread with a cupcake avatar. That's just cruel. Get out.

Just kidding of course. But I really do want a cupcake now.
  • How much water should you drink everyday? I don't think I drink nearly enough. Normally only about 40 or 50 oz.

2 Beautiful Boys 11.7.03 & 4.23.13
  • Did anyone else notice they took a lot of workouts off Amazon prime instant video?

• @lolapop29 A good rule of thumb for minimum water intake is 1/2 your body weight in ounces. So if I were to weigh 100lbs I should be drinking 50oz of water at a minimum, more is better. I have no conversion for our Canadian friends on the metric system. Sorreh :)

• @lolapop29 A good rule of thumb for minimum water intake is 1/2 your body weight in ounces. So if I were to weigh 100lbs I should be drinking 50oz of water at a minimum, more is better. I have no conversion for our Canadian friends on the metric system. Sorreh :)
    Thanks! I should be drink way more... 

• Lolapop29 said:
    @lolapop29 A good rule of thumb for minimum water intake is 1/2 your body weight in ounces. So if I were to weigh 100lbs I should be drinking 50oz of water at a minimum, more is better. I have no conversion for our Canadian friends on the metric system. Sorreh :)
    It will seem like you are ALWAYS drinking when you start getting to the right # of oz and then as a result always having to pee. I drink about 5 32oz bottles of water a day at a minimum now and I'm constantly refilling and running off to the ladies room. Now that is a lot more than my minimum amount but between working out and bfing it is what it takes to keep me from feeling thristy.

• Lolapop29 said:
    @lolapop29 A good rule of thumb for minimum water intake is 1/2 your body weight in ounces. So if I were to weigh 100lbs I should be drinking 50oz of water at a minimum, more is better. I have no conversion for our Canadian friends on the metric system. Sorreh :)
    It will seem like you are ALWAYS drinking when you start getting to the right # of oz and then as a result always having to pee. I drink about 5 32oz bottles of water a day at a minimum now and I'm constantly refilling and running off to the ladies room. Now that is a lot more than my minimum amount but between working out and bfing it is what it takes to keep me from feeling thristy.

• Lolapop29 said:

• Lolapop29 said:

• Just got back from the gym. Proud of myself for going, but working out with a cold sucks balls. I still did ok, but just trained lower body and left. No cardio today. Oh well. All the weighted walking lunges and box step ups he had me doing definitely raised my heart rate
    image image
  • I ran 3mi yesterday after work - I'm trying to do hills (and still maintain pace) during my short runs but hot damn it's not easy.

I've also been battling some overuse issues - hip and knee bursitis, but a good icing after has been key.

Re: tracking and food, I've noticed a difference when I cut way down on artificial sweetener w overall gas/bloating. I'm too much of a sugar/carb addict to go while hog on paleo but I can def tell a difference when I really live by "everything in moderation".

• @carrotcake06‌, I cut out artificial sweeteners about 3 years ago, and I totally noticed a difference.
    image image
  • Working on my belly and my butts 15 minutes every morning...Hope I can motivate myself to do more :)
  • I worked out this morning and Monday. I missed yesterday but I'm going to blame the baby for that. Waking up all night, although she did have shots Monday so that's probably why.

I have been really discouraged about my weight lately. I have been really good about my eating in the past but not so much since pregnancy. I need to cut out bread again, I think. It makes me puffy. And drink more water. This thread is good motivation for both, thanks everyone!
  • I had another great workout yesterday with my H. @thewalkingdude I'm super impressed by your deadlift! I'm at right around 100lbs right now and I have a love/hate thing going on with them and I feel the exact same way about lifting vs cardio. Last night I decided I'd do the stair climber for cardio and I was drenched in sweat at the end of my 30 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"