May 2014 Moms

Breastfeeding check in

edited October 2014 in May 2014 Moms
How's breastfeeding going this week? Any issues?

How old is LO ? How long between feedings? What is the longest LO sleeps at night?

EBF, EP, supplementing, started solids?

Raves and rants?

Anything else you want to share?

Re: Breastfeeding check in

• How's breastfeeding going this week? Any issues? Good but i have a clogged duct that doesn't seem to want to go away.

How old is LO ? How long between feedings? What is the longest LO sleeps at night? 5.5 months, 2-3 hours during the day and night. We had 3 really good nights where she was only up 4 times. But now she's sick so it seems we're back to comfort nursing every 1-2hours.

EBF, EP, supplementing, started solids? EBF

Rant? DD will no longer NIP, she gets way too distracted. I got her to nurse a little bit in the car while we were out house hunting Sunday but even that is way too exciting for her. Cranky baby = cranky DH!

• Loading the player...
  • How's breastfeeding going this week? Any issues?
    It's going well, can't complain.

How old is LO ? How long between feedings? What is the longest LO sleeps at night?
    She will be 23 weeks tomorrow. She's normally about 2-2.5 hours between feedings during the day. And teething has started so we get a four hour stretch now instead of 6-7.

EBF, tried a few things but she wasn't having it. So we will wait a little longer. Gave her mushed banana piece and celery stick, she did not like either.

Raves and rants?
    Rave: I'm glad I'm able to nurse her this long
    Rant: because she's teething, she's waking up every two hours at night after her four hour stretch. Last night it was 12, 2:30, 4:30, and up at 6:30 :-( Starting to feel like the first few weeks of nursing around the clock.

My inlaws bought us a jogging stroller that eventually can be towed on a bike! Tried it out last night and went on a run with DD this morning!
  • How's breastfeeding going this week? Any issues? Going great!

How old is LO ? How long between feedings? What is the longest LO sleeps at night? DD will be 6 months on Thursday. To be honest, not sure how long between feedings. 3-4 hours maybe? Sleeps through the night - about 12 hours.

EBF, EP, supplementing, started solids? We were doing solids for breakfast and dinner, both followed by BF and strictly BF for lunch. Just had to start solids for lunch too. BM alone is no longer cutting it :(

Raves and rants? I try and pump to have a freezer stash (I had one and lost the whole thing during our move two months ago) but I'm getting almost nothing when I pump. It's so frustrating. The only way I can get a decent amount is if I pump while DD nurses which is just annoying. 

• Hi all!  For some reason I just now found my way to the birth month boards.  

Generally pretty well.  When his teeth are bothering LO he can get pretty rough, but otherwise no issues recently.

6 months on Sunday.  During the day 2-2.5 hours.  At night... he gets up anywhere from 2 to 3 times, so once in awhile I'll get a good 4 hour stretch of sleep.

BM and some solids for fun.  He has purees at DC.  I give him oatmeal at home, and then let him gnaw on whatever we're eating (celery, chicken etc)

Raves and rants? 
    So glad to have the Bump for advice and moral support.

My initial goal was 6 months, but I enjoy BF a lot more than I expected.  I've been reading the extended breastfeeding board, and I'd like to continue after a year, if we can.
    Great. He is like some PP said, very distracted during day feedings.

5m 1wk. With distracted feeding-every 2 hrs. Undritracted a little over 3hrs. Goes 4-5 hours at night most he has ever slept is 6 straight. He does dream eat at night so I say he sleeps from 10pm to 10 am. Never even opens his eyes to eat.

EBF No solids yet. We will wait till after the 6 month mark. We have let him play with a training sippy cup that has a nipple on it. We put and oz of water and he seemed to like the taste. Of course I thing he only got .25 of it out. :)
    Raves and rants?
    Rave - So glad we got this far. Going back to work on Tues with a stash of a little over 350oz in the freezer. Hopefully we can make it to the 6 month mark.
    Rant- stupid breastpump from my insurance is already kicking the bucket. Need to call to see if they cover a replacement.

Even though I'm a STM (19yrs apart!) I have learned so much more this time around. I had my 1st at a very young age and never planned on having more kids. I am enjoying being a mommy of a baby so much DH and I are planning to be pregnant by the end of next year :D

I'm on my second round of antibiotics for mastitis. Ugh. DD is mostly refusing to BF from the affected side, so I'm having to pump that side. Also, DD teething and I think it when it's bad it hurts her to nurse. Crying and pulling off while latched on, but desperate to eat. At least that one I can help her with a dose of tylenol.

She's 5 months and change, I forget the number of weeks. Three hours during the day, occasionally four if she has a super long nap. At night now we're back down to 4-5 hours for the longest stretch (for a while it was 7-8).

BF and supplementing, and just experimenting with solids. This kid hates fruit and loves veggies so far. ????

Raves and rants?

Raves -- BF at the moment and I love watching her ferocious intent look as she launches onto the breast. And the sweet milky baby smell gets me. Every time.

Rants -- Mastitis is awful. I have an appt next week and they're thinking maybe it's an abscess if my symptoms haven't improved by then.

I can't believe we're approaching by second goal of 6 months. BF has been so much more of a struggle than I expected before LO arrived, but I am so grateful to have been able to stick with it.
  • KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited November 2014
    @Lissiehoya‌ , thanks, I was thinking of you and @MK1013‌ -- you've both had it tougher than I have. It gives me hope to hear how well things are going for you now!

Edited because I'm BF/napping with LO and doing clumsy mobile typing.
  • @MK1013 and @Katzalia - so sorry you're dealing with stupid boob issues - way to be troopers.  I hope everything clears up quickly for both of you!
    @Lissiehoya - glad to hear you're not dealing with any stupid boob issues!

Going well!  No issues except for distracted nursing like many PPs have mentioned.  I didn't get engorged enough to pump this weekend like normal, which slightly worries me as far as my supply is concerned, but LO seemed content with what he was getting, so I need to chill!

5 months and some days.  About 3 hours between feedings.  Sometimes we go 6-7 hours at night, and other nights it's 3-4.  

EBF - pumping at work.  Haven't started solids yet.  Just figuring out when to do it.  Pedi said between 5-6 months, and I want to have a few food I know DS isn't allergic to to give him when we're at MILs over Thanksgiving when he turns 6 months.  Maybe next weekend we'll start...maybe the weekend after that...

Raves and rants?  Rave - I've been pretty lucky to have such uneventful bf'ing experiences with both kids!  Rant - DS has been clingy and cry-y lately.  Probably a leap or something, but it's hard to take care of him and give DD some time too (and myself and DH some time!)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"