April 2014 Moms
Options

Formula feeders

How many ounces are you giving and how often? We are moving towards formula only- this wkd we did expressed milk and formula giving her 5 oz every 2.5-3 hours; not sure if that's enough or if I can up the oz? There were a couple times she didn't finish the 5 oz. TIA!

Re: Formula feeders

• Options
    DD eats 6 oz for each bottle. I up her oz when she's drinking all of of it and still acting hungry consecutively for each bottle
  • Options
    It depends for us. He's going through some teething and a growth spurt, so he can eat anywhere from 4-6 oz per bottle every 2-3 hours.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    First bottle of the day 7 oz every 3 hours following 6oz .
  • Options
    I offer 6-7oz when he is showing hunger signs. We don't really have a schedule. Sometimes he eats it all, sometimes not. He averages about 35oz/day but during growth spurts ate around 40oz/day. He's also a big boy at 28 inches long!
  • Options
    I make bottles about 4.5-5 oz. If it's not enough, LO lets me know. :) At daycare she has been known to have up to 7.
  • Options
    My girls have 5-6 bottles a day from the hours of 6AM to 7 PM. Their bottles have 4-6 ounces and they average 25-28 ounces a day total. I also just started solids this week.

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Options
    5 8oz bottles.  1 serving of cereal and 1 serving of veggies.  Last bottle around 6:30/7.  Sleeps 7pm-7:30am
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I give 6 oz every 3 ish hours. I'm considering upping it a bit to see if he would go longer, but idk I don't really care if he eats every three hours I guess. I think if I upped it he wouldn't finish it a lot of the time. He doesn't always finish the 6.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    Thanks ladies- I may try to up it to 6 oz to see if she takes it, good to know the 2.5-3 hours is typical at this age! I read somewhere they can go 4 hours during the day which I found odd as I get hungry after 3 hours or less myself!
  • Options
    Dd drinks 5 6oz bottles a day, every 3 hours between 7am-7pm. She is 6 months, 17 lbs and eats one meal of solids.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are at 4 7oz bottles a day. Every once in a while we add a 2 or 4 oz bottle at the end of the day. We are doing some solids during the day but nothing substantial.

**Warning - Child Mentioned**

Me: 33, DH: 39   Unexplained Infertility

4 IUIs (chlomid) in 2013 which resulted in DS born in April 2014

TTC #2 since August 2015

5 rounds of IUIs (1 chlomid: resistent, 1 femara, 3 gonal f) = all BFN

ER March 9: 26 eggs retrieved, 19 mature and 17 fertilized, 8 made it to genetic testing, 4 normal!

FET #1 5/31 = BFN

FET#2 7/26 = BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    O won't eat more than 4 at a time. Sometimes less, because she's not as hungry. Since we started solids it's been rough gauging how much she eats. She does eat roughly 2oz in the middle of the night. And 5-6 4oz bottles throughout the day.
  • Options
    DS has 4-5 6oz bottles a day with three meals of purees. He is a big boy..almost 20 lbs and 29.5 inches long!

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    Mason has been taking 6-7oz every four to five hours and around 8oz at night. He has recently been waking up at night for a top off....growing boy!!
  • Options
    5 oz every 3 hours except her 1st and last feeding is 6 oz with 1 oz oatmeal w/puree
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"