Working Moms
Options

What's in your crockpot!?

I love the crockpot and make a crockpot every Monday (my longest day of work). I need some new ideas! What are some of your favorite recipes?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's in your crockpot!?

• Options
    We have been doing crock pot French dips. A London broil, can of beef broth, can of French onion soup. Shred near when done and put on a roll.
    Another favorite is chicken fajitas. Chicken breast, peppers and onions , cup of chicken stock, packet of taco season. Shred chicken when done and easy on flour tortilla.

• Options
    Check out Six Sisters Stuff. They have an amazing array of crock pot (and other) meals. We had the Sesame Chicken last night, it's been a favorite for awhile!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you sounds Yumo! Our favorite is cream cheese chicken. Chicken breast, cup of chicken stock, 8oz bar of cream cheese, chopped onion and broccoli.

• Options

I do turkey chili often and it comes out great. We have also done enchiladas a few times that come out great.

• Options
    sugarbear0524sugarbear0524 member
    edited October 2014
    Beef and barley stew. And french dips, as mentioned above, only we add a beer to the broth. Yummy!
  • Options
    We do chicken parmesan frequently. So easy and turns out great - as long as you don't cook more than four hours.
  • Options
  • Options
    Stuffed green peppers were made in it last night (google any recipe, really)

I also do chili, fajitas, pulled pork, a myriad of soups.  I have the large Fix it and Forget It crockpot cookbook.   I use mine 2-3x/week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We have been doing crock pot French dips. A London broil, can of beef broth, can of French onion soup. Shred near when done and put on a roll.

Thanks for this idea! I was lurking in this thread and decided to try it and it was so good, even my 6yo loved it.

I wish I had ideas to share but DH usually hates crockpot foods. We typically use it to cook plain chicken breasts that we shred and freeze and later use to mix with other meals.
  • Options

I used to hate crockpot meals.  They all ended up looking like the same brown blob.  Newer (and cleaner) crockpot recipes are totally different.  Also using a newer crockpot with a timer that kicks over to warm really helps. 

I may have shared this before but it is delicious.  Skinny Taste has a ton of great crockpot meals for anyone looking for some that don't contain cream of soups and a ton of sodium.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/crock-pot-balsamic-pork-roast.html

• Options
    @Mom2OliStill‌

What's your blog? You are the crock pot queen.
  • Options

I used to hate crockpot meals.  They all ended up looking like the same brown blob.  Newer (and cleaner) crockpot recipes are totally different.  Also using a newer crockpot with a timer that kicks over to warm really helps. 

I may have shared this before but it is delicious.  Skinny Taste has a ton of great crockpot meals for anyone looking for some that don't contain cream of soups and a ton of sodium.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/crock-pot-balsamic-pork-roast.html

Agree!  That exact recipe is a go-to for my family.  I've even made it for company!
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options

I use the leftovers as filling on soft tacos the next day.  I add salsa for "taco" flavors.  Or you can do a lime vinaigrette and broccoli slaw mix for a different style soft taco.

• Options

Since it's your longest day - for anything over 8 hours I like to stick with roasts as they do well over longer periods.

IE Pork Butt - cover in Root beer - leave on for entirety of your work day. Come home, drain, then shred the meat and mix in with your favorite BBQ sauce = really good pulled pork.

We do this now with Cherry Coke and a splash of liquid smoke.

• Options
    I made beef stew (variation of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook recipe) today, cooked on high for 4 hours.  Came out beautifully.  We are having some of it for lunches tomorrow, and I froze the rest for later in the week.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    @Mom2OliStill‌ What's your blog? You are the crock pot queen.
    I am sorry I forgot to check in lol

My recipe collection is at https://kitchentandav.blogspot.com

I love crock pot recipes, I have 2 programmable crock pots and am looking to buy a wifi one next so I can control it from my phone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"