TTC after 35

One-two Punch

My temp dropped pretty significantly today, which I was trying not to be super bummed about. Estrogen surge, right? (Right?)

Anyway, a few hours later I find out that an ex of mine and his new wife are having a baby. I bear them no ill will -- sincerely. They're much better suited to one another and even though he and I had a basically awful and short-lived relationship, I want happiness for him. And she seems very excellent.

All that said: finding that out was just like a punch in the gut. My temp-drop optimism seemed to just evaporate.

So I'm on my way to the gym to attempt to sweat out my negative feelings; maybe that'll help.

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: One-two Punch

• That sucks. Hugs.
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • That's like a punch in your gut when you're already down. Take it on the elliptical machines!
  • Loading the player...
  • The drop doesnt necessarily mean anything. Your LP appears to be 11 days and today is only 8dpo. Could be an implantation drop for all you know.

As for the ex, I'm sorry, I know that is hard to stomach - even if it has no bearing on you and your current journey. Hope those endorphins help you cope a bit.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • sorry @tmorash - but here's hoping it's just an implantation dip!
  • Thanks ladies. The gym helped, of course; it always does.

I hope you're right about implantation! No symptoms really, other than the very mild cramping that I'm 99% certain actually lives in my impatient brain and not my uterus. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• tmorash said:
    Thanks ladies. The gym helped, of course; it always does. I hope you're right about implantation! No symptoms really, other than the very mild cramping that I'm 99% certain actually lives in my impatient brain and not my uterus. :)

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. ;)
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Ugh, glad the the gym helped!

Fingers crossed that the temp drop is nothing or even better...implementation!!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Ugh, it's always hard to hear things like that. My ex husband never wanted kids (neither did I at the time) but a while after we split he met a girl and ended up having an unplanned pregnancy. It's even harder now that MH and I are actively trying.
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad the gym helped. FX you get a temp rise in the next few days.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• hooligans4hooligans4 member
    edited October 2014
    I hate when everything crappy happens at the same time. I agree that it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
    Shhhhh no singing!!!!

Edit to look for a shhhhing emoji which the don't make grrrrrrrr.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Stinks about the ex.  Seems like now that I'm TTC everyone I hate is ending up PG. :( FX for you, hoping the temp drop is inplantation.  
  • Sorry for the rough day. Don't count yourself out just yet.
  • good luck, did AF arrive? or like everyone else is hoping, implantation!!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • You're not out yet. Glad you got a good workout in. 

Do you ever participate in cardio kickboxing classes? I found them great places to take out frustration when I was a gym member. I used to hypothetically pummel my boss at the time.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• No AF yet, but I have a couple days yet I think before she "should" arrive. It's only my second cycle temping so it's hard to know what exactly to expect.

My temp is back up today! Which I was of course happy to see but then overlaying last cycle and this one I see that I had a very similar drop and rise around the same time, so...it could just as easily be nothing. Steady as she goes. Trying to remain optimistic without getting my hopes too high; it's such a precarious balance to acheive, isn't it?

@URMySunshine77 I haven't done cardio kickboxing, but I bet I would find it very therapeutic! The class I went to was a circuit-style bootcamp, and the circuit changes every class, so we did squats, speed skaters, turkish get-ups, TRX planks, slam ball box jumps, and a ton more. It's a great workiout and good for taking your mind off all other things.

Over the past couple years, I've found that exercise is so so good for maintaining a healthy mindspace. I've had bouts of depression in the past, and although self-medicating in other ways can be tempting, it (obviously) never works out in the long run. Exercise, on the other hand, makes me feel great in the short term (so long as I can motivate myself to get to the gym), and healthy and confident in the long run. It's just as effective (or probably more effective) than medication, for me,and the only real side-effect is sore muscles (and after Saturday and Sunday...boy are they sore this morning).

BabyFruit Ticker

• FX the drop was nothing and possible an anomaly.  

Exercise is great!!  Even great for  TTC! It helps on the body in so many ways.  I need to get back into it.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• @ABabyMaybe4us Thanks! I started working out regularly last fall, and really threw myself into it. Since running a 10-mile road race here at the end of July, I gave myself a "break" which extended a little further than I'd intended. I was still running fairly regularly, but the gym dropped off, as the boot camp studio I attended closed and I was adrift looking for a new gym.

Anyway, I signed up for a new gym last week and the promotion includes five personal training sessions! I just made my first appointment for next Monday morning before work! Nervous and excited to get back on track!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @tmorash - ooo, new gym! I'm trying to get back into the habit myself. I had a dislocated foot from May - Sept and it pretty much had me benched that whole time. Needless to say my habits are horrible at this point and I'm struggling to get back into the swing of things. I do a boot camp on Mondays and then tapes at home the rest of the week. I really want to rejoin the barre class but I need to wait to be in a little bit better shape so I make it through the class!!
  • @WinoGrrlSorry to hear about your foot; hopefully you're all mended now? It's so easy to let it slide and fall out of the habit! I was in the best shape of my life just a few months ago, after losing around 70 pounds over the course of a couple years, and while I haven't totally let everything go, I know that I've lost a lot of my conditioning, just since the end of July!

I've heard the barre classes are great, but my new gym doesn't offer them, unfortunately. But it does have a good variety of classes at many different times of day (no excuses!), a large free weight section, which is great because I'm interested in learning more about "lifting heavy" (barbell training, etc.), *and* it has towel service and a sauna. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Glad your temp is back up--good luck!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• @tmorash yup, foot is finally healed after having a boot for most of September! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"