March 2015 Moms
Options

Trader Joe's

What are your favorite things from TJs?? I think I'm going to make a visit tomorrow and want to try some new stuff instead of getting the same old same old.

Re: Trader Joe's

• Options
    They have this premade steel cut oatmeal in the frozen section. DD loves it and it's a great quick breakfast when there's no time to cook. Not too sweet and it's filling. I can't remember if you have dogs but their lamb dog food is great and only $10 a bag. I used to buy Nutro which is quite expensive and I find it to be comparable.

My absolute favorite thing in TJs is their lobster ravioli. It is awesome! It's in the refrigerated section. Second favorite is a Mushroom Risotto (frozen bag). It is like the best risotto I think I've had. Ready in 5 minutes on the stove. It's rich and creamy and very flavorful. I have to cook 2 bags at a time because everyone wants seconds.

This time of year they will also have everything pumpkin. I tend not to dig that but they have this Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle mix that is quite good.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Our staples- Pumpkin butter, shredder parmesean, vanilla coconut milk, stoned wheat thins, jasmine green tea, roasted red peppers, pesticide free frozen spinach, and tea tree oil face wash.
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dammit you guys have made me hungry! Off to find something to eat and the pickings are slim :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Triple ginger snaps, cheddar and horseradish chips, truffle flatbread, chicken egg rolls, jalapeño cilantro hummus, and pita crackers. And the lobster ravioli, like everyone else said. It's amazing!
  • Options
    Was just thinking I need to go to TJ's this morning. I like their peanut butter, asparagus risotto, all their canned items (art hearts, beans) sugar free dried cranberries, burritos- pretty much everything except for their fruit. Their fruit tends to go bad after three days. Oh and their salsa verde with black bean chips - I can eat that all day.
  • Options
    Frozen multigrain french toast and they have awesome frozen oatmeal.
  • Options
    I second the precooked lentils. We also love the olive tapenade (refrigerated) -it's great on their multigrain pita crackers! Broccoli slaw with cilantro dressing is a great quick side. Mahi mahi burgers (frozen) are yummy! That's all I can think of right now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I second the salsa Verde and the black bean quinoa chips. Also pumpkin jojos, coconut oil (it's cheap there), triple ginger snaps, chocolate or pumpkin croissants, frozen green beans, cookie butter, Chicago style popcorn mix, pumpkin muffin and bread mix, frozen enchiladas, Asparagus risotto.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Olive oil is cheap here, too!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man now I'm inspired to take my inaugural trip!
  • Options
    Our staples:
    Punjab Choli (packaged food)
    Garlic Naan
    almond butter, reduced sugar apricot jam, and wheat berry bread (I call it a love sandwich...)
    Omega 3 trail mix
    Vegetable Flax Chips and salsa
    Chicken taquitos
    Coconut milk
    Frozen brown rice
    Frozen pepper and onion blend
    Frozen Mango Chunks (my FAVE)
    Sea salt brownies
    Crumpets
    Cranberry bran muffins
    Turkey meatballs
    Ground Beef
    Coconut water
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    All their mexican items. Salsa. Frozen burritos. 
    This - and my favorite are their tamales, especially the cheese and green chile ones.  Yum.

I also like the black bean and quinoa corn chips.
  • Options
    I'm just in love with the fact that they have SO MUCH gluten-free food. Makes a celiac girl happy.
    Daisypath Vacation tickersBabyFetus Ticker
    Married 19 October 2013
    TTC since June 2014
    BFP: 3 July 2014
    EDD: Pi Day 2015
  • Options
    Haps92907Haps92907 member
    edited October 2014
    It's been over 6 years since I lived near a Trader Joes, and I still miss it!
  • Options
    They have a bag of tiny sweet potatoes that are awesome to microwave. In 4 minutes you can have a fully done potato and they make for great snacks with butter and brown sugar :)
  • Options
    This is making me want to go there today! I love their triple berry granola, yogurt, better than butter, garlic salsa, all their frozen burritos & my hubby & son loved the orange chicken & edamame. Now I wanna take this list there tomorrow:)
  • Options
    Mediterranean hummus - best hummus I've ever tasted!
  • Options
    This is probably my favorite thread thus far. You need these. I've never met anyone who didn't love them.
    image.jpg 1005.9K
  • Options
    And now I want to drive an hour to our nearest TJs.... Damnit!!
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    Thanks, gals, I'm definitely adding a ton of this to my list :)
  • Options
    Oh forgot the chocolate covered potato chips, so good!!!
  • Options
    The frozen chimichuri is incredible. As is the frozen chocolate croissants. I also make the best French toast ever with their cinnamon swirl bread

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    :( we don't have a trader joes where I live. I've never been to one. Sounds delicious, though.
  • Options
    Now Im thinking of taking the half hour drive to go to the closest trader joes today haha. Its funny someone posted a picture of those Dunkers because I just was looking at a post of them on baby Gizmo! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo march_zps6c968eb7.png
    BFP! June 25, 2014        EDD: 3/4/15
    Married May 2011 
    Me 27 -- DH 31 
    Loving parents of 2 beautiful chihuahuas 
  • Options
    This might have to be my after nap trip.At least the drive to Tampa is ok on a Sunday.

Staples:

Orange chicken
    Frozen jasmine and brown rice
    fruit spread
    greek yogurt guac (soooo good)
    cinnamon graham crackers

I am going to check out some of the other frozen meal suggestions you girls have listed. TJs is my favorite place to stock up on quick meals (I try to tell myself it's healthier than the reg grocer but i know its probably not)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    thursdaythursday member
    edited October 2014
    I love their Chai, Orange Chicken and Lemon Grass Chicken egg rolls. I really have never had anything I didn't like.
  • Options
    We love their tortellini because it's so good and it's like half the price of store brand!
    Also, the jalapeño pub cheese and the Caramelized onion dip are both amazing !
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Good time killing website for the TJ's obsessed:

• Options
    I am going to TJs right now.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My favorites have already been mentioned, but if you use coconut oil, their organic variety is the least expensive I've seen.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    Black bean dip
    Australian red licorice
    Frozen mushroom medley (this with sausage and ravioli is great! Red sauce is giving me heart burn :( )
    Frozen chicken gyoza
    Frozen macaroons
    Frozen Balsamic veg (with turkey sausage and some peppers great quick meal)
    Frozen fried rice
    Frozen chow mein
    Hummus
    Packaged steam veg options
    Pumpkin salad mix
    Cider
    Tangerine juice (if you like really tart)

photo 2eaeec32-4781-4bd4-a9e0-fe86f486b516.jpg

~~~~For SuzyQ and all our loss moms~~~~

Met: 02.2007 / Engaged: 11.21.2009 / Married: 07.09.2010

EDD: 03.02.2015 / Scheduled Delivery Date: 02.25.2015

• Options
    Gorgonzola gnocchi (in the frozen section) - SO good!

We also make a great pizza w/ their premade pizza dough and alfredo sauce, topped w/ roasted broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese.  Yum.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lobster ravioli
    Chicken chile lime burgers
    Pre-cooked lentils
    Garlic naan
    Scallion pancakes
    Red curry
    Mushroom risotto
    Crunchy peanut butter
    Veggie sticks
    Power berries
    Dark chocolate peanut butter cups

I live next door to a TJs and it is HEAVEN.
    miscarriage 4/16/14 . new baby due 3/14/15!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Has no one said speculoos/cookie butter mix? Cause that.

Mushroom ravioli and risotto, organic corn tortilla chips, bacon cheese that we cut up and put on crackers, blueberry goat cheese, orange chicken, chicken fried rice, macarons, organic pita rounds, ciabatta loaves for $1.99, green juice, frozen chocolate covered banana slices, PB&J chocolate bars, peanut butter fiber bars, coconut cranberry granola, dried fruit and nuts for the cheapest I've found, spinach kale yogurt dip, red pepper tomato soup... These are staples I buy every time I go
  • Options
    Salted Caramel Gelato. Yum.
  • Options
    Chinese pork buns. O.M.G.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    JCWhiteyJCWhitey member
    edited October 2014
    First of all, I hate you so much for this post.  Or maybe it's this dinky no TJ's town I live in that I'm not happy with...

Anyway, the kieshes they have are amazing!  The ones in the freezer section, I can't remember the brand name.  I ate one of those for lunch every day back when I worked across the parking lot from Trader Joe's.  Also they have this fantastic pesto and sun dried tomato chip dip that I am seriously drooling over just thinking about it.  Unfortunately the one by my old house never had it.  In fact I've only been to two that did.  If you an find it, and like that sort of thing, enjoy some for me!

ETA: It's called "Sun Dried Tomato and Pesto Torta".  Here is an image of the deliciousness.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"