Formula Feeding

Question for you ladies! Same formula?

So with my DD I couldn't breastfeed. I'm a type 1 diabetic and my milk came in 8 days after I had my DD. However my DD ended up having a protein allergy so she couldn't be on regular formula. It went from regular to formula for gas and upset tummies and then to enfamil AR. This seems to be a family thing since my mom breastfed myself, my sister and my brother but we all ended up having a protein allergy so we had to be on prosobee.
I'm wondering when I have another baby, if I should go straight to AR. Would love some insight. I'm worried I should give up on breastfeeding since idk if I will have milk within the first day. I'm not comfortable with letting a baby go hungry.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

Re: Question for you ladies! Same formula?

• I would start with regular formula and change if needed

If your kids really have a milk protein allergy, enfamil AR is not an appropriate formula for that anyways.

• Agree with PP's. LO had to use AR for spit up but next go around if we use formula, I'm starting out with the store brand and only going expensive/specialty if we have to. I wouldn't assume anything unless you know for sure--you can waste a lot of money that way! 
  • Loading the player...
  • rexgirl06 said:

Agree with PP's. LO had to use AR for spit up but next go around if we use formula, I'm starting out with the store brand and only going expensive/specialty if we have to. I wouldn't assume anything unless you know for sure--you can waste a lot of money that way! 

I'm not worried about cost of formula.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"