March 2014 Moms
Options

Which carseat are you using?

angelsnightangelsnight member
edited October 2014 in March 2014 Moms
LO is getting too heavy to carry in her bucket seat (or I'm too weak). Recently she's been sitting in the seat part of the cart at stores, and today she did great in the stroller without the bucket seat. If I'm not going to use the portability factor of it, I'm thinking of just switching her to the convertible now. Which one are you using, and if you care to share, when did you switch if you started with the bucket?
Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Which carseat are you using? 136 votes

LO has been in the bucket since day one and still is
72% 99 votes
LO started in the bucket but is now in the convertible
25% 35 votes
LO has been in the convertible since day one
0% 1 vote
SS
0% 1 vote

Re: Which carseat are you using?

• Options
    Lo is in the bucket but I stopped carrying her in it a long time ago...probably once she hit four months. I would wear her in stores and now she can sit in the carts no problem.
  • Options
    We just switched to convertible a few days ago.
    I've been telling DH for 2 months that we needed to switch because I keep pulling a muscle in my back trying to get the bucket into and out of the truck.
    Finally got it switched. Weighed LO today...19 lbs. I think it was time. #-o
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Will is going to be in the bucket forever.
  • Options
    J is in the Britax Roundabout convertible now. So far we like it. We switched from the bucket to the convertible about a month ago when he was around 20 lbs. and 27 inches.
  • Options
    Still in the bucket but mainly because my husband hasn't installed the convertible yet. I'm hoping to make the switch within the next week, she's just too heavy for me.

Same

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    Still in the bucket but I leave the seat in the car.
        image  image

• Options
    I don't wanna pay for a convertible. :(( Bucket forevaaaa!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Still in a bucket mostly because it's easier for me to get him into and out of the house when I'm also with DD (which is always). I no longer use it with the stroller though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The boys are still in buckets. We'll be switching to diono pacificas at some point
  • Options

......... I'm dreading having to wake him up when he falls asleep after daycare (**wherever we've been**) to get him in the house...

^^ this is why we delayed so long. Sometimes the carseat nap is the only break I get some days.
  • Options
    We bought the Chicco Nextfit Zip, and we love it. He isn't crazy about being in the car period. We switched him over at 6 months when he hit 30". It has amazing ratings, it's super cushy, and the whole lining zips out to go in the washing machine.
  • Options
    Still in the bucket but she's too heavy to carry. It is nice to use the click connect feature with our stroller if she's sleeping. Other than that, I take her out every time.

• Options
    We bought convertibles when they were on sale a couple of months ago. We just installed them last weekend.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I voted SS. We installed the convertible around 6 months bc our cat peed In the bucket and we were going out of town that day. I managed to get the bucket seat cleaned and get rid of the smell after several days of cleaning. Since I already installed the convertible and the bucket is a pain the carry around, I use the convertible. DH has a two door civic, aka super small, so he uses the bucket since it's much easier to get in her and out of his car with it.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    We are still in the bucket, too cheap to buy the convertible.  Have not carried her in the bucket for almost 2 months, just leave it in the Jeep. she is too dang heavy to carry her and the bucket (20# 8oz today).  She is 29.5 inches so will need to switch soon, just don't like the thought of having to buy 2 (since I work in a hospital I may or may not get off when my shift ends so DH picks her up after work some days) We are thinking about the graco forever seat in the jeep (the one she is most of the time) and a cheaper one for the truck. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We switched my daughter around 6 months. I never really carried her in her bucket seat, we usually took her out and put her in her Tula if we were out shopping. She didn't like being so reclined either. We got her a Diono RXT but I wish I would've held out for the new Clek! Maybe for our second car though...
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LaurenAsh23LaurenAsh23 member
    edited October 2014
    We just switched to the convertible in the last few weeks(a little over 7 months). She's over 20lbs so was getting very heavy to carry in the bucket. We also just took a road trip and I thought she would be more comfortable in the convertible-which did seem to be the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"