Cincinnati Babies

Can we talk about gliders/rockers/chairs for the nursery

So I'm in the process of registering... The practical person in me wants to get something for the nursery that I'll be able to use elsewhere in the house down the road. We went to Buy Buy Baby tonight with a friend to walk around and talk about things. After sitting in gliders, they are just so dang comfortable, even if they're not the prettiest to look at. This will be our first and we plan to have at least one more. I plan to nurse, so I'm envisioning a lot of time in whatever chair I get for the nursery. So for the more experienced ladies out there, what did you get? How much time did you spend in it? Any help/advice is welcome. Thanks
Beantown Baker, my baking blog

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can we talk about gliders/rockers/chairs for the nursery

• This is a great thread! I never thought that the gliders/rockers would be used so heavily. We opted to move a recliner that we already had in the house to a more convenient location. It kinda rocks. We'll see in a couple weeks whether that was a good decision or whether I am looking to make a purchase :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We ordered this one from BBB, and also used the 20% off coupon. I think we paid $550. They have different fabric choices we picked a neutral color so we could use it in a *hopefully future nursery or the family room later.. We liked this one bc it's roomy enough for DH (he's very tall), reclines/swivels/rocks and was very comfortable. I'm not sure if we will get the spray for fabric protection that the guy was pushing. https://www.besthf.com/best/Storytime/Recliners/items/IRVINGTON1
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear
    11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
    IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
    IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
    Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
    1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • After raising 5 babies, my number one piece of advice is to GET A GLIDER THAT RECLINES! They are not easy to find, but I promise you after the number of hours you spend in it, you will be happy you listened to me! I just bought a new one at buy buy baby. It is the brand Dutailier and was a special order, but with coupons was under 600 dollars. I know from experience it is worth every single penny. Regular gliders are uncomfortable to sleep in. Don't believe me? Pretend to nap in both when you go out shopping. You will get a kink in your neck in the non-recliner. Happy gliding!
  • I ended up getting a recliner from lazy boy . If cost less than most of the gliders we looked at and in my opinion much more comfortable.
  • Sorry the way I posted ,it must of sounded like this was a new purchase lol . When nursing in the recliner I recommend not fully reclining and using the boppy .
  • I ended up moving my rocking recliner into the living room. It was easier for me to watch tv and socialize. Especially when LO was eating every two hours or so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"