Multiples

Crib or bassinet?

Which would you recommend?  I've heard from women that have kids that their babies hardly used the crib and its not worth it, any thoughts?
Me: 32, DH: 34.
Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
2 IUIs = BFN.
1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).

Re: Crib or bassinet?

• We used the twin pack and play bassinets in our room until they grew out of them at 4 months and then moved them over to their cribs in their own room. I liked having them right by our bed so I could check on them at night, even though I would take them into the nursery to nurse them.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours also were in the crib from day 1. We moved one crib into our room for the first 8 weeks where they slept together. Then we moved them into their own cribs in their room. I wouldn't waste the money on a bassinet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We used cribs from Day 1.  BEST DECISION EVER!  I would recommend a Rock N Play for daytime and naps, but to me a bassinet just creates an issue for when the babes have to transition to the crib, and they will have to transition.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • The twins slept in rock no plays for 6-7mo and then moved into their cribs. They were in their room from the day they came home.

All of my kids have slept better in their own room.

• The twins slept in rock no plays for 6-7mo and then moved into their cribs. They were in their room from the day they came home.

All of my kids have slept better in their own room.

• Only used a crib. All 4. Every night. Own room.

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• YlvelillYlvelill member
    edited October 2014
    Crib from day one. We set up one in their nursery and one in out bedroom. They have always shared the crib but soon we will have to split them up.

They moved to sleep at night in their nursery at 2 months. Now they just use the one in our bedroom for some naps since it is downstairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"