September 2012 Moms
Options

Don't tell me there are no UOs!

I just realized it's Thursday. Let's hear 'em, ladies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Don't tell me there are no UOs!

• Options
    I think people get sucked into the idea that to be healthy and fit, you have to shell out a lot of money for a fancy gym membership or the latest workout DVD collection/nutritional guide. Lacing up your sneakers and going for a brisk walk, many times, is going to be just as effective and easier to actually stick to. And aside from the shoes, it doesn't cost a thing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I prefer girl cut pants for James. The last three pairs of pants I have bought for him are from the girl section.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Starbucks should have a Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    All pants should have a wider waist band. At least an inch or two - double button closure is my preference.

Brought to you by the pants that I have on that look like I have a rubber band around my waist and would create a fat roll on Carrie Underwood.

• Options
    If you live on a busy road you should t have yard sales. Brought to you by me almost hitting someone on a 65mph road who slammed on their breaks to stop for a yard sale.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    Baked sweet potato with butter, cinnamon, and marshmallow is the greatest thing ever!

I thought it was Wed.
    Skip the marshmallow, add a sprinkle of brown sugar.  Nommm...best side dish ever.
  • Options
    Judging people for using alternative contraception, like NFP instead of the pill or PNP instead of condoms, is dumb.  I feel like there's a judgy attitude if OMG someone doesn't use a condom (married or committed relationship, pregnancy prevention only)...

...but, since I was curious, I looked it up and failure rate for PNP is only 4% more than normal condom use.  Same with NFP--done correctly, NFP is as reliable as the pill.  

But people seem to get judged for doing NFP and given the "well, you should have known..." attitude if they do get pregnant.  Someone who gets pregnant on the pill is sympathized with more.  Dumb.
  • Options
    Hyaline said:
    hmp1 said:
    Baked sweet potato with butter, cinnamon, and marshmallow is the greatest thing ever!

I thought it was Wed.
    Skip the marshmallow, add a sprinkle of brown sugar.  Nommm...best side dish ever.
    I do like them with brown sugar.

• Options
    The NFP talk brings up another thought -- some people, believe it or not, plan to have a large family. So I think it's ridiculously rude of people to assume that those children were either a mistake or that the family has some Duggar-esque accept all the children belief (not that I see anything wrong with that either).

• Options
    I really think that most of the people who comment on articles on social media are stupid.  If you can't spell, or are using "words" such as "wuz" I will just roll my eyes and assume your opinion is probably not going to be relevant, or that you didn't bother to even read something.

Brought to you by the Good Morning America article I read about the Dugger girl and the sex of her baby, the local news station articles about the upcoming elections, and the article posted on our newspaper's FB about the SVU episode that's playing tomorrow about the Slenderman case here in my city.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

This made me die laughing.  Anyone else?  :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    There should be an "I'm not an effing idiot. I already tried all the simple fixes you are going to make me do. Just take control of my computer" option with Helpdesk. Guess what I'm doing right now.
    When I worked for a stationery company, our supermondoindustrial printers used to break all the damn time.  Every time we ran through the usual troubleshooting, and every time we ultimately called the manufacturer, this bored-sounding guy would ask "Did you power cycle the machine?"  I once got so frustrated with him that after telling him yes, I told him that calling turning something off and on again didn't need a fancy name and he needed to just send someone out.
  • Options
    MelsaX said:
    We need more UO's! I am so over having to explain to people why dressing up as another culture, doing black face, or dressing as a transgender person for dress up parties or Halloween is not okay. People need to not be so idiotic.
    I have no problem with guys dressing as girls or girls as guys, though, as long as it's not done as a joke but just dressing as a character of a different gender than you.  Like I'm Peter Pan this year.  Someday I want to make DH be Mother Ginger (don't ask, but I already have a costume for this...)
  • Options
    The vast majority of the California people I deal with all have a "you'll bend to my schedule" entitlement. 

Is this a California thing?  The rest of the west coast seems to understand they are on pacific time.  I'm apparently not as desperate as they think I should be... a sale is not worth repeated phone calls in the middle of dinner and bed time, sorry.  So I call them back the next day and let them know my office hours (HINT HINT), and they again get this attitude of well - I'm too busy to call then.... you know, during our 6 hours of overlapping business hours.  I should return their calls at 8am Eastern time.  :D

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    loislayn said:
    NFP is a great tool to use, when, like you said, is used correctly. It's just that most often, it isn't used 100% correctly (temping, checking CM, etc). Instead, people TTA but don't take it seriously to use as a legitimate BC method and don't take all the steps to make sure NFP is done completely. Or PNP is used by people who don't like BC but they aren't careful of precum. Or BCP is used by people but they skip a pill here or there.

I see what you're saying though. When each of these is used 100% correctly, they aren't much different. It's easier to say "I was on the pill, I don't know how this happened" than to explain NFP and how it CAN be a legitimate form of BC.

Hell, DH and I did PnP for the 7 years before we got married. We were young and dumb but being on BCP wasn't an option at the time. We were careful though, and with a bit of luck, never got pregly.
    Yeah, that's the thing--you're probably just as likely for either BCP or NFP failure to be the result of human error. But people assume the "I was on the pill!" pregly was one-in-a-million, no human error, while the person who was using NFP was basically sprinkling fairy dust on their junk and saying a prayer to Cthulu.  
  • Options
    Straight A students stopped coming to class for the 3 weeks I taught evolution, and I even held parent meetings before and after and was very clear that the concept would be taught though I understand everyone has different world views bla bla bla.  Then the kids would come back, and it took a month for them to be nice to me again.

I'd imagine it would be the same with sex ed.  But yes, it is very much needed and should start at an earlier age, but it would never fly. 

• Options
    I used to assume you were using the pill like an idiot if you got pregnant on it...... I never thought of it as a free pass of well - I can't believe that legit method failed!

Now I try not to judge anything at all - it's just not my business.  I used to be an idiot on the pill, and I fully understood how it worked.  I took plan B a lot.  I'm sure that was super duper good for my body. 

• Options
    Oh, except when we're TTC.  Then I think it's all fun and exciting. 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I always think Lennon looks just like Emma but she looks so much like Sawyer in that picture. Beautiful!

Also, I would laugh in a mom's face if she told me not to drink my Dt Coke at a play date. 
    This is pretty much what I was just saying in my mind, all of it!

• Options
    MelsaX said:
    I think sexual education should be in every single school, and start from a really young age. Apparently this is an UO among people I know. They think sex ed should be in highschool only, and should be optional (because good Christians don't have sex before marriage).
    This is a big pet peeve for me. I think schools need to teach it, and if families want to teach something different, that's fine, but plenty of good Christian kids are having sex. 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    There should be an "I'm not an effing idiot. I already tried all the simple fixes you are going to make me do. Just take control of my computer" option with Helpdesk. Guess what I'm doing right now.
    My solution is always to turn it off, haha.

• Options
    jenndub said:
    I don't think adults should have to stop doing things because they have to set a good example for the kids. If the thing is me drinking a soda when I show up for a play date and the other kid's mom tells me to "Get rid of that quick! My kids aren't allowed to drink soda." Neither are mine, but I'm an adult so I want to drink my Coke, thanks. My kids can't drive a car either, but they still see me do it everyday. Or to be more fair, my kids aren't allowed to use curse words, but I still do in front of them occasionally. Because I'm a fucking adult, I have earned the privilege of cussing and drinking soda whenever I want.
    Yeah, my kids don't drink coffee either, but am I going to give it up. I had a conversation with DS about this last night after he called our dog an idiot. I told him that we don't use that word and he responded with, "Daddy said it before." Well, Daddy is a grown up.

• Options
    +1 for adult things being done in front of your kids.  Cokes, coffee, cursing, an occasional beer, etc.  I won't get drunk in front of my kid and would not smoke.... so I have my limits.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"