3rd Trimester

Already mommies.... days before labor

Any stories on how you ladies felt before going into labor? I keep hearing stories of ladies feeling horrible days before and amazing the day of. Just curious because yesterday and a few days before I felt so sick, had multiple bms (like 6!!!), braxton hicks like crazy, and lower back pain. I was almost sure I was about to go into labor. Now today out of no where I feel great! Like not just a normal great but a not pregnant kind of great! Just was curious if any of you feel this or felt this before labor

Re: Already mommies.... days before labor

• I felt like I normally did.  I was losing mucus plug for a good two and a half weeks beforehand.  That's about it. 
  • I felt like I normally did.  I was losing mucus plug for a good two and a half weeks beforehand.  That's about it. 
    Same.  There was no euphoric day where I just knew baby was going to come.  I felt tired and crampy and all of a sudden the cramps were going somewhere.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Everyone has a different labor and birth so take whatever they say with a grain of salt.
    I had one of those people who told me how horrible it was and I had a beautiful birthing experience (minus one bitch nurse). I labored about 20 hours but I had a great support system and I wouldn't change anything about my birthing experience except had I known I could have told negative nurse to leave she would have been booted and not back allowed in my room!
  • I was tired but I was tired for most of my 3rd trimester, so that was just normal. I actually had less braxton hicks the day before I went into labor. I never felt like I was not pregnant because my belly was huge, but there definitely were days when I had more energy :)
  • I feel like the end is such a mind game.  There were many days I would wake up thinking it was the day because I was achy, lots of contractions, losing the MP but I would find myself back in my bed that night.  The day of I was a little more uncomfortable but didn't really feel any different then the others.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know everyone was/is different I was just curious. I'm on my third and with my second I was induced because of my sac leaking so I never actually went into labor and with my first it was 9 years ago so I can't remember how I felt the days leading up. I just remember waking up to regular contractions.
  • I didn't notice anything different the days leading up to labor or even that day. I felt completely normal and worked, went out to Buffalo Wild Wings with some coworkers, and then that night at 11:30pm my water broke, labor started, and DS was born at 5:25am.

My friend just had a baby, and she had been swelling and retaining water for like the last 12 weeks of her pregnancy (to the point where she only had 2 pairs of shoes that fit), but then the day before she went into labor, the swelling started going back down. She said that happened to her friend too. So she kind of knew/hoped that labor would be coming soon, but I think it's different for everyone.
  • UberBizUberBiz member
    edited October 2014
    I had two very different experiences, but both times I felt great. With my daughter, I was 39w2d and we were going to go to the carnival, I took a shower, and my water broke, wound up being admitted and having her the next morning via emergency c-section.

With my son, I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary either, FI and I even had sex that night, but I woke up with what I THOUGHT were BH at around midnight, timed them for 3 hours, then decided it was more than BH, c-section later on that morning. And he was around 36w4d or so (can't remember exactly).

ETA: I had my work shower for my son the day before I had him, too, and felt great!

I'll be 30w on Monday, and so far so good.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Similar for me. Saturday through Monday my husband I were convinced I could go at any moment. Then the last few days I've felt great and feel like there is no sign of baby coming. Don't know what it means. 
  • I had excess energy days before I was trying to jump start things I walked every where and push mowed our acre yard the day before ( hubby usually uses the riding mower) but I was bored. All depends on your body.
  • Maebb said:
    I didn't notice anything different the days leading up to labor or even that day. I felt completely normal and worked, went out to Buffalo Wild Wings with some coworkers, and then that night at 11:30pm my water broke, labor started, and DS was born at 5:25am. My friend just had a baby, and she had been swelling and retaining water for like the last 12 weeks of her pregnancy (to the point where she only had 2 pairs of shoes that fit), but then the day before she went into labor, the swelling started going back down. She said that happened to her friend too. So she kind of knew/hoped that labor would be coming soon, but I think it's different for everyone.
    With DD I had the opposite experience.  I was super annoyed because I had a doctor's appointment that day and had been holding down my weight gain only to swell so much that I had gained 2 lbs overnight.  So I got the lecture about weight (I pointed to my feet and said it wasn't my fault).  I was 40 weeks, so I agreed to a membrane sweep.  Had bloody show within an hour of that.  Went on a 3 hour walk, started nesting like CRAZY, and started contractions at 10:30 pm.  

This time around, I'm already swollen like a water balloon.  I have also had several weeks of BH contractions timing in at 4-1-1 several times.  I've been cleaning like a maniac.  Still pregnant.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This time around I was in the hospital with contractions, sent home but told to come back two days later due to protein levels, the next day I couldn't even walk to the bathroom I was in suck pain from the way he was laying. Had to crawl to the bathroom all day and night and then my water broke. So definitely didn't feel fabulous day of. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• My last OB appt was on a Wedesday. My cervix was high, firm, and closed. No progress whatsoever. The only "off" feelings I had were just the extreme back pain I had been struggling with for months.

I had a job interview for a promotion on Friday. Saturday morning I just felt like I had poop cramps all day. I made a big breakfast for myself and DH, did my nails, and went to the grocery store.

I laid down when the poop-crampy feelings became timeable. We got to the hospital at 6 pm and the pain didn't hit until 6:45. DS was born 4 hours later. So pretty much I had no idea I was even in labor until around 5. (If it wasn't for my husband we would have left later. He had been bugging me to call my doc all day but I was convinced they would just tell me I was constipated and send me home. I called just to get him off my back).

• I felt fine.  I actually went to sleep at 11pm that night and woke up at 12:30am with contractions.  So 90 minutes before I went into labor I felt completely normal.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I felt pretty normal until the morning of. At 4:30 in the morning I was having contractions the felt like I had to poop along with back pain and cramps. I honestly wasn't until I started throwing up that I finally called my OB, made my way to the hospital, and confirmed that I was in labor.
  • I am of no help - last time I was induced so have no idea- makes me nervous for this time though- will I know I'm in labor quick enough (I like 45 min to 1 hr from hospital)... lol I"m sure all will be well. I'm not sure you can predict it based on how you feel in days leading up to, but since labor is different for everyone I suppose it holds true for some? Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"