December 2013 Moms

Healthy eating check in 10/23

Good morning beautiful ladies!

How has your week gone? What were some struggles you had? What about accomplisments? Any goals for the coming week?

Bonus: what makes you feel good about yourself? (Like what is something you do or wear that makes you feel good)

Re: Healthy eating check in 10/23

• This week has gone okay eating wise. I am eating decent but then have dessert. I have been running twice already this week and DH and I did a boxing workout already this week. I haven't been tracking at all. I also am permanently down 6 pounds. I don't even fluctuate above that anymore. Which is nice. I want to keep working out. Go back to the gym. And start tracking again.

I'm discovering that I actually have a little bit of a style (beyond a sweatshirt and jeans) and when I put effort into my look, I feel good about myself. It's nice.
  • This week has been so-so eating.  While I haven't completely eaten on plan, I have definitely eaten less junk food than I was eating before.  We finally broke out the jogging stroller this week and have taken LO on walks around the neighborhood after work.  Tomorrow is a day off for me so I plan on actually using it to go for a jog.  This coming week, I would like to get serious about tracking and also about sticking to my meal plans that I have been making but only sticking to 50% of the time.

Honestly, I feel the best about myself when I go to the gym.  I feel invigorated and love the feeling that I'm doing something healthy for myself.  I always feel great for awhile after I go.  I really miss going to the gym and I am trying to figure out how to get back to going without sacrificing too much more time with LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I want cake. That is all.

No, in reality it's going well right now. Down 11 lbs since I started tracking 53 days ago so I owe myself a manicure. But I haven't gotten to CrossFit since Monday as some bursitis in my back/shoulder has flared up again and I've been in a lot of pain.

A bit concerned for some upcoming things...Texas de Brazil Saturday for DHs birthday, a church potluck Monday for our fall fest, Benihanas for DHs birthday sometime next week, and the candy LO will get trunk or treating that she can't even have...mama loves herd one Reese's.

In clothes news, my fat clothes hang so loosely now (especially in my butt, thank you squats!), but my pre baby pants still don't fit, not sure they will ever go over my hips again...so new wardrobe soon??
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @imrachellea‌ that's awesome! Enjoy your manicure!

We've been eating more at home which helps, and I've been doing well with portion control. Still haven't gotten to the gym, so I'm feeling a little down/mad at myself. Every morning is a mental battle--sleep or exercise? I know that if I go once that I can start making it a habit again.

I feel good about myself when I avoid foods with sugar. If I go a few days without it, my mood improves and I have more energy and less cravings. But Halloween candy makes it so hard!
  • Almost forgot! It's Monday! How did the weekend go?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"