May 2014 Moms

Random

Two random questions:
1. Convertible car seat recommendations?
2. When should I have Christmas pics done to get cards made and sent out?

Sorry for the randomness!

Re: Random

• 1 - Combi Concoro. Compact, goes from 5 to 65 pounds. L prefers it over her bucket seat :)

2 - Would you look at that... It's almost the holidays!!

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• Ive never had xmas cards made. I haven't even thought of where to get pics done. I don't want to spend alot of money!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have no idea about carseats.

I'm a FTM, but have ordered cards from shutterfly many times! They aren't as cheap as if you did the basic ones at the store, but they're a little nicer at least the last time I checked the in store ones.
    I noticed during the holidays they send you emails that tell you last day to order if you want your cards by a certain date. They normally take a week and a half or so to ship from shutterfly from my area.
  • Thanks @deanna1313‌ I was planning on having them make them. We got a coupon when we ordered our birth announcements. Im just trying to find an affordable place to take the pictures :)
  • Thanks @deanna1313‌ I was planning on having them make them. We got a coupon when we ordered our birth announcements. Im just trying to find an affordable place to take the pictures :)
    Picture People. They are usually located in malls and there is always a Groupon for it. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have the chicco nextfit. Love it! Check out carseat recs on lucieslist.com
  • We have a Britax convertible and love it.  

Check around area photographers.  Some offer Christmas mini sessions this time of year and depending on the skill level of the photographer they can be very affordable.  It's usually a 20-30 minute session with a cute Christmas background and you will get a few images you can use for Christmas cards. If you have one in your area I have some friends who use Portrait Innovations studio and like them a lot.

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• @Mamarazziof3‌ we do have a portrait innovations but I dont want to get sheets of pics. I want a disc and print them myself. Not sure if they just do a disc. I found a photographer I'll probably use.

I will check out lucieslist :)
  • No recs on convertible car seats but we just took family pictures for our Christmas cards last weekend. I got a groupon for a local family photographer and we did our session in a park. Her groupon includes one digital file and a sheet of prints for like $30. I'm sure I can purchase more if we like them when we sit down for the viewing.
  • Oh boy! I read that completely wrong! @bridetobe9132013‌ sorry about that! Too early in the morning when I read it I guess.

I live picture people and just had his pictures done there. It was great! They print them while you wait! I used the groupon coupon and you get right sheets for $16( one pose) and then it also gives you 50% off of the cd and framed pictures. I know they make christmas cards there, too.
  • No problem @deanna1313 We are getting pictures done this weekend :) I picked up such a cute outfit for the christmas pics. We are also getting 6 month pics done at the same time. I was thinking of using DD's thanksgiving outfit for one of the 6 month pics since she'll be 6 months on Nov 20th. Thoughts?
  • Check out Car Seats for the Littles for convertible recommendations. If you join their facebook group, you can post your kid's stats and your vehicle and they will give you some ideas.

Haven't thought about Christmas but might take our own picture and get cards from snapfish or shutterfly. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Britax Boulevard

I do the pics myself and use my pampers points for shutterfly cards. Take like two weeks to arrive.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Clek Foonf

Gesundheit
  • I'm cheap. I'm going get everyone dressed up, pintrest diy backgrounds, put my camera on the tripod, and hope I can get back into the portrait before the 10 second timer expires.

Are my pictures going to turn out half as good as they would if a professional had taken them? Nope!

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• We usually just use a photo we've taken recently and order from shutterfly. Last year we went with walmart though. I wasn't real impressed with the quality so I will probably do shutterfly again this year. We get her pictures don't every 3 months so we will get them done next month through jcpenny and probably use one of those this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"