Military Families
Options

Ft Bragg area schools

We will PCS to Ft Bragg sometime next spring/summer. Our son will at least start kindergarten while we are there. Does anyone have any info on schools in the surrounding areas? We're willing to live in Pinehurst, Hope Mills, Raeford, or any other area surrounding Fayetteville as long as we have a good school to send DS to. We briefly lived in Fayetteville several years ago, but we weren't there long enough to really meet people and explore the area.

Re: Ft Bragg area schools

• Options
    Hi,

My husband is currently stationed at Bragg. We don't have kids but we have plenty of friends that do.

I know the Jack Britt (Hope Mills) school district is supposed to be one of the best. After that though I think most people prefer the on post schools.

Pinehurst is a bit of a drive to post but definitely much better area to live in than Fayetteville.

We try to keep to on post or Aberdeen Southern Pines area if we can.

Not sure if that helps but let me know if you have any other questions :)
  • Options
    I would recommend private school if it is within your budget. I am currently expecting our first child so I do not have children in school yet. I have friends that are teachers both in the private and public schools in the Fayetteville area and all say that private school is the way to go. Like the previous poster said, the Jack Britt school district is supposed to be one of the best in terms of public school. When you're looking for homes, look in the Harnett County area as well..Cameron, Bunnlevel, etc. I'm not very familiar with Harnett County schools, but we live in Harnett County now and find it to be much nicer then living in Fayetteville/Spring Lake. Hope this helps! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Moore County is one of the best counties for schools in the state. We live in the Whispering Pines area (near Southern Pines/Pinehurst) and absolutely love it. Schools are amazing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only public schools I would feel OK with recommending are those in Jack Britt, in Hope Mills. They have the best reputation. I homeschool my 3 girls (ages 14, 12 and 8), because of the horrible things I have heard of most of the Cumberland County schools. We even lived on post, for 8 years, and we watched as the DOD schools turned to crap. Sad, I think, but that is actually my MAIN reason for homeschooling. When the schools that are considered among the top in the nation are failing, there is a problem somewhere.
  • Options
    Definitely head out to Southern Pines/Pinehurst if your husband doesn't mind the commute. If you are wanting closer, our daughter is in the Jack Britt school district and we absolutely love it. There are a couple different elementary schools. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"