March 2015 Moms
Options

Placenta privia... Anyone?

has anyone experienced placenta previa? Was just told today and now I'm worried. I heard it can shift back into place. Any advice on easing some discomfort?

Re: Placenta privia... Anyone?

• Options
    My advice is to use the search feature to find previous answers to this question. It will help if you spell it correctly. (Placenta previa.)
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • Options
    I have a low lying placenta this go round but yes, it can move into a better spot as your pregnancy progresses. You'll just be monitored a bit more and likely have another ultrasound closer to your due date to check on it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This has been discussed over and over and over again. Search the forum and you'll find a lot of input from the many other women on this board who have also had a diagnosed previa. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with this, but I do know someone that had it and hers did shift back into place by week 28.  There is a good chance the issue will resolve itself. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Quick answer....I had this at my 12 week scan. I just had my 20 week scan yesterday and my placenta moved and is now posterior. You still have time for it to move so don't worry too much. Just rest and take it easy.
    BFP - 6/28.....Unofficial(waiting on u/s) EDD - 3/9

image    image

July Siggy Challenge. Summer Fail. March 2015 Group
    baby development
  • Options
    I had it. And yes it can shift- mine started out covering the inner cervix completely, now it's moved to around 5 cm away from the lip of the opening. If the placenta doesn't move enough by the time you get close to the 9th month, usually your doctors will schedule a C-section. Your OB-Gyn will likely keep a close eye on you throughout your pregnancy anyway. Just relax, don't move more than necessary (like try not to lift more than 3-4 kilos at a time) , and if you see any signs of spotting or bleeding or painful cramps (or anything that scares you, really)... Then contact your doctor - don't waste time asking us for advice if you're scared. The stress of worrying is sometimes worse than the actuall problem :).
    Beatrice- bfp September 16 2013, born February 1 2014 died later same day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"