Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Opting out of the 4th Hep B shot during the 6 month vaccines

DS received the Hep B shot at birth. I informed the pediatrician of this and during the days that he had his routine vaccinations. At 2 months he received the Hep B shot in a combined vaccine (Brand: Pediarix), then at 4 months they gave him the Hep B shot in the same combined vaccine (Brand: Pediarix). During his 6 month appointment they were going to give him the same combo vaccine with the Hep B shot, but I requested for them not give it to him since he had had his hep B shots 3 times already.

Looking back at the recommended hep B schedules (birth, 1-4, 6-18 months) (2 months, 4 months, 6-18 months), I'm a bit concerned if maybe I should have gotten the 6 month shot (to follow the recommended schedule of 6-18 months) since the last one would have been at 4 months. I just wish I had or they had paid more attention that he had received his shot at birth and skip the 4 month dose. 

DS is in daycare, so I want to keep him protected but I also didn't want to give him an unnecessary shot. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation where the pediatrician's office didn't take into account the birth hep B, and opted out of the 6 month hep B shot? or any reassurance you can provide would be helpful. 

Re: Opting out of the 4th Hep B shot during the 6 month vaccines

• "The CDC recommends..."

They're recommendations, and ultimately its up to you as a parent to do your homework and understand these vaccines.  I put my baby on an extended schedule and opted out of the Hep B shot.  I've given him all other recommended shots, except for the flu shot.  I'm waiting till he's at least 2.  But that's just me.

P.S. After this whole Ebola scare...you really think the CDC knows everything?  Just saying.
  • -They kept stating how hard it would be to get Ebola in the U.S.
    -When Duncan (the guy who came to Dallas from Liberia) was admitted into the hospital, the staff called the CDC and asked them what to do.  They said they didn't know at the moment and they'd have to call the hospital back.
    -They provided suits with an opening around the neck area, leaving it exposed.
    -They never suggested and/or advised anyone who came in contact with an Ebola patient to be self quarantine and to not travel.
    -AND finally, the CDC has now admitted that Ebola can "float" through the air.  Something they failed to tell us in the beginning.

Just because they tell you something, doesn't mean its always true.  We, as the consumers have to do our best to research what we put into our bodies.  Just because a burger joint might sell you a burger that says its all grass fed beef-doesn't mean its all grass fed beef.
  • Loading the player...
  • shaunessa said:
    -AND finally, the CDC has now admitted that Ebola can "float" through the air.  Something they failed to tell us in the beginning.
    @shaunessa Source? 

Because right now, the CDC website says "Ebola is not spread through the air or by water"
    https://nation.foxnews.com/2014/10/29/cdc-ebola-can-be-transmitted-through-sneezes-and-coughs

• https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/infections-spread-by-air-or-droplets.pdf

On the CDC website:

"However, large droplets (splashes or sprays) of respiratory or other secretions from a person who is sick with Ebola could be infectious".

meaning if you're on a crowded NY subway, somebody sneezes in your direction, you could get it.

Quit trying to argue, believe what you want to believe.  I know what I believe.  That a government funded agency doesn't always tell you everything.
  • shaunessa said:
    https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/infections-spread-by-air-or-droplets.pdf

On the CDC website:

"However, large droplets (splashes or sprays) of respiratory or other secretions from a person who is sick with Ebola could be infectious".

meaning if you're on a crowded NY subway, somebody sneezes in your direction, you could get it.

Quit trying to argue, believe what you want to believe.  I know what I believe.  That a government funded agency doesn't always tell you everything.
    THEY'RE PROBABLY TRYING TO KILL YOU

Maybe the reason they didn't tell you is because then idiots panic, and it's entirely possible in emergencies such as epidemics for panic to cause more damage than the actual emergency. People are already being so fucking stupid about ebola.

And just because an organization fucks up (according to FOX NEWS who, let's be realistic, is not the most reliable source--if there was a republican in the white house their coverage of government agencies would be very different) does that mean everything they say is a lie designed to murder you? Hate to break it to you, but your mom was probably wrong a few times in your life. And she's probably even lied to you! More than once.Therefore, everything she says must be malicious lies designed to ruin your life and give your children autism. This is the logic you're using.

Take off the tin foil hat, they're so last season.
    1) I'd rather panic and be prepared then be the nurse who dismissed Duncan the first time he visited the hospital. OR be the nurse that wore the suit that was supposed to keep Ebola out but CDC said "its a-ok!"  Ebola isn't something that can easily be cured.
    2) Because an organization fucks up?  Seriously?  I'd hate to be in a situation where the hospital or any one is misdiagnosed, given the wrong treatment, wrong medication, etc.  But to you its ok, because "woops" they fucked up.  An agency like them have no room for mistakes.  These are peoples lives, not some lab monkey.
    3)"Therefore, everything she says must be malicious lies designed to ruin your life and give your children autism. This is the logic you're using." <---I have no response to this b/c you're clearly being a bozo. Comparing the two?  Grow up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"