September 2013 Moms
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

My house is a mess so I thought I'd start this thread for the sake of procrastination.  Happy Tuesday!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options
    Haha I just posted this as well for the same reason! I will delete mine :)
    Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    1. LO and I went to the zoo yesterday and it was awesome. I was totally hesitant because LO usually can't go without a nap but she was a champ.

2. Then LO woke up from 4am-5:30am because she didn't have a nap yesterday... Ughhh.

3. As of a couple of weeks ago I thought I was OAD. Now I am thinking I want to start TTC now. I brought it up to DH and he was pumped. The age difference would be almost 2 years and I wouldn't want it much more than that.

4. My mom is coming to visit this weekend even though we are going to NW Ohio! So pumped since I haven't seen her in 2 months!

5. It is my year to plan for our anniversary. Even though it is New Years Day I need to get it nailed down soon to get a good deal.

6. DH's birthday is tomorrow. I am making cupcakes and surprising him at his youth soccer game. He doesn't care much for birthdays so I hope he likes it.

7. Christmas is still 2 months away but I want to plan out the budget/gifts now since I plan on making most of it. Pinterest here I come!

8. I am finishing a super easy, fast, crocheted cowl and I think I want to make one for LO. 

9. I have been really good about cooking at home the past two weeks but yesterday I ate out for lunch and dinner.. Oh well.

10. I am getting really bored of Facebook. I think our Christmas cards this year will have my family blog address on it so when people want updates on us they can either contact us (I know, crazy!) or check the blog.
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1.  DH leaves for work tonight and I'm super bummed out. He won't be back for a few weeks and he'll miss out on Halloween. 
    2. We are going to Mexico at the end of November! So excited. We'll be at the same resort that we got married at.
    3. Not looking forward to a 5 hour flight while pregnant with a toddler who never sits still. 
    4. I'm taking newborn photos today!  My favourite type of photo shoot. :)
    5. DD has been having such temper tantrums lately. Terrible 1's?! 
    6. DH's parents left for Australia the day that I got BFP.  They won't be back for 5 weeks, so that solves when to tell them. 
    7. I've been waking up at 3-4 am and not being able to fall back asleep lately. So frustrating! I don't know if it's pregnancy related or just me... this didn't happen the first time around. 
    8. DD loves climbing.  She will push toys over to the couch, step on them, and climb up the very back of the couch.  I can't leave her for even a minute without her getting into dangerous situations.  
    9. We always buy organic fruits and veggies, but this week I was about to cut open my pomegranate when a SPIDER crawled out. A spider!!! Pomegranates don't even grow here, so it was a spider from some other country and I was convinced that it was poisonous and deadly. Lol. I don't know.... pesticides are sounding rather appealing right about now.  
    10. As selfish as this sounds, I hope that my EDD isn't too close to my birthday.... haha.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay Mexico sounds fun! Hope you enjoy the time @sugarkissed‌ !

Where did you learn to crochet @soccermom11‌ ?

1. I turn 30 on the 30th in 9 days and I am literally about as Unexcited as it's possible to be.

2. I love our neighbors so much. If one of us ever moves, the other has to move in next door at the new house bc I cannot ever imagine liking neighbors as much as I do them.

3. I interviewed for the intermediate unit in our county to be a day to day ESL sub, but will have to travel to schools all over which I'm really not excited about. I don't want to leave D, I hate the thought of only making 80 bucks a day to drive all over and be available at a moments notice. As much as I want to teach and this is a good way to get in, I am dreading it. Like serious depression over it.

4. I wonder how @llybeck‌ is and if her wedding has happened yet? Hope it was wonderful if so!!

5. My ILs are coming in this week on Thursday and staying through Sunday. That means date night Friday with just DH and I for the first time in more months than I can recall.

6. We are going to Germany for 3 weeks in December over the holidays to stay with my B&SIL. I'm excited but nervous about an 8 hour flight with D and then time changes! Eeep! But I'm excited to visit France and Amsterdam while we are there.

7. When shopping at Big Lots today for plastic bins, I saw they have the Gilmore Girls seasons for $8! I bought all of them for like 40 a piece when they came out. Grrr.

8. I think we are going to start TTC January/February next year. Makes me excited and nervous!!

9. I hate our living room carpet. I want to replace it like now.

10. I either scratched or burned the roof of my mouth and ouch it hurts.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @jlp0528 I actually taught myself from youtube videos. I found an easy pattern and found how to do the stitches on youtube. The cowl pattern is very simple if you wanted to start on something. I still struggle with hats which irritates me because I would love to make some for LO. But scarves are a great place to start! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @jnetx LO doesn't talk either. She babbles all day but no actual words.  She also refuses to give high fives and stares at people like they are insane when they ask her to. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1) thanks a @jlp0528‌ now I need to go to Big Lots and spend money I don't really have!

2) I've had a crazy couple of weeks. First my step sister has had 4 surgeries in 2 weeks for a gall stone blocks from her pancreas to her kidney and gallbladder removal then complications after. Then my FIL fell in a deep hole and broke both bones in his lower leg. Then my SIL had her baby 4 weeks early. And last my little sister got married Friday, I had to direct the wedding and make the cakes. It has been super crazy.

4) MIL usually baby sits while I work, because of FIL and SIL she couldn't last week.

5) My house is a mess with all the craziness.

6) Today at Wal-Mart, I saw a lady with a toddler in a backless booster in the front seat with an airbag. She also had her newborn in the infant car seat in top if the shopping cart. It didn't even come close to fitting in any way. She left the infant on top of the cart while putting the infant in the front seat and while she went to crank the car with both passenger side doors open. I shut both doors for her and put her buggy up. I told her to be careful with the baby on the shopping cart but wanted to give her 10 lectures on her kids safety.

7) I hope to get some cleaning done tomorrow.

8) I'm really looking forward to Christmas

9) I'm looking forward to the new hunger games movie

10) A small part of me wants to start ttc but we aren't financially situated for 2 right now....
  • Options
    1. @Legitsince86 I feel the same way about telling people about TTC. I just think thats a private thing between you and your partner and there's no real reason to let other people know that you're DTD for that purpose. Heaven forbid it takes someone a while to get pregnant, then they have everyone asking why they're not pregnany yet. (FTR I dont think it's weird people are mentioning it on TB, just IRL).

2. I had absolutely no motivation today. I got my period yesterday so I just feel absolutely horrible today and couldn't get myself to get much done.

3. DH came home for his lunch break today and told me as long as my boss (LO) is happy that's all that matters :) I needed that for sure.

4. I just put LO to bed and I'm watching The Voice. I get so hooked on this show.

5. I ordered the free Julep box thats being advertised right now for halloween, I got it in (paid $3 for shipping) and then canceled the subscription. I dont need any more beauty products but $3 for 3 nail polishes and 1 eye liner is such a steal!

6. I'm finally in the process of finishing the thank you cards for LO's birthday party that was September 27th. I figure I'm still within a month of the party so it's ok right?!

7. Relating to #1...I'm wondering if SIL/BIL are pregnant yet. They started telling everyone in the spring that they would start trying in the summer but we still haven't gotten any announcements. I still think this is weird to know...

8. My brother and his girlfriend's 2nd baby girl is scheduled to be delivered November 1st by csection. I cant wait to meet her and hear the name they picked out!

9. I finally was able to change up LO's bedtime successfully to 7:45. This is a major improvement from the 9:30ish it was. DH and I can both relax and wind down now for a bit before were ready for bed ourselves.

10. LO refuses to drink WCM. It's very frustrating because I'm ready to wean from breastfeeding. I want my body back to myself for a bit and don't want to wear nursing bras anymore! I've tried several different sippys, a bottle (which she refuses to drink WCM or breastmilk from either), all different temperatures, mixed with breastmilk, and watered down. Nothing is working!! She will take a sip (sometimes, I think she knows the difference between the colors or something) from the sippy and spit it out immediately. She has no problem drinking water from a sippy, so its not the cup.
  • Options
    @annarose82 I did not ask him about her not drinking any because I didn't introduce any WCM til after her 12 month check up. He was ok with breastmilk still at that point. I may look into it with the doctor within the next month or so if things dont change but I'm also leary because she's not a good eater of solids, she's really picky about what she will even try.
  • Options
    lilqt3929 said:

@annarose82 I did not ask him about her not drinking any because I didn't introduce any WCM til after her 12 month check up. He was ok with breastmilk still at that point. I may look into it with the doctor within the next month or so if things dont change but I'm also leary because she's not a good eater of solids, she's really picky about what she will even try.

Lo will only drink wcm if I'm not there like at daycare. If I give him a cup then he walks over to me and starts yelling at me and smacking my chest. It might be that you have to stop nursing before he'll drink milk from the cup. I'm ok with nursing until he's ready so I haven't tested this theory out.
  • Options
    Zembits said:
    Lo will only drink wcm if I'm not there like at daycare. If I give him a cup then he walks over to me and starts yelling at me and smacking my chest. It might be that you have to stop nursing before he'll drink milk from the cup. I'm ok with nursing until he's ready so I haven't tested this theory out.
    Yah I get the shirt pull down instead of smack but same here.
    the shirt pull down in public is the best right?  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas/support. I know we'll get there in the long run but I guess I just need to keep trying and try some of the ideas you all mentioned in the mean time. I do think I really need to get DH into helping with the transition so that way she isnt looking to me for the good stuff. Double bonus is that it will give me some much needed "me" time too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"