December 2014 Moms
Options

Diaper bag recommendations

I didn't see anything about this dicussed since July so thought I'd give it an ask. I am looking for a diaper bag that is multi funtional. I do not want one that is baby themed like your traditional ones as I also plan to use it as my purse but I don't want something huge either as I will not be going OOT to often so won't need alot of stuff in it daily. Anyone have a specific brand that is fashionable but won't break my pocket book.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper bag recommendations

• Options
    No specific suggestions as far as brand etc., but I will say to check Babies R Us for sale/clearance ones. I just bought one for $29 that was originally $79. Whoo! 
  • Options
    I'm going with the Skip Hop Chelsea Downtown Satchel (Amazon or BBB). It comes in black or champagne (color I'm getting), lots of functional pockets, good reviews, doesn't look like a diaper bag, and it's under 100 bucks. 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the Skip Hop Chelsea - I got the black one last week and I LOVE it. The stroller clips are amazing. I have used a Vera Bradley diaper bag the last 2 years and I didn't like the storage at all.
  • Options
    I scored a Skip Hop diaper bag that matches my car seat perfectly(priorities!) and my SO won't mind toting it around since it's neutral colors. It was $6 at the thrift store in EUC. Boom.
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• Options
    Sounds like the Skip Hop is pretty popular. Thank you ladies!

• Options
    I am a total diaper bag collector and have used tons of types and brands. Really anything with lots of pockets will work well. My first bag was actually a yoga/gym tote bag. It had lots of great interior mesh pockets for keeping things organized. Look for something with at least one tall and narrow pocket so it will hold a bottle or sippy cup upright.

I would highly recommend finding something that you can machine wash. Spilled milk (breast or formula) and random goo will happen. If you can't throw it in the wash, you will eventually get some nasty odors.

Through my experience with my two boys, I have come to appreciate having multiple options for hauling baby stuff. I have a couple smaller purse type bags that work for quick errand running. I have a backpack option for longer more active days, I also have a couple giant bags for those days where we are running from morning to night. I also keep back up supplies in a "car bag".
  • Options
    I registered for the Skip Hop Studio bag here : https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Studio-Diaper-Pewter/dp/B002UXR530/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&colid=1YMAZCS0U1CRN&coliid=I2M460CQVSW6FD

Someone bought it for me and said it's on its way :) I've heard great things and it has rave reviews.
  • Options
    rshamosrshamos member
    edited October 2014
    FTM here, so who knows if it will work, but I got this one from Target:image
    It is big and the fabric feels water proof. It doesn't look too much like a "mom" bag.

ETA: Wow that is a huge pic and I have no idea how to re-size it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

With DS I had a Coach diaper bag from the Outlet. And what a waste of money. It was really heavy and big in general. I sold that one at my garage sale. This time around just picked up a simple bag at Babies R Us. A JJ Cole Mode Diaper Bag

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=34220446&cp=&parentPage=search

I like that its smaller and has just the right amount of space that I will need.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Options
    I am going with a Vera Bradley, I may do the back pack or another variation.  I'm not sure yet.  I haven't made it to look at what I want yet, but I love all of my purses because they are easy to wash and I use the clutch all the time
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    I got the petunia city carry all. To me it it looked like a good cross between a diaper bag and a purse. I usually carry a bigger handbag, but once Lo gets here I'm giving that up and just using my petunia.
  • Options
    With DS I got a coach diaper bag at the outlet and I LOVED it. I am still carrying it now, over 2 years later. This weekend I purchased a Kate Spade Stevie at the outlet on an amazing sale and I plan to switch over this weekend. I also have a Petunia Boxy that I got on ebay for a good deal but it just isn't for me. I found it to be too small and not convenient to use. Also, when I strapped it to my stroller, it was so heavy it knocked the whole stroller down.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited October 2014
    I recently received my custom diaper bag/purse, complete with The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who and sugar skulls fabric. It's awesome. I don't like most other bags. I was eyeing some of the Marvels and Star Wars fabric, but decided to go with DW and TBBT.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I registered for a Skip Hop one too :)
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    My first one was a big Coach diaper bag. Lots of bright colors, stripes. I was obsessed with it..for about 6 months. I got over it REAL quick. So, my recommendation is not get something with a specific pattern. I've found that simplicity is key. I've since fallen in love with Storksak! I have the Olivia, but just ordered the Tania Bee.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I like a bag that has lots of interior pockets, that looks like a purse and not a diaper bag, that I can wear tote style or cross body style. I think I will wait to get a registry completion coupon, and then go for this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/timi-leslie-7-Piece-Diaper-Saddle/dp/B00I2OBMAI/

My current bag has worked really well for me for over a year, but I'm ready for something new. 

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I got the Vera Bradley backpack diaper bag and love the idea of a hands free option. I even got a clutch to throw inside so I don't have to carry a purse.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FTM here but I've researched a bit and decided on the Skip Hop Duo Signature. 

for anyone wanting a skip hop bag, they're currently 20% off on amazon :) Krazy Coupon Lady posted about it: https://thekrazycouponlady.com/2014/10/21/extra-20-skip-hop-diaper-bags-amazon21604/
     image   image 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I am using a thirty one bag... I do sell them and I love how they look and how much can fit in them!
  • Options
    I got the Marc by Marc Jacobs diaper bag. I'm beyond stoked to use it! Lots of little pockets inside and out. I have a tote and make up bag of the same material and they are both easy to clean as well. Plus, it's going to be a great bag in general after I'm done using it for the babe!
  • Options
    I'm using a Vera Bradley backpack had one for my MacBook and could fill it up for travel. I loved it so much! I got a different pattern in a diaper bag this time.
  • Options
    I got the skip hop at my shower yesterday and I love that it has so many pockets and compartments!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got this fisher price one specifically because I did not want one that looked like a big purse. Also chose black so my husband can carry it without feeling weird. It's nice. Has lots of pockets ( including an exterior wipe box, an insulated bottle pocket, and a pacifier pocket) and the top opens really wide and stays open by itself for easy access. Haven't used it in "real life" cus baby isn't here, but I like it so far.
  • Options
    allitor12allitor12 member
    edited October 2014
    I got the kate spade baby bag and I love it. It could function as a big purse but has the pockets etc of a baby bag.

Eta: I also use a thirty one bag and have used a Vera Bradley baby bag that was plain black.

The artist formerly known as "amw0914"
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I got a Petunia and I think I'm going to love it. If you have a Kate Spade outlet near by, you can find their baby bags for a good price. My cousin loves hers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jeark1004Jeark1004 member
    edited October 2014
    Oooh choosing a diaper bag was almost as challenging as choosing a stroller, especially since many styles were not available locally for me to try them on before buying :)  I eventually ended up ordering a Storksak Bobby during a sale at Saks, and so far I really like it.  It's spacious, lots of pockets, and looks good on! 

• Options
    Leaning towards the Michael Kors diaper bag and probably making it my main bag. It looks comfy, stylish and has multi-purpose written all over it.
  • Options
    I just got the Henri Bendel XL tote & love it! It'll be my main bag as well as my diaper bag. So spacious & stylish without looking so much like a diaper bag!!
  • Options
    I bought the Timi and Leslie Annette bag in black (FTM so haven't used it yet) a few weeks ago and I really like the way it looks. It seems to have plenty of room. I also just won a Timi and Leslie Charlie in brown, which from the pictures looks quite a bit larger than the Annette. So I guess I'll have options now. Hopefully they'll hold up ok.
    Married 11/14/10
    Me: 30 & DH: 35
    TTC #1
    BFP 10/14/13 CP 10/21/13
    BFP  4/10/14 EDD 12/21/14
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Fur Babies:
    Marley & Scout

• Options
    I just got a backpack (not a diaper bag specifc one). And got a diaper wallet to put in it so i could have a portable change mat. It's a bit girly though so i'm guessing that my DH isn't going to want to use it!
    I figure he can just get his own backpack :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"