March 2014 Moms

Dinner

how many times a week do you cook/eat home cooked meal? If you eat out, how do you keep it healthy?

Re: Dinner

• 3-4 times a week. The panera rapid pickup and chipotle app are our best friends on the way home sometimes. I'm trying these new Campbell sauces this week where you put the potatoes, chicken, frozen veg and sauce in one dish and bake for 40min. I don't like leaving the crockpot on all day, so this seems like a good compromise to cook dinner with very little prep or active time.
  • Define eat in? Lol

Actually cooking a meal - maybe three times a week. However usual the other four are a throw in the microwave / oven meal- processed food yum :/

• Loading the player...
  • I would say I cook 4-5 times a week. Friday's we go out usually. Other days are leftovers. Healthy doesn't seem to be in our vocabulary right now. It's often anything quick and easy. Frozen pizza on Sunday's!!
  • We cook 6 meals and usually eat out once a week. We try to eat lunch and breakfast at home too. Right now our budget is tight soits just easier , cheaper to eat at home.

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We cook in 6-7 days a week. Get take out or go out maybe twice per month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We cook 5-6 nights a week.  We go out every Wednesday with my mom, and then get take-out usually at least once.  I'd love to go out more, but right now we can't afford to eat out more than that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sometimes eating out is cheaper then cooking healthy meals!!  I cant believe how expensive healthy food is compared to the junk. 

We eat at home almost every night.  usually easy meals like pasta, frozen pizza, steak.  I try to cook something  twice a week depending on how LO is at night.  She is a mamma's girl and some nights I cant leave her side.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We allow two meals out a week (this is the max, we try to only eat out once). When we go out it's either for brunch or dinner on the weekends. We are on a budget!
  • Sometimes eating out is cheaper then cooking healthy meals!!  I cant believe how expensive healthy food is compared to the junk. 

We eat at home almost every night.  usually easy meals like pasta, frozen pizza, steak.  I try to cook something  twice a week depending on how LO is at night.  She is a mamma's girl and some nights I cant leave her side.

Yeah it's crazy that healthy food is more expensive. Do you have trader joes where you live? Their fruits, veggies, and cheeses are cheaper than other grocery stores near us.

LO is also a mamma's girl. :) I have to put her to bed very night while my husband starts dinner.
  • Eating out with an almost 3 yo and a 7 month old is pretty much a nightmare. I usually cook 5 nights a week, leftovers for one night, and then we order a pizza on the other night. Very rarely will we venture out to dinner. When we do it's usually to Friendly's so DD can get ice cream and a balloon. 

We do go out for bagels on Saturday mornings though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eating out with an almost 3 yo and a 7 month old is pretty much a nightmare. I usually cook 5 nights a week, leftovers for one night, and then we order a pizza on the other night. Very rarely will we venture out to dinner. When we do it's usually to Friendly's so DD can get ice cream and a balloon. 

We do go out for bagels on Saturday mornings though. 
    Omg I miss friendlys!!! I grew up in CT but now live in NC. There aren't any friendlys near us. :(
  • Strangest thing. I know I replied to this yesterday. Not sure why I don't see my post.
    Aaaaaanyways....
    I cook supper 6-7 days a week.
    When I don't cook, we order pizza, wings or Chinese food.

We usually have one lunch while out on DH's day off.

Re:healthy; we usually both would prefer a salad over fries so that part is easy. As for the rest of the meal...we aim for flavour or craving a lot of times, so it may not be the healthiest option. At least it tastes good. :D
  • We only get takeout or eat out 1x every other week, so I cook All the damn time.  I actually love to cook, but getting dinner on every night after work when I just want to cuddle Levi is difficult.  I plan my meals one week at a time, but typically have one night as "easy" night which means leftovers or something from the freezer or last minute thrown together ex. grilled cheese and soup or other easy.

As far as keeping it healthy just up the veggies and down the carbs.  Easier said than done,truthfully I don't calorie/fat count at all but I know when I'm not eating enough veggies, fresh produce is very expensive much more expensive than other types of food that I'm sure my family eats too much of.  If I had another $50 a week for grocery expenses I'd add more greens and fruit to our diet.
  • I cook 6 days a week. Debatable how home cooked and healthy it is. Usually we do frozen pizza, leftovers, or breakfast for dinner at least once. Fridays are no cook days. Usually take out, occasionally we'll attempt to go out, but it's hard.
  • @scrumpfy‌
    Are you saying that breakfast for dinner is not healthy? :\">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"