January 2013 Moms

Babysitter Raise?

My babysitter has been watching DS once a week for a little more than a year. I wanted to see when/if you all have given your babysitter raises at a certain point? I was thinking of going from $15-$16.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Babysitter Raise?

• I think once a year is a reasonable expectation.  I own a small 24 hour gym, and we always do employee reviews before our busy season ramps up around this time of the year, and we do raises then.  Once our busy season dies down, usually around May, we either do a bonus or another raise depending on what our P & L looks like at year to date.

Also, while taking care of DS is a lot more fun than it was when he wasn't so active, it's also a lot more work, so you could come at your babysitter sort of like an employee review saying, "we love the work your doing, and we understand the our child has different needs now, and we want to recognize your hard work by raising your pay.  We appreciate you so much."
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • If you like her I'd definitely give her the raise - you have to hang on to good people who you trust with your kids!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"