Breastfeeding
Options

If you gave up diary...

what nade you decide to do so? Was LO just fussy? Just wondering my DS can be extremely fussy sometimes ( like he's in pain) just wondering what signs to look for if I needed to give up diary to help him not be so fussy.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: If you gave up diary...

• Options
    I cut out all dairy and eventually soy when DD was 9 weeks old. She was never a fussy baby, spit up very little, and slept great. But her poops started to turn green and mucusy, and eventually there was blood in her poop. So we eliminated dairy and over time it normalized. Similar to PP, there were several other signs in retrospect. DD had mild eczema and her poops were definitely explosive.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I cut out dairy at 7 weeks when DD was very gassy and had what we at first thought was heat rash, but turned out to be eczema. I saw a change in 72 hours - her skin cleared up, and she was much less gassy. That said, I think she had a very mild intolerance as these things go - I didn't have to cut out "hidden" dairy (for example, if milk was an ingredient in a baked good) - I just stopped drinking milk/eating ice cream/yogurt/cheese. She was also OK if I ate cheese made from sheep or goat milk.

I reintroduced dairy at 6m with no problems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"