Multiples
Options

2nd tri bleeding & progesterone

Hi guys, I have 2 separate but related questions. First, I was wondering what others experiences with 2nd tri bleeding have been. My first twin pregnancy I had a persistent SCH that became a chronic abruption and then I had PPROM at 19 weeks and delivered my twins a week later. Obviously, it was a really horrible situation. The thought was that the bleeding eroded baby A's sac. This time around I have an SCH that caused bleeding from weeks 5-7 and at my NT scan I was told baby A has a low-lying placenta partially covering the cervix. The SCH is also still there, though it is definitely shrinking. Last week I had a big bleed (lots of bright red blood, like a heavy period) and I was hospitalized for a few days. Thankfully, the bleeding stopped and I am at home laying low for the week. I am terrified of a repeat PPROM due to the bleeding. My MFM says I should be optimistic -- that last time the worst case scenario played out but it's not the norm. I guess I am just looking to hear other people's experiences with this sort of thing, as I know that unfortunately bleeding even in 2nd tri isn't so uncommon in a twin pregnancy. Looking to hear what your doctor's recommendations were, how many times you bled, if you were hospitalized, when you delivered etc.

Second, I was wondering whether anyone took progesterone in your twin pregnancy week 16-onwards to prevent preterm labor. I am curious because I took progesterone with DD from weeks 16-36 due to my previous history, though my MFM pointed out that progesterone hasn't really been proven to help prevent PTL in twin pregnancies. She will prescribe it if I want it because there isn't much a downside, but I am curious if others' doctors feel similarly or what their take on it is. I agree with my doctor that the evidence for it really helping in a twin pregnancy is debatable but I am leaning towards still taking it since the potential benefit is very great if it does work. Interested to hear your thoughts on these issues.
IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
IVF #1 = BFN
FET #1 = BFN
FET #2 = BFN
IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
~~
TTC again March 2014
FET #3 - May/June 2014
-
all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"