Natural Birth
Options

Thanks for not being judgy judgers, intro

Ladies, I just wanted to say thanks for being super supportive to each other over here. My bmb is pretty darn snarky when it comes to questioning doctors and their regular procedures. I have been reading "natural childbirth the bradley way" and think that is my direction. Whenever a mom questions something that is part of standard practice she is told not to trust google and do what the doctors say. Too bad... I hope I am welcomed here when I have questions.

Re: Thanks for not being judgy judgers, intro

• Options
    We did Bradley with DS and will review it for DD as well. Good luck! And I think you should always question doctors, sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I don't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You have to excuse some people for ignorance about birth. Most people spend more time planning their jungle themed nursery than learning about how to have the healthiest birth for their child. It's shocking, and weird, and I don't get it... but it's true. 

We are doing a mix of things to prepare for birth. We are getting free private Bradley lessons from a friend who just completed training. She isn't technically certified yet because she has to attend a few births, but I really click with her. She will be attending our birth and acting as a doula of sorts. I am also doing the Hypnobirthing tracks to learn more about guided meditation. I do this in place of the passive muscle relaxation taught in Bradley books. Then my midwife and her assistant will be providing me one on one care throughout the entire process (out of hospital birth), and know lots about pain management techniques. We will have a jetted birthing tub, birth stool, birth ball, etc. to help throughout. I am actually really excited to give birth!  The best advice I can give is try to connect in real life with women who have accomplished your desired birth - My aunt and MIL have had beautiful natural births and have been my biggest supporters. Then my midwives, husband, and others I have met have really made me feel great about our plan. I still meet plenty of naysayers, but for the most part I just keep our birth plans to myself because I really don't care to know others opinions.

Somehow yesterday DH's family got into a discussion about how babies are covered in gross stuff after birth and need baths immediately. They were talking about vernix. They were pretty grossed out when DH said we have no intention of washing our baby for several days because the vernix is great for the skin, and even when we wash it won't be with soaps just warm water. They think we are nuts, and that's fine. We just laugh it off :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"