October 2014 Moms
Options

Baby products you hate

2»

Re: Baby products you hate

• Options
    This is so funny! Everyone hates the Huggies natural wipes? They're the only ones I can stand because they're so sturdy (or they were 3 years ago?)! Target wipes are on my hate list though, they stretched out so much and fell apart on me. Eta: okay finally read through all of these, glad I'm not the only crazy Huggies-wipes-lover.
    I didn't mind the wipes themselves although I thought they smelled weird but they gave DD this god awful rash.  I felt really bad for her.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers gave DS1 a horrible burn but we've had no problems with the baby dry. Go figure.

I love my diaper genie - ours doesn't smell at all.

I like the boppy for older infants but hate it for newborns.

I also severely hate Velcro bibs.

Fall 2013: Fertility treatments = first BFP!!
    07/23/2013 Drew Steven born at 5lb 12oz

02/10/14: Surprise, spontaneous BFP!
    EDD: 10/11/2014 Stick, baby, stick!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    @AppleGrapeMSTK‌ you sure the peeling isn't just from the birth? My LO is peeling like crazy because she was over cooked. It's not actually "dry". I think that lotion and bathing them more than once a week at first is overkill.
    This -- my pediatrician said not to use lotion for the first few weeks because it isn't dry skin and is necessary to shed.  She's been in liquid for months, her skin needs to get used to air.
  • Options
    Yeah that boppy is the pits for newborns..

However, the boppy lounger is legit.
  • Options
    beezbeez said:

I hate that all baby products come held together or attached to their tags/packaging with those little plastic ties. Sometimes there are like 5 or 6 on one set of 3 socks! I'm all paranoid that I'll miss one little bit of plastic and then she'll manage to get it into her mouth and choke on it.

Yes!! It took forever to get them all off of everything after the baby shower! I can't stand that! Same here with the paranoia too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • Options
    This is so funny! Everyone hates the Huggies natural wipes? They're the only ones I can stand because they're so sturdy (or they were 3 years ago?)! Target wipes are on my hate list though, they stretched out so much and fell apart on me. Eta: okay finally read through all of these, glad I'm not the only crazy Huggies-wipes-lover.
    Those are my wipes of choice too for the sturdiness factor. Nothing like a wipe shredding in your hand when cleaning nasty toddler poop.

I love the smell of J&J baby lotion. If I could find a natural product with the same scent I would use it. instead I have some stank lotion taking up space on my changing table.
  • Options
    beezbeez said:

I hate that all baby products come held together or attached to their tags/packaging with those little plastic ties. Sometimes there are like 5 or 6 on one set of 3 socks! I'm all paranoid that I'll miss one little bit of plastic and then she'll manage to get it into her mouth and choke on it.

Meeeee toooooo
  • Options
    beezbeez said:
    I can't live without my baby gown! So much easier in the middle of the night to change a baby with no snaps or zippers. Then I just put her back in her Halo swaddle and she's all cozy. I need to get more.
    I love my Halo sleep sack.  We weren't planning to get LO anything for Christmas, but I'm suddenly thinking I'll get him some more of these.
  • Options
    beezbeez said:

Just thought of another one:

Change pad covers! We wasted our money on 2 of these things. When she pees on herself every 5th time we change her, this is completely useless because we have to keep washing it. Why not just lie her directly on the changing pad itself, which is wipeable?! 

The only time I can see myself using one again is if we have a party or something and I want the nursery to look pretty.
    Haha yeah if ours was wipeable I would agree, but it's covered in a weird organic fabric so the changing pad covers are completely necessary.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I guess I've got the UOs here because we actually like the Huggies natural wipes and the J&J natural scent-free soap and shampoo, and I love my boppy.  But I  totally agree on the nursing cover. I gave the one I used with DD away and either use an A&A blanket or nothing. 

On the positive side, I've loved every A&A product I've ever bought- the swaddler, sleep sacks and burpy bib all rock in my book.   

• Options

The Pampers diapers that caused chemical burns are the Baby Dry diapers.  My DD has used Swaddlers, Sensitive Swaddlers, Cruisers, and Extra Protection without issues (luckily!).  

I don't like the Boppy or the My Brest Friend.  It was easier/more convenient to just use a couch throw pillow to prop up my daughter than to go find a pillow.  

I strongly dislike the Seventh Generation wipes.  I have a shit ton because of a crazy amazing Amazon sale a few months ago and I don't want to use them ever.  Really considering donating them because I hate them so much--small, thin, and dry.  Pampers Sensitive Wipes 4 LYFE!

For me, the bouncy seat is another waste.  My kid hated it.  Used it maybe twice.  It was a huge waste as compared to the RNP or swing.
    Actually it was the Swaddlers and cruisers, but the CSPC actually did not find that any of the pampers caused chemical burns.

DS1 had severe diaper rash with swaddlers but nothing with baby dry.

Fall 2013: Fertility treatments = first BFP!!
    07/23/2013 Drew Steven born at 5lb 12oz

02/10/14: Surprise, spontaneous BFP!
    EDD: 10/11/2014 Stick, baby, stick!!

• Options
    We were gifted several Johnson & Johnson bath sets with shampoo and lotion. I put some lotion on LO when we came home from the hospital and later I saw that his skin was peeling- like a snake. I just thought it was dry skin and gave him more lotion. After his first bath last night with the J&J stuff and more lotion, I have come to the conclusion that its the bath soap and lotion that is making Little Dude's skin peel. I put some Aveeno on him and it is helping. Andplusalso the smell gives me a wicked headache. Any products out there that you have tried and truly dislike? Something you wouldn't recommend to your worst enemy? Something that sounded so promising and was totally a bust, so we shouldn't bother wasting our money?

Our pediatrician and the lady who's helping me a few days a week both were anti Johnson and Johnson. I got rid of mine and went for aveeno.
  • Options
    alfibet said:

@meggiev123‌ what are burpie bibs?? I've seen Em and they look like a wonky shaped regular bib, what makes them special?

@alfibet‌

They are cut in a way you can put it over your shoulder and it curves around your neck, and that odd shape is so that LI can also wear it around his/her neck like a traditional bib. I find that the large size means you can also drape it over LO's lap when burping in a seated position and it covers the vast majority of the baby. We only use the A+A bumpire bibs and love them. The A+A ones are ultra absorbent.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    The Moby wrap that I have is something that I just want to throw somewhere else. I hate this stuff so much! It makes me feel so hot and my baby becomes sweaty too. This is such a waste of money!
  • Options

Someone gave us Looney Toons wipes... I don't even know where you get those, but don't. They're soapy?

I've seen packs of looney tunes wipes at The Dollar Tree...
  • Options
    The Moby wrap that I have is something that I just want to throw somewhere else. I hate this stuff so much! It makes me feel so hot and my baby becomes sweaty too. This is such a waste of money!

Try the Solly Baby wrap! Much thinner and cooler.
    photo: YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!

• Options
    The boppy pillow is the most useless thing to try to nurse with.

My fisher price tub sucks. She slowly slides down and practically drowns. So you have to keep boosting her up or hold her up with one hand and clean with the other. Real easy let me tell you.

Carters gowns. The head hole is tiny. Then you gotta shimmy the bottom down that all lumped at her neck. How about some snaps to get the head in.

3 pack circo bath towels. Thin and crappy.

No j&j products. No pampers wipes. Diaper genie can no longer contain DS stinky diaper smell.

• Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    edited November 2014
    I think I hate all bouncers/rockers/swings that aren't automatic. What's the point if you have to put in all the work yourself?

ETA: I ordered a Rockaroo. Please nobody say you hate the Rockaroo.
  • Options
    Avent bottles.  We have one glass one that I tried the other day and I just wanted to throw it against the wall.

I must admit I'm sort of happy I never purchased a RnP.

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• Options
    Avent bottles.  We have one glass one that I tried the other day and I just wanted to throw it against the wall.

I must admit I'm sort of happy I never purchased a RnP.
    Avent are the only bottles DS will take.  Why are they $9 a piece??  DS1 used the cheap ones that are like $4 for a 3-pack.
  • Options
    ^^ Also, the strap length adjusters should be in the front, not the back. My boobs are not the same size all day and it's just not practical to keep asking DH to tighten and loosen them for me.
  • Options
    I don't hate it, but LO absolutely HATES the mamaroo. So depressing. Luckily we still have a month or so to return it if he doesn't learn to love it.
  • Options
    Huggies diapers didn't work well for my little man. The leg holes frequently leaked. Pampers swaddlers have worked better for his skinny legs. I prefer the medela hydrogels over the Lanisoh ones. My LC taught me to cut them in four.
  • Options
    I hate our pack and play. It is useless. LO doesn't sleep in it, we don't use the changing pad feature...it is literally collecting dust in the corner.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually like Huggies sensitive wipes. They have worked well for us. I did not like pampers newborn diapers that we were given at the hospital but I used them since they were free. I have the pampers size one though and they are working out great. LO hates to be swaddled so all of the swaddling items that we have are a complete waste.
  • Options
    I hate our pack and play. It is useless. LO doesn't sleep in it, we don't use the changing pad feature...it is literally collecting dust in the corner.
    Ours is still in its box.

imageimage

• Options
    The baby nail clippers we were given are useless. Way too dull to cut finger nails. They went in the trash and I've just been using my nail clippers.
  • Options
    Such a good thread!

We regret buying:
    -anything J&J. Smells like a diaper and comes with a laundry list of chemical ingredients. Honest Co and Aveeno are our favs.

-Huggies newborn diapers are soft but don't fit as snuggly around the legs as Pampers. They don't stand a chance for daily blowouts.

-Huggies wipes are shred city. Pampers Sensitve is the way to go.

-Arm and Hammer diaper pail is great for smell but the lid isn't hands free. Super annoying! Trust!

-ANY OUTFIT WITH SNAPS =THE WORST. Zippers will help you save that last shred of sanity at 3am.

- those big newborn pacifiers that you can stick your finger in. They are constantly falling out and frustrating LO. We prefer the small newborn Nuks.

-complicated bottles. We absolutely LOVE the Kiinde feeding system. Simply genius!
  • Options
    We have the MamaRoo. A little noisy but a total lifesaver!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"